In pregnancy, must be careful in everything, and especially in the use of drugs. This applies to the vasoconstrictor drops, without which it is sometimes impossible to overcome illness
Incubation of the baby - a time when it would be desirableto feel only happiness and joy crumbs expectations. Unfortunately, these happy months, often overshadowed by various diseases due to the fact that the body of the future mother is weakened. A pregnant woman can overtake such trouble, as the common cold, and with it - a runny nose, nasal congestion.
In these cases often can not avoid the use of vasoconstrictive drops even during pregnancy, because the disease can be dangerous for the unborn baby.
Use any of the medicines offered by modern pharmaceuticals, it is impossible, because many of them are dangerous as an expectant mother and crumbs. How to choose the right medicine?
Danger of a cold
At first glance it may seem that a runny nose and a slight cold should not harm the future baby. However, during pregnancy, any disease can be dangerous.
Thus, bacterial and viral infections are capablepenetrate the placenta, affecting the central nervous system of the future remains. In addition, when nasal congestion and runny nose woman has to breathe predominantly mouth, which can lead to the baby hypoxia. This creates the risk that it will have to develop all sorts of diseases that manifest after the birth of the child.
That is why the expectant mother in such cases it is necessary to look for what vasoconstrictor nose drops can be used during pregnancy, so as not to harm the child.
The danger of drugs
Almost all modern drugs in thiscategories give immediate effect. A couple of clicks on the drug dispenser allow you to restore ease of breathing, but in spite of this effectiveness, not all of vasoconstrictor nose drops can be used during pregnancy - some of them can be very dangerous for the baby.
The most dangerous are drugsmedicines on the basis of adrenaline. They have an impact not only locally, but also in the organism as a whole, and this may result in difficulty in delivering food crumbs.
Given the dangerous than many vasoconstrictive drops for the treatment of rhinitis in pregnancy, it is necessary to choose to fight the disease medications, which have only a local impact.
Here is a list of drugs that can be used during the period of gestation:
- "tizin". The basis of the drug is tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride, and its effect is to remove the swelling and decrease mucosal compartment. These droplets are hardly enter the blood, because a possible risk to the fetus is minimized;
- "Vibrocil". At the heart of the drug dimethindene and phenylephrine. Using this medicine, please note that you only have half of the on-dosing and better during pregnancy, use of the drug for the treatment of children. The instructions for these drops stated that it is not recommended to use it during the childbearing, but follow the recommendations listed above you will reduce the risk for the crumbs to a minimum;
- "galazolin","Xymelin". These vasoconstrictor drugs have the same base - ksimetazolin, and they are also the least dangerous to the woman and the fetus.
Even with the minimum risk of these medicines for the child, we should not forget about safety precautions.
During gestation baby all they can be used only once / day. Maximum can use a medicine for one week without interruption.
It is necessary to know that all the data vasoconstrictordrugs can be treated only in the first two trimesters of gestation. In the third trimester, the fetus is formed by the nervous system, so that even a minimal risk should be excluded for him.
Preparations based on salt
Today, they are administered to many patients. Pregnant women, too, can use these medicines because they do not bear any risk. As a rule, their basis is saline or salt water.
The main drawback of these tools isthat as such they do not produce treatment and nasal congestion do not resolve. Their main task is to softening through their skins moisture, so clean the nose becomes much easier.
The most popular tools in this group:
- "Akvalor". For the manufacture of a medicament used waters of the Atlantic Ocean, so that the drug is hypoallergenic and has a mild effect;
- "Aqua Maris". At its production used water of the Adriatic Sea, which also contributes to the softness of its impact, including when used during pregnancy;
- "Salin". The basis of it is ionized saline.
All of these drugs are absolutely safe with gestation, but their value is considerable, so you are free to make their own hands is the usual substitute for saline.
This is another category of safe medicines. The use of such drops in pregnancy is quite reasonable - only natural ingredients in their basis, providing a soft impact.
The most popular representative of this group of drugs - "pinosol ", Which is composed of esters of conifers and mint, so that it is able to remove the inflammation, swelling, heal the mucosa, have an antiseptic effect.
Drugs in this group can not be used longer than a week, as well as for the treatment of sinusitis and bacterial infection.
The beneficial effects of these drugs due to theircomposition, which usually comprises minerals and herbal components. They are useful in the treatment of colds diseases, but the result of their application will have some time to wait.
These are the drugs in this category today are the most popular:
- "EDAS-131". It is composed of silver nitrate, calcium carbonate, Pulsatilla, hamomilly. The tool is used for the treatment of all manifestations of the common cold;
- "Euphorbium kompozitum". The product contains in its composition of minerals and natural ingredients, which help fight symptoms such as allergy, inflammation of the mucous membranes.
It "heavy artillery"Applied only in extreme cases. Assign these drugs are not always and not pregnant, because we all know the negative effects on the body of antibiotics.
But is it possible to use anti-bacterialvasoconstrictor drops during pregnancy if the other medicines are not able to cope with illness? Unfortunately, there are diseases that only they can handle. Such diseases include especially sinusitis, and the like illnesses.
If you still had to resort to antibiotic drugs should be used, providing a local effect.
Even in cases where other vasoconstrictor drops do not help, and there is a need for antibiotics during pregnancy, earlier than at 12 weeks gestation can not be used.
After consulting a doctor can prescribe such agents in this group:
Remember that any antibiotics can be dangeroushealth and even the life of the baby, so in any case, do not take them, if the doctor did not give such appointments. After the examination, it will mark the appropriate individual you reception scheme, and only if that is absolutely necessary.
Any vasoconstrictor nose drops can not be assigned independently of pregnancy - only a specialist can determine what treatment is best for you.