What are the benefits of vegetarianism, is there any harm in vegetarianism? Read on lady-magazine.com the pros and cons of vegetarianism, reviews. Harmful if vegetarianism - the possible effects of vegetarianism
One of the oldest forms of non-traditionalpower options - vegetarian - adhere to more than a billion people today. Arguments about its pros and cons do not fade away, probably never. Some believe vegetarianism is a panacea for all ills, while others - a mental illness. What is the truth? In some cases, the benefit of vegetarianism, and in some - a negative impact on the state of health?
The essence of vegetarianism, the types of vegetarianism
Contrary to its fiercest opponents of vegetarianism, it is not a fashionable diet or mental disorder - vegetarian roots stretch from the distant past, and the total meaning is a certain philosophy and a way of life. Vegetarianism is closely linked to yoga conceptOften these philosophies merge into a single lifestyle.
The essence of this system power supply - the use of plant or vegetable-dairy food in therapeutic and prophylactic purposes.
What attracts people vegetarianism is that it include?
- Deep religious and philosophical meaning.
- The desire to get rid of certain ailments.
- The desire to lose weight.
- The categorical refusal to have "our younger brothers".
Most fans of the power system marked these results as weight loss and frequency of nervous conditions, improving mood, loss of abdominal pain and normalization of the gastrointestinal tract, and so on.
The main types of vegetarianism
- The most severe type - veganism. The essence - the rejection of any animal foodorigin. The vegan menu - vegetables, grains, nuts, fruits and their products. As for drinks - water, herbal teas and infusions, juices from fruits / vegetables, rare - tea / coffee. Admission is limited to salt. Do not drink beverages and other stores. Sugar is replaced with jam and honey.
- semi-vegetarianism - Intrusive option. The power supply system, approved by almost all nutritionists. There can be all a little bit, the emphasis - in the fruits / vegetables. The basis of the diet - vegetable food. Once a week or two meat and seafood are allowed, once a day - milk. With sweets - like meat.
- Pestsetarianizm - Power scheme is similar to the previous one, but also the fish present in the diet.
- Laktoovovegetarianstvo. The power supply system according to the scheme - eggs, milk and plant products.
- Fruitarianism. The bottom line - the power berries, seeds, cereals, nuts, vegetables / fruit - that is, products that do not require destruction.
- Raw food diet. The diet - only plant foods, without any treatment.
All other variants, including all appearing lately - the combination of the above.
The benefits of vegetarianism for health - who is useful vegetarianism?
Opinions of experts in this matter is not particularly disagree. If vegetarianism includes fish, milk and eggs, then it may well be used, but in the second half of life (30-40 years).
Which diseases and who will benefit vegetarianism (as part of the treatment for a short time):
- In atherosclerosis.
- Hypertension, coronary heart disease.
- In diabetes type 2.
- With arthritis, arthrosis and osteoporosis.
- In the presence of gallstones.
- With obesity and poor circulation.
- In cirrhosis of the liver and gout.
- When pyelonephritis.
From the undeniable advantages of vegetarianism are the following:
- A minimum of calories. That is to say, vegetarianism combined with fitness - the easiest way to maintain optimal weight.
- Purification of toxins.
- Easy assimilation / digestion.
- Normalization of cholesterol levels and strengthening the immune system.
- Strengthening blood vessels.
- The abundance of vitamins and volatile production.
Harm vegetarianism, the possible consequences of vegetarianism; who prohibited vegetarianism?
The main thing to remember: veganism allowed only completely healthy people. Gentle vegetarianism will benefit only with a balanced menu. Read: The most useful products for women's health.
Cons and the effects of vegetarianism:
- The risk of developing iron deficiency anemia. Cause: The iron contained in plant foods is poorly absorbed.
- Lack of vitamin B12 in plant foods (it is available only in animal products) can lead to serious disorders of the nervous system.
- Protein - is the main building material for tissues and cells in the body. It is with their help, there is a development of enzymes and hormones. AND vegetable proteins (such as soy) will of course give way to the animal.
- Deficiency of vitamin D, calcium and zinc, iodine - The main problem vegans.
- Complete rejection of fish leads to deficiency of omega-3 and so forth. That, in turn threatens the development of heart disease and cataracts.
- excess fat It becomes a hindrance protein absorption.
- It falls under the blow pancreas.
- Raw food diet and does it causes the body to function in extreme conditions.
- The risk of developing vitamin deficiencies, protein deficiency and dysbiosis.
This vegetarianism is contraindicated?
- Firstly, children. As meat and fish - are required components of the children's diet. Without them it is impossible to complete the physical growth and development.
- Expectant and nursing mothers. Loss of nutrients during pregnancy must be compensated, and on certain products of plant food crumbs from the list may be allergic.
- Athletes. Their diet should be strictly balanced, and animal proteins are more valuable to the diet than vegetable.
- To old people (Due to the high risk of osteoporosis).
- Postmenopausal women. In this case, a vegetarian diet does not meet the high demand of the body in a very right for this period calcium.
- People in the postoperative period.
It is also contraindicated with vegetarianism:
- Asthenic syndrome.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Type 1 diabetes.
- Systemic diseases.
- Chronic and acute pancreatitis.
- Gastritis, ulcers and other gastrointestinal diseases.
All people are different. Someone vegetarianism will benefit, for someone may result not the most pleasant consequences. Therefore, the choice in the matter - it is the individual that requires a delicate balance, and in some cases - medical supervision.
Website Lady-magazine.com warns: all the information is given for guidance only and does not constitute medical advice. Before you make your vegetarian food system, be sure to consult with your doctor!