Often young mommies have to take their kids with them for shopping or drive them into the clinic. Long wearing hands are not particularly easy, so I was invented sling
Many modern business women seek to combine a successful career and raising children with an active way of life and travel around the world. And many of it really turns out! There are plenty of devices that help young mothers if necessary, take the baby everywhere.
One of the most popular «Assistants» is a sling for carrying newborns, which helps to easily transport the kid and at the same time leave hands completely free.
You can buy this desired device in many stores, but you can make a sling with your own hands, and then you will have not only comfortable, but also the original «assistant».
Types of Sling
There are several varieties of slings, the manufacture of which is somewhat different. In addition, each of them has its pros and cons, manifested in the process of its operation. So before you begin to sewing a sling for newborn children with your own hands you need to determine which type of product is suitable for you.
The most practical and convenient are such varieties:
- Sling-scarf – just perfectly suitable for transporting monthly kids and for one-year-old socks. The only disadvantage of this original device can be considered some inconvenience when putting it in at first, t.To. In order to establish it, the skills and skills will be required;
- Sling pocket – very simple and easily put on mom, and also easy to remove the baby and «Pocket», takes little place. This carrying can be used to transport babies over 4 months;
- Sling on rings – sufficient simple and easy-to-use device, perfectly like hiking. Currently carrying rings are most popular;
- May-sling is ideal for carrying kids older than 6 months in the back position to the mother, which allows them to see everything around it, and not only their mother, various decorations on the neck, beads, etc. Sling your own hands will help the baby to know the world around.
Even those moms who did not observe their special abilities to do with their own hands to sew a sling with her own hands. Ideally, you need a sewing machine for this, but you can do without it. Most importantly – a great desire to make a fashionable and comfortable sling for newborns.
In order not to be confused in the store of fabrics and accessories and not to purchase a lot of unnecessary, and sometimes just unsuitable for the manufacture of materials, you need to decide which sling you want to sew, what time of the year it is planned to use it, what is the age of the child and other factors.
In order to quickly sew a sling with her own hands, you will need the following materials and tools:
- Fabric – when choosing it, you need to consider such indicators as a density of tissue, its strength and wear resistance, as well as ease of wash. An ideal variant of a sling material is a dense knitted fabric, a hazard or sitherium;
- Threads – their choice need to pay special attention. They should be durable and wear-resistant. This is perhaps one of their few cases, when its preference should be given to synthetic threads;
- Chalk or spacing for marking, if necessary;
- Tailoring and needles for the mark or sewing, if there is no sewing machine.
If you decide to sew a sling with rings with your own hands, then you will need strong metal rings in the number of two pieces.
Sew sling scarf
Consider the easiest way to make a sling with your own hands. Many moms choose exactly the sling scarf, t.To. It can be tied in different ways by placing a child in different positions. In addition, it is also suitable for newborns, and for one year old children. Sew your hands Sling Scarf is very simple, for this you do not need to have any skills.
In order to sew a sling scarf, you will need at least five meters of fabric width 50-70 cm. It is best to make it from solid cut of matter so that sticking seams are not rubbed and did not interfere with the child. Such a scarf for transporting a child can have several forms, it all depends on your personal preferences. The simplest and most common form is a rectangle, but such «Carrying» may have an oval shape or shape of a parallelogram.
The first thing to do is to cut the fabric for sling you choose a form of 0.7-0.8 m wide and a length of 5.0-5.5 m. Next need to handle edges manually or using a sewing machine. Then you need to wash the product, dry and stroke the iron. That’s all, a scarf for carrying a child is ready, it remains only to learn how to tie it.
How to wear it?
Testing this version of carrying for a child requires some skills. Therefore, for a start, you can practice a soft toy or pillow.
Tie the sling scarf is needed in the following sequence:
- Fold the scarf in half and then attach it to the middle of the stomach. The fabric should be straightened;
- Throw one of the ends through your back to the opposite shoulder, the same thing to repeat with the second end;
- A peculiar pocket should be formed ahead on the stomach, and on the back, the cross from the cloth bands, the ends of which should hang off the shoulders ahead. At the same time, the lower edge of the pocket should be at the navel level;
- Take a kid (and better toy for training), attach it to the shoulder, then gently pull it into your pocket on the stomach. The legs should be widely divorced, are located symmetrically.
- Next, you need to straighten your pocket in such a way that the upper edge takes place at the level of the armpits, and the lower – at the level of the priests;
- Tighten one of the ends of the scarf, spend it under the booty kid and the opposite leg. Similarly, you need to drag and the second end of the scarf, of which the cross should be formed under the boot;
- Now you need to tie the ends into the node behind the waist.
That’s all! Can be sent with the baby for a walk! Enjoy your sewing and comfortable use of this super helper!