Many women during pregnancy have a feeling of constant fatigue. What causes fatigue during pregnancy as a natural phenomenon and how to deal with it?
Waiting for a long-awaited baby - nowtest for future moms. In addition to the toxicity, mood swings, changes in appetite, frequent urination, heartburn, cramps, swelling, heaviness in the legs and hands of pregnant often worried about chronic fatigue, even if the woman is not too active lifestyle and do not overwork.
Today we will find out why when pregnancy occurs severe fatigue, how dangerous this condition and how to get rid of it.
Why there is fatigue during pregnancy?
From the moment of conception in the mother's body goes global changes necessary for the proper carrying of a pregnancy and preparation for childbirth.
The blood volume required for providing nutrients to the fetus increases approximately in half, causing "Flaming engine" It requires much more energy than before. Because of this increase and the load on the hemopoietic organs.
It makes itself felt and hormones. Now, the body produces large amounts of progesterone - a female pregnancy hormone that lowers blood pressure and slows down the digestive process. This hormone insidious way, future moms often suffer from nausea.
The most common severe fatigue during pregnancyWorried woman in the early stages - in the first three months. This is due to the fact that in the first trimester there is a bookmark all the vital organs of the baby - heart, liver, brain, kidneys, and lungs. This load does not can not affect the state of health of the expectant mother, and she constantly feels fatigue and severe drowsiness.
In the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, progesterone levelsslightly reduced, and the woman feels much better. But in the last 3 trimester, when the fetus is rapidly gaining weight, constant fatigue comes back again. In this case the expectant mother, everything else, experiencing heaviness in the legs, shortness of breath and heartburn.
This state is very important not to confuse withiron deficiency anemia, as fatigue - it is simply a feature of pregnancy, but anemia - a serious disease that might lead to preeclampsia, fetal growth retardation, and even his death. According to statistics, every third baby, whose mother while carrying the baby suffered from iron deficiency anemia, has a reduced immunity and allergy.
In addition to fatigue, anemia has symptoms:
- regular headaches, "Flies in the eyes", Dizziness, fainting;
- constipation or diarrhea;
- brittle nails, exfoliation and hair loss, crumbling teeth;
- marked pallor of the skin, mucous membranes;
- stomatitis, gastritis;
- wanton increased heart rate, palpitations, recurrent pain in the heart;
- frequent colds;
- changes in taste and smell, at which a woman starts like pungent smells (acetone, gasoline);
- incontinence of urine during sudden movements (sneezing, coughing, and changes in body position during sleep at night).
Iron deficiency arises primarily because of the increase in total body blood level. The hemoglobin contained in red blood cells, red blood cells, simply do not have time to be developed.
That is why the future mom is necessarycarefully monitor the content of hemoglobin in the blood to be tested and on a monthly basis. Be sure to carry a pregnancy calendar and do not forget the time to donate blood.
Special attention to women, pending the crumbs mustturn to your diet. The diet should be rich in protein and iron. Unfortunately, cure anemia, if it still appears, with a single power supply is not possible, but to prevent its occurrence - easily.
Now we tell you about how you can cope with fatigue while carrying the baby and how to prevent its occurrence.
How to deal with fatigue during pregnancy?
- Try to relax as much as possible. Sometimes it can be quite difficult, because the breakdown overcomes most often in the early stages, in the first trimester, when the tummy is still quite noticeable, and a woman has to maintain the same lifestyle as before conception - a whole day to spend at work and on weekends to engage in household chores.
Use every opportunity to relax - forarriving home after work, do not rush to grab for pots and doormat, better lie down on the couch and relax. Household chores as possible to pass on to the spouse, parents or older children. Weekends fully dedicate to rest and care for themselves and the future baby;
- Sleep should be of high quality. To feel cheerful and full of energy, go to bed early, sleep at least 8-9 hours a day. The bed should be as convenient and comfortable bedroom - ventilated.
Most expectant mothers to sleep well prevent frequent urination. For 2 hours before bedtime, try not to drink plenty of fluids, replenishes fluid and electrolyte balance during the day;
- In order not to waste power unnecessarily, whilepregnancy, try to protect themselves from the experience. Avoid stressful situations, ask friends and relatives to forgive you when you're wrong, and treat with understanding.
Help disengage from life's troubles may help to meditation, yoga, reading fiction, watching high quality movies;
- How can I more often in the open air, walk around unhurried pace before bedtime. Oxygen is essential for the development of the baby, and you - for relaxation;
- Engage uncomplicated exercise. Ask your gynecologist watching your pregnancy, how it is a sport you can do. This can be jogging, swimming, aerobics for expectant mothers. Such exercise is good help to combat fatigue;
- To get rid of the constant fatiguepregnancy, take special vitamin and mineral complex, adapted for the expectant mothers. However, to choose its own it is not necessary, it is better to consult on this issue with an experienced gynecologist, to help choose the right drug and warn against counterfeiting;
- Watch out for power. It should be balanced, high-quality and natural. There is enough for two, as previously thought, it is impossible, because it is often overeating leads not only to a set of extra weight, but also fatigue. Eat fresh and steamed vegetables, fruits, berries, eggs, lean fish, seafood, cereals, oatmeal, whole grain bread, dairy products. Avoid fast food, fatty, fried, smoked foods, "Harmful" sweets - chocolates, cakes, etc., and replace them with natural - dried fruits, honey, nuts, marshmallows, condensed milk, jam, halva..;
- Take a bath. Warm water relaxes, refreshes and improves mood. To enhance this effect, add water, foam and a few drops of essential oil of pine needles, mint, orange, lavender, ylang-ylang, rose and marjoram. But remember: whatever the duration of pregnancy, take a hot bath in any case can not be - it can cause miscarriage! Take a warm bath is recommended that no more than 15-20 minutes. Well, if you're a lover of soul splash in water, better to give preference to the soul.
Slight fatigue - is quite normal while waiting for the baby, especially in the 1 and 3 trimester.
But if you experience constant fatigue during pregnancy, even after a long and high-quality recreation experience severe fatigue, you should consult a gynecologist.