History of the origin of hinge dolls. Japanese hinged dolls – production technology. Master class on the creation of a hinge doll from plastic
The popularity of hinge dolls is easy to explain. After all, it reproduces the exact copy of the person, with all the anatomical features. Design, using bonded joints, makes them very flexible, and gives the ability to take a variety of postures and even express the mood.
Many mistakenly believe that the invention of hinge dolls we are obliged to such countries like Japan, Korea or China. It’s far wrong. The first models made in such a technique were known in Ancient Rome, Egypt and Greece. The material for them was clay and tree, and they collected them with rope and pegs.
Nowadays, the value of these dolls is not only that they look like people, but also in their individuality. And for this it is not necessary to do it yourself. It is enough to buy even serial, and thanks to the properties of the material from which it is made, change its appearance.
Japanese hinged doll
Although not the Japanese came up with and created the first toy on the hinges, but she is obliged to be all the same country. The Japanese company Volks was the first to propose a model that the owner can create for himself, feeling himself in the role of Pygmalion, singing his Galatia. You also call them Super Dollfie, abbreviated BJD.
Despite its diversity in BJD still have certain standards. They are in proportions and in size. Since only thanks to the large size of LARGE, you can create a model with full details of all anatomical features.
The very first BJD had standard size 60 centimeters. Then the product has become «grow up». At first up to 65, then up to 70 centimeters and it seems that this is not the limit.
There are other categories of toys on hinges, smaller – TINY and MINI. Very crumbs from 9 to 35 centimeters, something resemble standard dolls and therefore are created with all the attributes inherent in them.
The average size of 35-45 centimeters, this is a compromise between quality, since with such a model you can already work, giving it individuality, and price – it is cheaper. Well, all above 45 centimeters are considered big.
From ordinary toys, Japanese BJD is also distinguished by the material. They are not created from plastic, but from polyurethane resins. This material is more encouraged to the touch and resembles porcelain. It is thanks to him that it is possible to modify, armed with sandpaper, nadfil and other cutting tools.
The process of creating such a product is quite laborious and expensive. Initially, the sculptor-designer manually makes all the details. Then the silicone blanks are created, in which parts of the body are cast. But such blanks are not eternal and can only be used to create several prototypes, and then the process begins again.
Naturally, taking into account the cost of material, equipment, rental, salary costs and other factors, the cost of one product on hinges is rapid. The price of one basic model is 300-700 US dollars.
But this is the cost of a new model. And due to the fact that they are usually produced by limited edition, then entering the secondary market, its price is growing even more. And this is a big stimulus to learn how to make hinge dolls with your own hands, even if not for sale, but for myself.
Hinged dolls made by hand
Getting Started, get used to the idea that your doll is unlikely to be a masterpiece. Before that far away. But the fact that she will be bright, individual, with his name and character, with its own history of creation – is probably.
In the process of creating, each person turns into the Creator, so there is nothing surprising that the product obtained is animate. And, quite possibly, will be a talisman of good luck. The main thing, do not forget to all materials and tools, stock mood.
Technologies for creating such dolls set. In order to determine which one to work in, first select the material from which it will be created.
Material for hinged dolls is divided into types:
- self-sitting, such as papier-mache and efaplast;
- Baked – all varieties of plastic, polymer clay;
- Lytyeva – porcelain and polyurethane.
We are suitable for the first two. The injection mold is already factory. From what model will be textile, from papier-mache, self-hardening clay or other material, actually depends on the whole process of creating. For example, a textile hinged doll is sewn from a special puppet textile for milk or corporal color. And to create it, you will undoubtedly need a pattern.
On the Internet there are many master classes on tailoring textile hinged doll, there are also patterns in the desired value.
If the product is made of a solid material, then the pattern will replace the diagram on which the model is drawn in profile and experience with all the most possible details. Naturally, the pattern and scheme of textile and polyurethane hinge doll is drawn in full size.
Master class on the creation of a hinge doll from plastic
Our first doll let it be out of plastic for modeling. This material is sold in a specialized store. Still need foil and food film. Using the scheme, we make the framework of the base of the body, hands, legs and heads from the film and foil.
This is done as follows:
- Initially, the foils are needed in size and contours of the part. In order not to deviate from the scheme, constantly apply them to the drawing. This is necessary in order to withstand the desired size and proportions. Then we turn the parts with the film, and after we cut the frame with a thin layer of plastic, a thickness of 1-1.5 mm. Next, using the instruction, baked plastic in the oven;
- After the details were baked, using their knowledge in the anatomy, with the help of sandwich or nail files, we begin to grind the details, giving them the necessary wpads and tubercles. Where, in your opinion, plastic is missing, build it up. Just remember, after each plastic extension, the product needs to be sent to the oven. This is both creative and routine work;
- After the details are processed, the body, hands and legs are cut, and the frame is neatly removed. And flexible tubes or rubber cords are put in his place. Hands and legs will be cut in one place, where the joints are bonded – elbow and knee;
- Hinges are on their place in size. You also need to make blanks of palms, fingers and stop. Everything is trying on the legs and hands, it is written and rubs, so far, in your opinion, will not be perfectly approaching each other;
- In the ankle area, as well as the interlocks, palms and necks, loops or metal hooks are inserted. The whole model is collected on two rubber cords. They pass through the whole body. One stretches from one ankle to the neck, and then to the second ankle. And the second cord stretches from one wrist over the shoulders to another. Consider the degree of tension of the cord so that the product does not work out with a breakdown or shifted. Also for their hooks on the gum join the feet, palm and head;
- Next begins polishing and workout. «Leather» polished with a soft cloth to perfect smoothness, then ground and scores acrylic. A small hair recess is made on the head. Then the crushed pink pastel is covered with bodies on the body and face, fixed with everything varnish;
- In continuation of work on the design, you need to paint face, attach hair and paste or draw cilia. A person can serve as a prototype. It can be a famous actress or singer, and maybe just like your face.
So, as you could make sure the author’s hinge dolls are creative and not very difficult lesson. The main thing – patience, fantasy and fantasy.
Even if you have no finger for the tenth time, do not despair. Remember that skill comes with experience. In any case, your any handicraft is always a subject of pride.