What kind of braces is to put the child and when? What types of braces: their advantages and disadvantages. Reviews and parenting tips.
They say that straight teeth are only in children,whose parents have straight teeth. But this is - just a myth. Some dental diseases and nervous disorders, can provoke teeth bending. In this case shows the bracket system, which "put" teeth in place. About how to choose the braces and the age at which to put them, tell our article.
What is a "bracket system," and in what cases it is recommended?
Braces - the most popular and modern today orthodontic device that can correct the bite and create a handsome smile.
The first bracket system started to be used inthe twenties of the last century, American orthodontists, it is they, and the honor of the invention apparatus. Since then, the braces are not just transformed and improved. In Russia, the braces are used not so long ago, since the nineties of the twentieth century.
Braces are a complex structure consisting of several parts, namely:
- braces - The main element of the system (fromEnglish - "brace"), which is a small padlock fixed to the tooth enamel for the duration of the treatment and can not be removed. Kit bracket consists of twenty pieces, of which ten "of locks" are attached to the upper teeth, and the same to the bottom. The most common treatment exposed at once, and the upper and lower jaw;
- Metal arc nickel-titanium alloy, - the second elementsystem. Such an alloy is unique, above all, the fact that he has "shape memory": as if he did not have to bend, it seeks to its original shape. Initially, an arc shape the desired tooth row and placed in the slots of brackets. Bending under the patient's teeth, the arc is still committed to a predetermined initial shape and shifts of a teeth. Arcs are made of different diameters and different densities. In most cases, the treatment begins with the weakest arcs, and end up more stringent, if necessary;
- Ligature - The third part of the system, which is a wire made of metal or rubber ring. Ligature connects and holds the arc in the slots of the bracket;
- Just a doctor can supplement treatment other devices: Springs, rings, elastic strings, etc., if necessary.
To install the bracket, there are well-defined medical indications. These include:
- The need for bite correction;
- Overcrowding location or, conversely, too large gaps between the teeth;
- The curvature of the one or more teeth;
- A more developed lower or upper jaw;
- Chewing dysfunction;
- Aesthetic reasons.
The process of correcting teeth withbracket system looks simple enough, but only under the condition that the instrument is in the hands of a professional. The desired effect depends not only on the quality of the device, but also on the error-free diagnosis, the correct choice of treatment and the right to determine its sequence.
At what age is best to install braces?
Experts say that braces can be installed at any age, the difference is only in the system itself:
- Removable braces adjusted children, because their bite is not yet formed;
- Fixed - mounted an adult.
Children traditionally distinguish two periods of treatment with braces:
1. Optimal early age for treatment professionals call seven - nine years (Some are inclined to think, to solve problems already with five years by treating the so-called partial braces).
The main criterion for treatment initiation are the following indications:
- The child has erupted permanent upper incisors (four);
- First permanent teeth to erupt and long enough to secure the brackets.
Earlier orthodontic treatment allows you to:
- To create conditions for further development of the bite;
- A beneficial effect on growth and development of the jaws of the child;
- Not eliminating from further treatment in adolescence, can significantly reduce the time and facilitate its flow.
It is worth noting that earlier wearing braces ascomplete, as partial structures, besides the explicit use can lead to undesirable consequences, including problems with the tooth enamel. Therefore, treatment at an early age is allowed to carry out only on the basis of compelling health indicators.
2. The Second Stage treatmentUsually conducted in aged eleven - thirteen years.
This period is considered the most favorable because:
- This is the period of active growth of the jaw;
- Most of the problems with the bite is solved successfully and quickly due to the rapid growth of the child.
Treatment has been held for high-grade non-removable braces, so the main tasks at this time are:
- Especially careful oral hygiene
- Strengthening of tooth enamel
- Preventing tooth decay and "white spots" around braces
- Regular visits to the doctor for treatment of correction
- Correctly chosen course of treatment - a very important condition for the health of the child.
determined it the following criteria:
- Type bite, according to the degree of severity;
- Features and condition of the tooth enamel;
- General and physical development of the patient;
- And many others, including a desire or reluctance to wear braces.
It is recommended to take the child for a consultation with an orthodontist in three - four years. This will:
- To determine whether there are problems in the already formed milk bite;
- In the case of already existing problems - to find out how and when they need to be addressed;
- Get the necessary guidance specialist.
What are braces? Advantages and disadvantages of different braces
The modern development of technologies allows to make braces are not only different colors, but also a variety of designs, using a variety of materials.
