How to sew the skin manually? This will require special tools as well as hook or needle. Connect the parts can be seams via the edge, and you can «Forward needle»
Products made of genuine leather at all times were valued very expensive, since their life was practically unlimited. But not every material can be flashing on the typewriter, and it is not always convenient to use it. Therefore, many masters sew only manually and the quality of their work remains at the height, and the price significantly exceeds the cost of products performed by machine method.
Sew from genuine leather with your own hands
You will need special tools – Shilo, Pobbler and Hammer.
There is also a special instrument for heating or as it is also called «fork»:
- You need to squeeze the line on the material being processed, which will take on the role of the guide when you do the holes. It can be applied with a circulation;
- Now with the help of a bandy and a hammer to do in the workpiece;
- Pre-put a piece of thick rubber under it;
- If you have been working through a pumping plug, you will have to additionally disclose holes with a seer for stitching;
- By placing the material in the clip, you can proceed to stitch.
What threads should be sewn? Performing a saddle seam, arm with linen threads. Before use, they are recommended to be treated with wax so that they repel the dirt and easily passed through the holes in the material.
What a needle should sew skin? You will need a strong stupid short needle. The size of the ears also matters. For example, for the manufacture of shoes, the needle with the fourth size of the Ear. Tightening the short end of the thread, it should be tied in a loop. It is necessary for the thread not swashed from the needle. Now proceed to work by choosing seam «Forward needle».
You can sew two parts with two needles at the same time. In this case, one of the needles need to insert into the extreme hole and drag. Secondly to turn through the second hole and pull down. Now it is necessary to insert it into the hole on the other hand a bit above the first and drag, directing a pointed tip up.
Then both needles are inserted into the next hole and stretched through it.
How to manually sew skin? You can connect the details of the seam through the edge. With this method, it is quite difficult to fix them in the clamp, so experienced workers give advice to glue the details of PVA glue. If, reaching the end, you will make two or three stitches with a needle, moving back, you do not have to make nodules. Enough to trim the thread at the surface itself.
When working with kapron threads, the tails can be mounted and then they will definitely not dissolve. We sew a bag of genuine leather: this method can sew not only shoes, but also a bag that will serve you not one year.
How to sew skin crochet
If you do not have a needle at hand, you can learn how to sew a sewer. That is, use it not only to do the holes in the material, but also for pushing the thread. Although this is not the best solution, since the thread is easy to damage.
Therefore, the best alternative to the needle is the knitting hook:
- In one hand, clamp a prepared markup, and in another awl;
- Make a hole from the outside of the workpiece and impose a hook into it: hook the loop folded twice the threads and pull it out on the outer side of the product;
- disconnecting the hook, gently pull in one end of the thread so that one part of it is from the outer edge of the notch, and the other with internal;
- Metal tool is another puncture in the desired distance;
- insert a hook into the resulting hole and hook the thread loop from the inside;
- Pull it so that the tip of this loop is tumped over the outer side of the product by 10 mm;
- Free the hook, and in the resulting loop, stretch the tip of the fiber you received earlier;
- It remains to tighten the stitch, pulling the thread from the inside;
- At the end of work, as soon as the first stitch made contacts with the latter, take 3-4 steps in the opposite direction, and encourage the thread not in new holes, but those that you already have.
Work on typewriter
How to sew genuine skin? On ordinary household sewing equipment, it is quite possible to sew such a material, but not too thick. It will not be able to handle the belt, but the skin, thickness from 1 to 1.5 mm take it. But for this she needs to create certain conditions.
What is needed in this case:
- Special skin needle, the tip of which has no round cross-section. The end of such a needle has sharp edges that do not push the material fibers, and they cut them through;
- If the stitch formation does not occur, you can install the needle thoroughly and not until. But these measures may not be enough, and if we sew from genuine skin skirt, then most likely, you will have to look for the material of the fond;
- If the upper thread is not delayed, you can try to change the threads and take it is not flax, but the Capron;
- If the conveyor does not cope with the promotion of the material, it is necessary to purchase a special teflon, roller or fluoroplastic paw. Some are trying to get out of the position and sprinkle the pattern with a talc, lubricate with oil or just hands help her promotion. You can try all these ways, and as an option, it is recommended to sew on top of the trash, but it is not very convenient.
Products of sewing products made of genuine leather
It is very important to properly sew the skin, especially suede. If you do not take into account the direction of the pile, the cuttings will differ in color. Ironing the surface only from the wrong side, and the iron should not be very hot and throwing away. Do not forget to put a conventional cotton fabric. Remember that when working on a typewriter seams, it is not fixed by reverse, and therefore you have to fix the ends of the thread by several nodes.
Working with skin is almost always conjugate with glue treatment. Glue can be applied with a tassel only on a cleaned surface and pre-freed from fat. The most often used glue «Moment», Rubber composition or pva. Processed glue details need to give time to dry, and after connecting and be sure to put under the press. Surplus of adhesive solution Remove with cotton swab or rag.
Knowing these rules for working with leather, you will not spoil the material, but only improve its properties and quality. Good luck!