Even such a utilitarian device, like a refrigerator, can be made uniquely beautiful and unique. It is only necessary to arrange it in decoupage style
Now we are surrounded by the same type made by industrial fashion: typical furniture, household appliances, chandeliers, dishes. But sometimes I want to give the personality to household subjects, with whom we come into contact every day. Well, when there is an opportunity to order the master of handmade product, which will be guaranteed only in a single copy. But this path requires financial investments, sometimes very large.
The easiest way is to decorate ready-made items to your taste. Decoration can be the opportunity to update the old thing, which is still functionally suitable for use, but has lost a presentable appearance.
And its device is such that traces of time do not pull on a noble patina and screaming in the style of Shebbi-Chic, except that, emphasize the covers.
The use of decorator techniques allows you to make a unique designer product that will be the dominant of the entire interior. There are many design options that can be made with your own hands.
One of these ways to design Interior items in the technique of decoupage.
Where you can use
Any items are suitable for cutting drawings. Most often, decoupage is used to design small decorative items: hours, boxes, candle holders and lamps, decorative plates, cutting boards, and. Appliques can also be used for larger work – to decorate furniture, household appliances, and even as a way of finishing walls.
Often apply decoupage of the refrigerator, because this household item is exposed to a significant load – it is daily «paw» hands for several tens times. From such a load, paint on the surface is abruptly. In addition, the refrigerator is a convenient field for work: it is large and flat, and has a minimum of parts that can interfere with the work.
In addition to household and interior items, in such a technique you can arrange clothes and shoes, and with a special desire, even a car. The technique of making drawing in all cases will be approximately the same, the difference in the materials only.
For objects experiencing increased load, they will have to apply special materials.
In different styles
Of course, talking about different style directions in decoupage, from the point of view of art history, it would be too loud.
But, at the same time, trace a certain focus of styles can still be:
- Charm of the meshness. In the amateur execution, the most often subjects are decorated in the Meshchansky or Burgers style. Most common motives – pastoral sketches with shepherds, angels, floral motifs. These items fit well into the interiors in the style of Provence or Bidermair. Its varieties can be considered a shebbie-chic, a Victorian style;
- Ethno-style. To understand what ethno-style represents, you need to remember the history of the origin of the equipment. She was born as a fake to objects performed in national traditions. To create an item in a decoupage technique made in an ethno-style, you can use stylization for any national tradition in decorative and applied art;
- Deopatch. This type of decoupage has similarities with patchwork – patchwork technique. The subject is covered with pieces of paper without a plot composition like a patchwork blanket. Sometimes decopaths are used as a background for a plot composition, made in the usual decoupage technique.
In order to update the old refrigerator with a decoupage method, suitable as any style and any technique. Probably, only the bulk version will not be too suitable due to inconvenience during operation. The choice of style will depend on the overall style of kitchen interior design and kitchen furniture. If the furniture is to the style of the country, then a good choice will be a decoupage of the refrigerator in Shebbi-Chic style, Provence, or Victorian.
Cute Provisuance of Provence or Shabby Shabby Tires will turn a bulky white box in a stylish interior. The decoupage of the refrigerator in the style of sample or decopatch will easily fit into the modern cuisine.
From words to business
Having understood with the theory and picking up the style, it’s time to move to practical exercises.
If you decide that the refrigerator is too familiar or shabby, then it is worth getting to the decoupage of your refrigerator with your own hands:
- Image selection. Selecting the style, consider the composition, and what motifs will be needed to implement the idea. You can use suitable finished decoupapable materials sold in stores for creativity and make a decoupage of the refrigerator using napkins. When choosing it is worth keeping in mind that the subject for decorating is chosen the subject with quite significant dimensions. Therefore, it is necessary when choosing the motives to take into account their proportionality. You can pick up the image, print in the desired format;
- Preparation of the basis. Before starting work, it is necessary to carefully prepare the surface in order to make the decoupage of the refrigerator qualitatively. If the paint does not enjoy, it is enough to wash the doors and other surfaces with detergent solutions, for degreasing. If the paint has places in places, then you need to clean these places, removing, what is easily departed, and the rest to handle with the help of a skin to smooth out irregularities. If the damage is large, then after this stage, it is possible to be attached to the entire surface of the whole surface;
- Cut the motifs. Thinking the composition of the composition, cut out the motifs. For this purpose, it is convenient to use small scissors with curved tips, for example, manicure. Cut out only large details, all small elements are better to draw using acrylic paints. When all the patterns are cut out, spread them on the table, taking into account how they will be located in the finished form. So you can see a sketch of your idea, and if necessary, make changes and additions;
- We glue details. We start work from the center. If you decide to use napkins, we separate the upper layer with the pattern. Do it need carefully. Cover the area planned for gluing the pattern with glue, we carry the prepared pattern and carefully smoothed it along the glue surface, squeezing air bubbles and trying not to damage the drawing. It is necessary to do this with a flat artistic brush, moistened with glue. Also glue the rest of the composition;
- Additional decor and varnishing. When everything dries, proceed to decorative processing. First you need to grow out the contours of cut out motifs to smooth out the transition from the pattern to the background. First, we proceed with small skirt (No. 600), then type the background, depending on the idea.
The second stage will be the addition of the composition of the drawing of the missing small details. Having finished the drawing, cover the entire surface with two – three layers of varnish.
We process the entire surface with the help of the skin number 800. Erased dust.
At this stage, additional decorative effects can be made, for example, to apply the crewly composition, or to cover parts of the image.
After that we cover the product with two more layers of varnish. Updating your old refrigerator took place.
Start with simple
Refrigerator decoration with your own hands the task is complex: the volume of work is large and requires care. If this is your first experience, it may be worth starting with simpler things before «… wipe on William, do you understand our Shakespeare».
Start mastering decoupage from the manufacture of fridge magnets. The whole process of work is the same as described above, so decorating small magnets – excellent practice.
We hope our tips will help you create a unique subject of your kitchen interior. Creative ideas and successful creativity!