How to recognize bronchitis in a child, which types of bronchitis are, how to recognize them and what complications may result in bronchitis
Bronchitis is a serious inflammatory process affecting the bronchi mucosa. Kids respiratory organs are practically not adapted to aggressive environmental influence, unlike an adult breathing apparatus.
That is why children, especially the smallest, risk ill under the influence of various environmental factors. Even ORVI, on which we, as a rule, do not pay attention, can provoke serious consequences in the form of bronchitis.
Risk factors also include tobacco smoke in house or other premises, where baby, chemicals and evaporations (detergents, cleaning, disinfection, paints and solvents), as well as chemical taste amplifiers and other additives for food.
The main symptoms of the development of bronchitis in the body in children:
- Runny nose;
- General deterioration of well-being, weakness and lethargy;
- Cough and a significant increase in temperature (often occur simultaneously). Cough at the beginning of the disease «barking» Dry and unproductive, and later a wet heavy cough is developing with an abundance of sputum;
- Eugene (due to the development of infection) and shortness of breath;
- Wheezing and whistle on inhale.
How to understand bronchitis in a child or not
The best diagnostic option is an immediate appeal to a doctor. The presence of cough, wheezing and bugging sounds when inhaling and an increase in temperature – all this symptoms of the development of the inflammatory process.
Deletion with adequate treatment may entail such complications as pneumonia, pleurisy, the development of purulent processes and T.NS. And less frightening picture when the child coughs coughing, and at the same time he experiences pain in the chest – this is also a reason to suspect bronchitis.
The disease may have an acute or chronic form. The acute process is usually caused by the infection transferred recently, which led to inflammation in bronchi. Such bronchitis also occurs after the defeat of the lungs of infectious agents, which occurs when penetration into the respiratory system of foreign bodies.
It may be vomit masses, food, beads and other minor items that the child could put in her mouth or nose and breathe.
They are eliminated, as a rule, surgeons or resuscitatives, and the infection, made by them in the body, remains in the warm damp system of the respiratory system develops rapidly. Also, the causes of acute inflammation can be: inhalation of hazardous chemical evaporation (gasoline, smoke from burning rubber, paint), allergic irritation of the bronchi mucosa (air fresheners and flavors in cars, uncontrolled inhalations of herbs, sharp evaporation of essential oils of plants in hot weather and t.NS.).
The chronic process occurs when the child is treated without medical intervention and adequate examination.
The habitat infection recurns, that is, develops again in bronchi. As a result, such chronic bronchitis can turn into pneumonia.
That is why it is very important to promptly recognize the disease and not tighten with treatment under the control of the doctor.
It is also important not to give up antibiotics that today it often happens among young mothers who consider these drugs to be dangerous to the health of the baby, but at the same time do not realize all the danger of infection developing in a small body.
This species is distinguished by significant swelling, which causes bronchial compression. The result of which is stagnation of sputum, difficulty of its evacuation (flipping), which seriously complicates the respiratory process at the kid.
Symptoms allowing to suspect the development of obstructive bronchitis in children:
- Whistling sounds and wheezes that are heard with the naked ear during breathing;
- Tachycardia (rapid heartbeat);
- General weakness and fast physical fatigue;
- Reduction or absence of appetite;
Symptoms of allergic bronchitis manifest themselves in children after contact with an allergen. The reaction to allergens causes inflammation of the mucous. The danger of the allergic type of bronchitis is that chronic inflammation leads to the development of obstruction and then to asthma.
This pathology is found primarily among children.
Symptoms of an allergic view of bronchitis in children are:
- Cough attacks with characteristic «barking» sound;
- Dry wheems;
- Related pathologies (laryngitis, diathesis);
- Regular exacerbation in a certain setting (at contact with stimuli) and the sickness of the disease on the fact of eliminating allergens.
Bronchitis with an asthmatic component is the same infectious process of lower respiratory tract, complicated by allergic reactions to excessive production of mucus, edema, bronchial spasm.
The difference between asthma bronchitis from asthma, is that with it, as a rule, the attacks of suffocation. Nevertheless, this pathology is regarded as an asthmatic readiness of the body. Most often, this type of disease develops in children, in the family of which there is a tendency to allergies.
Symptoms of asthmatic bronchitis in young children:
- Frequent recurrences of the disease;
- Cough attacks that are provoked by physical labor, laughter or sobs;
- The presence of precursors, such as nasal congestion, throat, ailments;
- Temperature of the body may not rise;
- Dry cough, but it can change the wet during the day;
- Cough attacks are accompanied by difficulty breathing, noisy and whistling sounds on exhalation, as well as strong breath;
- At the end of the cough attack, the sputum departs, after which the patient’s condition improves;
- Cough attacks stop with the elimination of allergen (change of the place of residence, diet, the time of year);
- The sharp period can last up to three to four weeks;
- Child except bronchitis has other allergic diseases.
You, like parents just obliged to know about the manifestations of bronchitis, otherwise you just subjected your child a real danger.
Any treatment of bronchitis in children appoints a doctor who will determine the course of the disease, and, depending on age, selects drugs.
These may be antibiotics, antiviral or desensitizing drugs (depending on the cause of the inflammatory process). Only a doctor will solve whether the child needs a flourity, since their uncontrolled reception can also harm your child’s health.
A diuretic drugs can also be assigned to eliminate edema, special preparations for removing spasm in bronchops and medicines that increase immunity so that the body can successfully deal with infection.
Bronchitis in any manifestation, starting with obstructive and, ending with asthmatic, requires full cure. Therefore, you should not rely on «AB» and send a child in a week in kindergarten or school.
Wait for diagnosis «well». In any case, trust the process of treating doctors, do not risk the life and health of your children.