Online magazine for women

Home / Relations / Legal protection from domestic violence - where to go, if the husband beats his wife?

Legal protection from domestic violence - where to go, if the husband beats his wife?


Domestic violence - where to go? Learn on the legal protection of women experiencing domestic violence. See where to go, if the husband beats his wife

If a woman is experiencing enormous stress of domestic violence, which is intertwined, and the fear of her husband, and the fear of publicity occurred. In this situation it is necessary to know how a woman can use methods of self-protection from domestic violenceDefending their rights, honor, freedom, as well as which services to contact and where to seek help.

Legal protection from domestic violence

Unfortunately, our Criminal Code does not shine perfection. To protect his wife from her husband is very difficult, because the situation is considered to be conflicts withinIn which the police often do not intervene. "Will begin to run after you with an ax, then call" - something like this usually respond to women who seek protection from their spouses. As a result, the situation often gets out of control, resulting in the script, which we will not talk. Sometimes, to punish her husband, you need so much time, effort and money that a woman has no choice but to continue to tolerate or just run "on the night."

Legal protection from domestic violence

But the levers of legal protection of women victims of domestic violence, yet have - Of which we describe below. Important - the victim of violence do not be afraid to ask for helpOnce and for all realized that after the first case of physical violence on her follow strikes again and again.

See also: Signs of psychological violence against women in the family - what to do with the psychological violence?

So, if the husband beats - where to go and what to do?

Contacting the police and in court

The first step is not to call, and apply in person to the police with a statement, Indicating the fact of violence or its directThreats, and with certificates from medical institutions about beatings. Do not forget to take a ticket from the police officer and hide it away with a copy of the application. For a tyrant spouse, civil, administrative and criminal liability is provided.

What happens next? The spouse shall be made an official warningAfter which it is put on record and give birththe corresponding card. If the husband to change their place of residence card "move" the new place of residence. The reasons for the elimination of the card: the end of the prescribed period (one year), imprisonment of her husband or his death, absence (over 1 year) at the place of residence or a statement from his wife that her husband was "reformed". Of course, if you went to such a move, to stay on with her husband simply dangerous. Therefore, the application is best served already find a safe place of residence.

You can, bypassing the police immediately address the court (Of course, the place of residence). Moreover, your new address, you can not tell by asking your investigator the data in the report does not take into account. This practice is also used, and you have a right to it.

Contacting medical institutions

If bodily injury as a result of actions of the spouse occur, the should their zafiksirovats:

  • Refer to the emergency room, Explained the doctor because of damage. Do not forget to make sure that the dimensions of the doctor have been described, the location and color of each injury.
  • Take after the inspection certificate with the date of application, medical records number, doctor's name and seal of the institution.
  • If traces appeared only after you've went to the emergency room, Refer again and fix them.
  • The doctor is obliged to pass the information on injuries due to beatings in the police department. Police officers, in turn, are required to posttelephone messages to inspect and give you a referral to a forensic examination. There is also need to ensure that everything was recorded, as expected. husband qualification actions (article) will depend on the results of this examination.
  • Do not forget to take pictures of themselves all traces of beatingsTo introduce them to the following case. And leave a copy of the negatives in a separate location.
  • Collect evidence - Involve witnessesWho can prove that beating and violent behavior of her husband (at least 3 episodes in which they were present).

After checking the accepted one solution: the refusal to initiate proceedings, initiation of proceedings or transfer of the application to the jurisdiction / jurisdiction. The decision can be appealed in court.

Legal protection from domestic violence

  • Women, at the first signs of domestic violence and threats from her husband must learn everything contact details of regional servicesThat will help them in the fight against this phenomenon and protect them from aggression.

Remember that your salvation from domestic violence - in your determination!

Leave a Comment

Your e-mail will not be published. Required fields are marked *

It is main inner container footer text