1. Metal. This is the most common design. Metal braces are mainly preferred among the youth. They also are required in the treatment of adolescents.
undeniable advantages Metal braces are:
- Ease of use - a small thickness less traumatic for the patient's cheeks and lips;
- Hygiene - metal braces clean is good;
- Well hold on the teeth;
- The ability to change color when changing ligatures.
- Low aesthetics.
2. Transparent braces are made of different materials.
Made of plastic, fiberglass or composite brackets - transparent and virtually imperceptible to the patient's teeth. Their unquestionable advantage lies precisely in this. but shortcomings in these systems much more:
- The fragility;
- The limited use of time (less than one year);
- Use only for treatment of mild illness;
- Limited use of the lower jaw.
Braces are made from artificially grown sapphire or ceramics as invisible on the teeth. They prefer to carry the majority of patients the middle and older age group.
- Durability and reliability;
- Good being attached to the teeth;
- Good aesthetic appeal.
main limitations this system:
- The need for thorough oral hygiene;
- High price.
3. Lingual braces absolutely not visible, because theymounted on the inner surface of the teeth (hence their name). Such a design preference for middle-aged patients. However, the total invisibility of their merits are exhausted.
disadvantages lingual system:
- The presence of contraindications, due to the peculiarities of the bite;
- Application design is a violation of diction until the patient gets used to the brackets;
- Lingual braces rub language;
- The increase in terms of the treatment in the application of lingual braces.
4. The new word in orthodontics - bezligaturnye braces. Appearing recently, the system has greatproved itself. The main difference from conventional bracket systems is the presence of "clips", thanks to which the arc is closed. Based on materials bezligaturnye braces also are different. They can be made entirely of metal, as well as a combined metal and composite transparent.
dignity this system are undeniable:
- Reduction of treatment, about one-quarter;
- Aesthetic appeal.
In addition to a variety of design, the patient can choose a variety of braces: "golden" glow (sometimes referred to as "wild"), a variety of colors and shapes - it all depends entirely on the imagination.
Comments from the forums. Parents of braces:
Should teenage son to put braces? The problem we have is small - on top of straight teeth, but at the bottom of one tooth slides over the adjacent. Son against any braces. I think he might want to later? Or it is not necessary to take into account his desire, and to correct the problem immediately?
The notion that the boy treated by an orthodontist likeas well as to anything, very common. And the fact that the uneven teeth not only look ugly but also form a malocclusion with all its attendant problems - are usually overlooked. In my opinion - it is better to consult with a specialist, and if the doctor says that align the teeth in this period is not necessary - is another matter.
The son of a problem with the upper teeth - two issuedforward. He is a very shy smile, though to my proposal to go to the doctor and put braces reacted very sluggish. In our regional dental braces do not put. I decided that even if we do not prevent consultation and bring their son to another city. We turned to EDS. We were very pleased. The doctor who treated her son - with a wealth of experience, has advised us the best option "Incognito", the brackets are installed on the inside and can not be seen at all. Their son is already half a year, the result - excellent!
Daughter really insisted to putlingual braces. We do not feel sorry for her money (lingual are much more expensive than conventional metal), as long as it has yielded results. Good thing we got a competent orthodontist. She convinced her daughter to put the usual external braces. We stopped on sapphire. Pleasure is also not cheap, but my daughter absolutely not complex and is happy.
She put her son (15 years old) ceramic brackets with white arches. Son is happy - and the result of the treatment is in sight, and the braces themselves are not as noticeable.
Son-schooler put conventional metal braces. Although if you have the opportunity - better put sapphire. It looks a lot better, and the child will not be embarrassed.
Becoming daughter conventional metal braces, andMany orthodontists insist on this proven and reliable construction. In my opinion, the whole thing as the lodge itself. My daughter asked for colored braces, they did not hesitate, they say that he wants to "wild" to light. And it did not cause much inconvenience - a couple of days felt uncomfortable, that's all.
Of course, restrictions in food and beverages it a little unnerving, but we aim at the result - a beautiful smile in a year.
Mom, always put braces for children ifDoctor advises, and do not hesitate! Otherwise, your kids in the future will have a lot of things, from problems with the teeth, bite and looks to psychological complexes. Is it easy to live with such a "bouquet"? After all, a child without the interference will be much more painful and easier - and for the child in moral terms, and for the parents in the material.
If you want to put your child braces or have experience in this business, share with us your opinion! For Lady-magazine.com important to know your opinion!