How to sew a backpack from worn old jeans? There is nothing complicated in this, the main thing is to act according to the instructions and stock all the necessary tools and infringement materials
Even high-quality and branded jeans have the property to wear and lose the former appearance. Do not hurry to throw them out or give a little daughter to be torn off, only the abuse of cutting and sewing. From this current clothing today, you can make it possible to make an excellent backpack, which will come in handy and for a trip to the forest and as a bag for folding sports accessories.
And so how to sew a backpack?
Where to begin?
The list of things for this kind of work may be as follows:
- Actually, the pants themselves. Well, if they have a multiple decorative finish: pockets, slots, patchwork, locks and t.NS.;
- Trimming others Old jeans, having a contrasting with basic pants color;
- Fabric or Flizelin, which will be used for the base of blocks. It is necessary to cut 9 squares from the width of a side of 10 cm;
- Cloth for a subclass: a piece of 60 cm long and about 100 cm wide;
- Sintepon or the remains of old woolen things necessary for ease;
- As a ribbiness ribbies for a robzak, you can use stripes from low-cost plastic food containers;
- Cord for Kulisky. The required length is 90 cm;
- Metal semiring for handles. They can be replaced with another suitable fitness;
- chalk, ruler, pins and scissors;
- Iron, sewing machine;
- Roller knife and special mat. You can also refuse them, but, as practice shows, it is much easier to work with them.
Stages of work
- How to sew a backpack with your own hands? Very simple, if not afraid and do everything according to the instructions. First, pants need to spread up and cut jeans on 4 identical parts, about 35×35 cm. From the residues of the tissue and trimming of denim, it is necessary to cut 10 strips with a length of about 30 cm and a width of about 4.5 cm. Stripes around the edges cut out from the tissue of trousers and increase their width to 6 cm. They are needed to create two panels for side walls backpack.
- Now it is necessary to cut the strips across, withstanding a step of 4.5 cm. With their help, we will add a pattern-mosaic in the style of Pechover Amish. Try to alternate strips of different colors to get a contrast drawing. In the ends, blocks can be used to get beautiful neat corners. And the saved stripes can later be used for the manufacture of straps.
- Now you need to sew two side panels to the main part with pockets. Together to make straps backpack. If you want to sew an original backpack, it is also recommended to cut 9 bands too. Choose width and length in accordance with the main detail. In our case, the length will be 35 cm, width 4 cm. Occasible backpack will be on a button on a rivet that can be cut out of pocket. Now we will again make strips from fabric and decor in the technique «Log Cabin». Such an intricate canvas will connect the bottom of the bag with the main part.
- Cut from fliesline or cotton 10 squares with 10 cm widths. On each to read the line diagonally. Use denim for cutting strips and square 2,5 cm wide. Of these, on the phlizelin, you need to start forming a drawing «Breedback». In the center of the block, place the square of the fabric, and continue to make the drawing by strips, fixing them with pins. After two light plays two dark. Drawing three «floors» On each side, each subsequent strip is flexing, fix the pin or root. Thus, we obtain 10 squares on the phliseline basis. They must be turned out and align all of them to be the same size.
- Choose the desired drawing of the vertex, sew and disappear seams. In the seams where the side parts of the backpack with the front are joined, it is necessary to turn and firm the bumps with the rings necessary for mounting the straps. To sew a high-quality backpack from old jeans, on the back it is necessary to simulate folds and stick with pins. To the bottom of the main billet to sew a strip, stylized under the log hut. If you seem a little decor, you can cut old labels and sew them to the workpiece.
- Now it is necessary to lay on the entire perimeter of the workpiece of Sinyprodon, bypassing its attention the pocket area. To make pins and set. After firing edges. If you need a multifunctional thing that can accommodate a maximum of useful trifles, entering the back back another patch pocket. Why not if it can just fret from old jeans. Folds on the backpack backpack slid about 2 cm. Just do with 2 folds on the front side of the sides of the valve. It remains to sew the last vertical seam bags.
- Now it is necessary to make the pattern of the bottom. Cut from a suitable rectangle with a perimeter 92 cm. Corners rounded. If nothing suitable except for cardboard has been found, use the strips of a plastic container, paving them between the cloth and insulation. It remains to perform shifting. As a lining, you can choose any fabric that you have. If there is a desire to equip a backpack with pockets from the inside, then you can repeat them from old trousers or put on your own.
- Sustrate the side seam lining, leaving in the middle of 15-18 cm in short. It is necessary for sewing a lining and ease of turning. Since the backpack is narrowed at the expense of folds, the lining can be assigned. Fold backpack with lining with the involves to each other, the upper cuts are made by pins. They need to make a row for cord. To do this, reflect it from pants or make yourself. The width should not be less than 7 cm, and with a length, decide, measuring the upper cut after laying. Kulisk and flannel folded face to face and sew, unscrew, knock.
- Remove the product, touches on the face, closeing the upper sections under it. Love cord or braid. Tighten and tie. Stamps can be made of simple journal strips, and you can sew small multicolored squares among themselves. As a result, the length of the strips must be 95 cm, width – 7 cm. Sew two stripes face to face. Unscrew the fabric and snowing to formed Kant. Turn and touched the second edge. Now it’s time to proceed to the valve. Still two pieces of fabric size corresponding to the bag, and do not forget to round two lower edges. Sleeping loop.
- To calculate the valve, it is necessary to cut oblique beyk. For these purposes, stretch jeans will fit well. Length 40 cm, width 5 cm. Root along, inside inside. Send the wrapper to the wrong side. Remove on the face and run. Valve volume can be given with two small folds. Seafood straps, loop and valve to the back of the bag, hiding inside the feeding seams. Bottom pinch to the sidewalls bags with pins, strain and unscrew. Sew a bottom with a lining by twisting it through the left slot in the side seam.
- Sewing the hole and put the lining in the bag. Grump to metal rings and fix each two half rings. Everything, a backpack is ready, you can play filling and use for appointment.
Now you know how to independently sew such a useful bag as a backpack. It is clear that you can use any decor, what you want, and a variety of techniques and drawings.
So got old jeans a new life, let’s hope that long. Good luck!