What is Klivery? History of queen fakes. Materials and tools for creating crafts from queen. Forms of crafts and methods of their manufacture
Quilling is the medieval art of creating paper compositions both flat and volumetric, from long spirals, in which narrow strips of paper are twisted. The name of the equipment happened from the English word, which translated means «Bird Feather».
Oddly enough, the name reflects not the final result of the crafts, and the fact that they had been done before, wound on the edge of the bird feot. There is a Russian version of the name of this paper art that sounds more landing «Paperwork».
The history of Qwill
Motherland of Paper Handicraft – Medieval Europe XIV-XV century. They were engaged exclusively in the monasteries. Those who are a little familiar with history is probably knowing that in the Middle Ages it was the monasteries who focus knowledge. They were engaged in the leadership of the chronicles, writing books, a typographical printing, dressing of paper and the monks and nuns were also invented.
Then to the paper because of its high costs was the most careful attitude. Trimming the edges of the chronicles and other documents were not thrown away, but started to work. They were the first crafts in the reflection technique.
Now you can only imagine how one of the monks to amused with paper trimming, first twisted the spiral and created a new handicory, which has successfully reached the present day. Gold-plated paper spirals decorated icons, books, wood products, creating filigree works of art with a complete imitation of gold.
Unfortunately, the age of paper is a non-scallery, so only the echoes of the magnificence of the casting crafts came to our days.
Starting from the XVII century, the piece of paper came out for the gate of the monasteries and turned into a hobby ladies from the highest light, since the rest of this occupation was still not by pocket.
Then the quilling for a long time and unfairly forgotten, while in the mid-50s of the last century, they did not remember this form of art in Korea. Oriental masters, of course, complemented these paper arts with their techniques, their works are striking with filigree, complexity and amazing attention to detail.
Tools for creating crafts from queen
In order to create the first crafts with your own hands in the program Quilling, you will not need special costs. This is a simple kind of needlework, affordable in our time to everyone and everyone. All you need – sold almost in any store.
Tools for beginner masters:
- Paper strips, if there are no special, you can cut from office paper;
- A device for a spiral twist, you can make it with your own hands: split a small smooth wand at the end, you can also use a gypsy sewing needle with a broken ear;
- glue, not leaving traces on paper;
- toothpicks (for gluing);
- Cardboard, which serves as the basis of the fake;
- The device for cutting the fringe, if you try to do without it, then you will be waiting for a lot of tedious hours for cutting the same fruit in the thickness;
- stencil for blanks.
You can also buy a ready-made set in a specialized store.
How to make crafts from queen?
There are many techniques that are folded into the unique killing technique. All of them are based on the fact that paper strips are twisted into the spiral. In order for you to have a good curl, which after you can give any shape, make a possession of one of the ends of the paper strip in the spin fixture and wrap it in several layers.
To create a tight turn, the end of the strip is glued, without removing from the device. To create a more free, remove the spiral from the needle and allow her a little to disperse, and only then glue the tip of the turn and form it into one of the models.
Forms in queen crafts:
- Fringe – to give the volume of colors. Best if you get a tool to create it. To form a curl of a ribbon with a fringe, first it is taken carefully and evenly to cut strips, and then tighten the ribbon into the spiral.
- Double fringe – To create it, you need to stretch the paper strip through the cutting device twice. At the same time, it is necessary to take a dense strip, as thin will not stand and break.
- Tight spiral. As already written above, twisting curl, stick it without removing the needle. It will not allow the ribbon to dismiss.
- A drop. To create this model, form a free spiral and, removing it from the spin fixture, squeeze one side of the curl, cut the drop itself.
- Free Spiral. The twisted strip is immediately removed from the needle and spinned before sticking.
- Curved drop – it is also necessary to do it as usual, and to obtain the desired bending one of its corners bends.
- Arrogo – First form free coil, then squeeze it into an equilateral triangle. After that, two angle pressed together before getting a peculiar arrow.
- Semicircle – two corners are compressed in a free curl so that one side of our workpiece has become flat, and the other curved.
- Glazik – done by compressing the opposite sides of the free spiral before giving it the shape of the eye.
- Rhombus – To create this figure first, make an eye, then squeeze both corners until the rhombus form fails.
- Petal – Free Spiral shrinking into the eye, then corners of the eye bend in different directions.
- An equilibried triangle – compress the free spiral in three places, before creating a triangle.
- Crescent – We make a free spiral, and after clamping two angle and bend the item in the crescent.
- Bird foot – we transform the curl at first into a triangle, then the two angle bend in the direction of the third and very pressing.
- An asterisk – on the curled strip we form an asterisk by clamping angles with uniform passes between them.
The secret of the great popularity of the crafts from the queen is that even for beginner masters will not be a lot of work literally from the first lesson with ease of creating beautiful work.
All that you need is patience, paper, scissors and a bit of fantasy. And now excellent work appear! Inspiration to you and beautiful works!