On the planned US gynecologist put menacing-sounding diagnosis of "low position of the placenta." How dangerous is a condition for the fetus and the pregnancy itself?
The waiting period long-awaited baby is not alwaysis cloudless - along with toxemia, drowsiness, heartburn, mood swings, many expectant mothers are faced with much more serious problems, one of which is often low position of the placenta.
Let us find out why there is this pathology, than it threatens the mother and the fetus, and what to do in such cases.
The placenta and its role during pregnancy
The placenta (the so-called afterbirth) -temporary body that exists only during pregnancy. She begins to form after the introduction of fetal eggs in the lining of the uterus, and its growth ends at 8 weeks of gestation.
By the end of the waiting period crumbs placenta grows old and fades, and she leaves the body after some time after birth. "afterbirth"It is a unique organ, because it belongs to my mother, and the baby at the same time.
During the development and gestation, it performs the following functions:
- respiratory: through the placenta from the mother's blood oxygen is supplied to the kid, but by its vessels transported back carbon dioxide;
- nutritional: this organ filters out of the mother's blood necessary nutrients, vitamins, minerals and delivers them to the fetus;
- immune "afterbirth"Supplies a child protective substances, forming its immunity and protects the fruit from the aggressive action of antibodies in the case of Rh-conflict;
- hormonal: produces hormones to ensure the normal course of pregnancy and anti-abortion - estrogen, progesterone, human chorionic gonadotropin, and others.
Poor location of the placenta: what is it?
After a successful conception, leaving the fallopian tube, the fertilized egg "looking"An appropriate and comfortable place to secure. More often than not it is attached to the wall of the upper part of the uterus, which later formed and grows connects mother and baby body.
But sometimes, for one reason or another, the embryo is attached to the lower part of the uterus. If the distance between the placenta and uterine throat is more than 5.5-6 cm, the diagnosis "low placenta previa".
Low placentation occurs most often inpregnant women older than 35 years who have not once given birth and / or abortions. The fact that after childbirth or cleaning occurs degradation of endometrial (uterine lining), who later becomes loose and newcomer fertilized egg has no choice but to be fixed in the most intact uterus area.
Also, the formation of "low placenta" in pregnancy can occur for the following reasons:
- unhealthy lifestyle before conception (smoking, alcohol);
- diseases (such as uterine fibroids, chronic endometritis);
- Complications during previous births;
- multiple pregnancy;
- previous cesarean section;
- congenital uterine anatomic pathology.
Low placenta previa: the more it threatens?
Developing and gaining weight, growing fetus with every week more and more squeezes the lower part of the uterus. What if "afterbirth"Located to the same low, it is subjected to additional stress, which might cause bleeding from the birth canal, and lead to delamination of miscarriage.
Moreover, the lower part of the uterus blood supplyand oxygen is much weaker than in the upper part, so the baby can receive less necessary substances and test oxygen starvation throughout pregnancy, which leads to physical or mental abnormalities of the newborn.
However, panic is premature yet notworth. Practice shows that 98% of pregnant women with low previa safely nurture and give birth to perfectly healthy babies. To this pathology has not led to tragic consequences, it is necessary to timely diagnose and follow certain guidelines during pregnancy.
With complete certainty the lowplacenta previa can only physician during routine ultrasound at 12 weeks of gestation. For the most future moms, usually in the first trimester of this pathology occurs without symptoms.
Only 20-30% of expectant mothers with previa is characterized by low blood pressure and preeclampsia during the second half of pregnancy, manifested by headaches, nausea, dizziness and edema.
In case, if the presentation is critically low,a pregnant woman having symptoms of threatened miscarriage: bleeding or spotting profuse vaginal discharge, pain and spasms in the abdomen. Quite often, this pathology can proceed smoothly, speaking only discharge from the genital tract of red or brown color.
That is why during pregnancy should be extremely careful to closely monitor any changes in your body and always promptly report them to the doctor.
Treatment and prevention
Unfortunately or fortunately, but the medicationtreatment of low location of the placenta is not required. Very often, the situation becomes favorable turn yourself: in the third trimester placenta located low as it gets up and opens the cervix for the passage of the baby through the birth canal.
But hoping for the best, in any case, the diagnosis gynecologist low previa, follow these guidelines:
- totally abstain from sexual activity;
- do not make any vaginal manipulation, douches, etc .;
- Avoid physical exertion - do not carry or lift heavy, we should not make any sudden movements, jump, run, etc .;.
- all household chores (laundry, cleaning, cooking) to pass on to family members;
- Provide yourself mentally and emotionallyfavorable environment (possibly walk away from their jobs, see a funny, good movies, read books, give up watching the news, try to think about the good for the sake of your baby);
- Minimize travel in public transport, particularly during rush hour;
- eat properly, to enrich the diet with fruits, vegetables, protein products;
- on doctor's advice propyl course of vitamins and minerals;
- at least a half-hour walk every day on foot in ecologically clean areas (especially if you live in the city);
- resting in the supine position, and place them under his feet a few pillows or cushion;
- when uncritical low placental previa, in consultation with a gynecologist, enjoy a workout for pregnant women (yoga, swimming) - it is necessary for oxygen supply of the fetus.
In case, if the doctor will recommend a stationarytreatment (preservation), it is not necessary to give up, because prenatal care professionals to avoid sad consequences and give birth to a strong, healthy toddler.