The shelf made by its own hands is not only a useful subject of the interior, but also saving funds. Use this instruction and make the shelf themselves
Collect the shelf for books, phone or souvenirs – it means not only to build a unique subject of the interior for your home, but also to get tremendous satisfaction and pride from the work done.
Well, if you turn this occupation into a passion, then you can get a great source of additional income, because the shelves for icons or toys, personally made from the wood array or laminated chipboard, are not inferior to their factory analogues.
And relates not only to the appearance, but also such user parameters as durability and strength.
Varieties of shelves
Regarding the placement location in the room, the shelf for icons or books made by your own hands may be the following plan:
- Wall, which is attached to the wall. Usually placed on a disinth bed or desk;
- Outboard shelf for onions or items of decor, which with their own hands is suspended on cables, straps, chains and other devices;
- Angle, located between two adjacent vertical surfaces. Maybe attached to both the ceiling and to the walls.
If you classify yourself made by the shelves for shoes or toys on the material of their manufacture, then the following types can be distinguished:
- Made of wood;
- assembled from metal or wrought parts;
- constructed glass;
- Mounted from plasterboard, MDF or chipboard.
If we talk about the design features, then the shelves for the kitchen made with their own hands and at home can be console, without sidewall and with those, with the rear wall and without it, consisting of several tiers, with straight, inclined or rounded corners, horizontal and vertical.
In reality, it is very difficult to list all the options for how the shelf may look for books, assembled with your own hands. Every people’s craftsman and the owner creates their personal sketches and drawings, after the implementation of which a unique product appears on the light. It fits perfectly into the established home interior, performing decorative and functional load.
Where to start and how to make?
You do not need to be afraid to start making the shelves for your home, because for the most part, the process itself is similar to the designer assembly. In furniture stores, you can buy everything that will need: wooden elements, the basis of MDF or chipboard, fittings, etc. Moreover, in your power to independently make part of the details.
For example, after trimming fruit trees, a lot of natural material remains, from which you can make a plank and a plank. Much faster and easier to work with freshly sponsored branches, which are processed using an ax and hacksaws.
Parts of the trunk are splitting on the lamps, each of which is clothed from all sides before receiving a plate. You do not need to do too thin blanks, otherwise the future shelf for books or other items, made by their own hands simply cracking back in the drying process. The latter occurs at room conditions, and continues at least 2-3 months.
If there is a need to build the most simple and concise honeboard for the kitchen or bathroom, you can go as follows:
- Stocking two long and pair of short boards, the height and length of the shelves will depend on the dimensions;
- Buy not less than 12 self-length of medium length and a couple of canopies so that your regiment can firmly and reliably hang on the wall;
- It does not matter whether your purpose is a simple shelf for shoes or other items, you will have to work with a screwdriver and a drill with your own hands. Do not forget to buy a decorative edge ribbon and couple of anchors;
- Assembly begins with the fact that individual wooden elements need to correctly set up relative to each other. Transverse boards are attached necessarily flush;
- To facilitate work, a shelf for the phone or shoes, built with your own hands, should do in stages. So, for example, if it consists of two horizontal parts (as in our case), it is better to initially collect two midwakes, which will be collected together by self-sighted fasteners;
- At the end of the work, the shelf must be painted if it is made of wood, or go to the edge of PVC, if it comes to the product from MDF or chipboard.
When the shelf for the hunting bow or decorative baubles, made by their own hands, will completely dry, on the joints of the boards are attached canopies. And screws need to screw both in the upper and lower board. On the wall, in exactly titled places, holes are drilled, choppers are driven there and screws screwed.
All, your regiment can be hung to its constantly place and loaded for what is intended for.