If you are engaged in gardening. then probably not first familiar with the problem of pests. Effective way to deal with parasites – Lovely belt. How to make a belt with your own hands?
On any summer cottage, the issue of permit is quite acute. Insects are often damaged by trees, drinking their leaves and even fruits. If you do nothing, trees may die. Beach gardeners know perfectly well that one of the most efficient ways to combat insects ? Lovely belt. In this article you will learn how to make a belt with your own hands.
Why requires protection?
Candy belts protect trees from pest invasions. The trunk is «transit zone» between the soil and the bark where insects are closed to overwhelm and postpone eggs. Naturally, with the arrival of spring, they crawl out of their minks and rush to the leaves and fruits of trees that mercilessly destroy.
For this reason, set several levels of protection is simply necessary, otherwise the plants may die.
Unfortunately, the belt protects the garden only from creeping insects, with flying things like a little worse. And yet, about 45% of pests can be eliminated by arranging such ambushes.
How the belt is arranged?
Cutting belt ? These are wide ribbons that are made of a wide variety of materials. They are designed to collect and eliminate creeping insects living on trees. This type of protection is mechanical, so it does not represent danger to humans.
In such baits, such insects are most often come across:
- caterpillar (apple and pear);
- Weevil cherry;
You can make a trap from almost any materials, but one of the most popular are considered:
- corrugated paper;
- Films made of polymeric materials;
For garden trees traps made up to 25 cm thick. Fix strips at a distance of 40-50 cm from the ground. As creeping pests fall into «ambush», Belt clean. If they accumulate too much, it is necessary to remove the ribbon and burn.
What are the types of belts?
To date, three types are manufactured «Zasad»:
- on a sticky basis;
All types of protection possess both strong and weak parties. In general, they only have one ? Simplicity of manufacture. Before you independently make a curiy belt with your own hands, it is worth considering each of the specified species. Then you will be easier to decide on the optimal option.
Often this kind of protection is used in tandem with other types of traps. Although individually, each of them is quite effective. Sticky tricks are well coped with ants and caterpillars who for some reason rarely come across other traps.
The process of manufacturing a sticky belt is very simple:
- Take a piece of craft paper. Note that the paper should fully cover the trunk of the tree. What already
It was said, the width of the product should be at least 20 cm;
- One side, mark the estate, can also be used and resin;
- Secure the belt on the tree, the sticky side should be on top. It is desirable that the paper flew very tightly to the crust;
- So that ants and caterpillars could not «Leave» under the ribbon, all empties are treated with clay both from above and below.
This type of protection for some reason does not use special demand for gardeners, although it is quite effective. Some mistakenly believe that the toxins contained in the trap can somehow get into the fruits of trees. Although it is only prejudices.
Make a trick pretty easy:
- As the basis, it is best to use a burlap whose width should be 25 cm;
- Then be sure to feed the basis of the insecticide;
- Fix the belt on the trunk so that it turned out «skirt»;
- So that the poisons do not disappear, the top of the ribbon ribbons will fasten the film;
- Once in such «Camera torture», Aerobic insects suffocate from poisonous evaporation.
This option «ambush» for pests is environmentally friendly, so gardeners use it more often than others. In addition, there are quite a few types of dry tricks. Consider the most effective of them.
It is done very easily:
- Measure the diameter of the barrel at the height of the half-meter from the ground;
- According to a certain length, cut the sheet from the rubber, the thickness of which will be approximately 5 mm;
- Ends of the resulting strip glue;
- In formed «storage tank» Pour vegetable oil. .
Such a belt will need to be periodically changed because the tree grows and the thickness of the barrel increases.
This type of traps is more often used as a supplement to other traps. Insects who managed to overcome other levels of protection, in such an ambody come across almost 100% probability.
- Cut a strip of a width of 30 cm;
- Over this strip of the tree trunk, while visually divide it into three equal zones;
- From the inside where paper «Contact» with wood, put everything out of the existing passages. To do this, you can use clay.
Such devices are favorite traps that gardeners are used most often. This species «Western» got its name not only because of the form of the structure, but also thanks «Magnetic» attracting pests inside ambushes.
It is also made very simple:
- Take a 25 cm wide cardboard sheet and lock it on the tree (the height is not more
half meter from the earth);
- As a result, you will have a design, like a reminder cone. The upper part of the winding should be very tightly fit to the tree bark, but a clearance should be formed between the lower part and the trunk;
- To well fix the trap, wrap the top of the construction of the twine;
- All existing passages thoroughly wake clay;
- As a result, you will have a funnel.
«Killing» Ribbons are used to protect fruit and other garden trees located in country areas.
Despite all the simplicity of designs, they are very effective struggling with pests.
That is why such tricks have become popular among gardeners.
Having established a curiy belt, over time you can not only reduce the number of insects, which are annoyed by trees, but also completely eliminate some of their views.