Daily laying - harm or benefit? How to use during critical days: tampons or pads? How to observe the intimate hygiene and how to choose the remedy for this?
As a rule, only recently talking aboutintimate hygiene was considered inconvenient and even indecent. Today, however, we have stepped far forward - and this applies to medicine and the care of the body, and the means of production to create comfortable conditions for women in the most vulnerable to its field - the field of personal hygiene.
But many women are superficialideas about how you need to take care of the intimate area, to ensure not only clean, but also to preserve the proper acid-base balance, as well as the desired microflora. Often known to all pelvic inflammatory disease are the result of improper or inadequate care of the intimate area, so the question of hygiene for the modern woman is no more nor less than the question of its women's health.
Myths about the benefits of daily pads
Daily gaskets are known to every woman theyadvertised everywhere and sold in any store and supermarket, where there is personal hygiene department. Just a few years ago, there was excitement about these seemingly essential, feminine hygiene products - manufacturers proved their multifaceted benefits, Stressing that "dailies" woman will feel comfortable anywhere, in any situation.
Over time, the company began to produce competing a huge variety of women's panty liners - Any shape and thickness, with flavor and colormoisturizer, antibacterial, for any form of panties, and a variety of materials with different fillers, colors ... various manufacturers, of course, continue to argue about the use of these funds women's intimate hygiene, but here gynecologists are increasingly talking about the dangers of "dailies" for women's health.
One can not sayAre harmful whether panty liners, if used continuously, for women's health. But gynecologists argue that a healthy woman who pays attention to intimate hygiene is enough, It does not require such means to maintain the cleanliness and freshness - It needs only a shower and clean clothes. No matter how thin it is, daily gasket creates a "greenhouse effect" in the most delicate area of the female body - And it promotes rapid microbial growth.
Lactobacillus, that are useful for the female body, exist and reproduce only with the free access of oxygen, and panty liner prevents thisForming a barrier for ventilation. Daily gaskets needed, when a woman expects to menstruation, or in the allocation of cervical mucus during ovulation days - on other days is better to abandon their use.
To panty liners are not caused injury to be observed basic rules for their use:
- Daily gaskets should be certified, made from environmentally friendly materials.
- Herself packaging "Dailies" must be sealedNot letting in moisture and bacteria.
- As part of the "dailies" must not be any synthetic materials.
- A woman should abandon colored panty linersBecause dyes in their composition can cause allergies.
- Daily you must replace the gasket every 2 hours maximum - 3 h. Over 6 hours of use in the "dailies" evolving pathogenic microflora, is harmful to the health of the woman.
- Daily laying It can not be used during the night, they can harm as a result of prolonged use, and be a source of inflammatory diseases of the female reproductive organs.
- It is best to choose a daily without laying different fragrances. A large number of aromatic components can cause intense itching, allergies, irritate the delicate mucous membrane.
Tampons or pads - that is the question
In the days when women need special care andprotection, namely in menstruation days she can use sanitary towels, tampons to absorb excretion. But what means of intimate hygiene is preferable, but rather safer, more reliable and more comfortable?
Advantages and disadvantages of tampons:
Undoubtedly, when the production of tampons has gained widespread, and women have the opportunity to compare them with gaskets, many were convinced of their undeniable benefits before the last:
- If the tampon is selected and inserted into the vagina was correctly it absorbs menses and do not miss them out.
- tampons completely invisible under clothingA woman can wear a tight-fitting and light-colored items in the critical days.
- The use of tampons in the critical days It makes a woman more freely - She can dance, swim, bathe, exercise.
- Tampons of a size much smaller gaskets, and therefore they are more comfortable to carry around.
Unfortunately, the use of tampons has limitationsOf which women need to know when choosing:
- Tampon absorbs not only menstrual flow but also secret the vaginal wall - is causes their dryness. Some women suffer from the dryness of pain when removing a tampon.
- Tampon must replace new every 4 chasa. But he did not even notice the woman herself, and sheIt can easily forget about it. Use of more than 4 hours tampon causes propagation of pathogenic bacteria therein, which can cause inflammatory diseases of female reproductive organs.
- There are cases of very serious illness - toxic shock syndrome women during the use of tampons. These cases are rare, but every woman should be warned of this risk.
Advantages and disadvantages of female sanitary pads:
To date, types of feminine hygienepads much more than varieties of tampons. Many women prefer it to them, because they feel more hygienic and comfortable. Is it so?
Today issued a huge number of types of gaskets for intimate hygiene of women, they can be with wings, "breathe", discrete, perfumed, reliefand ... If we compare with tampons, pads have a number of benefits:
- Women's sanitary pads absorb much more menses than tampons (even labeled "ultra").
- Gaskets convenient used in the days when female expects offensive menses.
- Using the pads, woman can control always intensity and nature menstrual excreta.
- Using spacers no difficulties, They are very easy to fix to the surface of the panties with adhesive strips or "wings".
- Gaskets can use the girl - a virgin, gaskets can not damage the hymen.
Despite the obvious advantages of using sanitary pads, they are also essential limitationsWhich should also be taken into account when choosing:
- Gaskets noticeable under clothing; sometimes they may stray, toppling on its sideThat attaches to the use of an even greater disadvantage.
- Gaskets are fairly large thickness, may chafe the delicate skin in the perineum area, mucous membranes.
- If the gasket is painted in any color, or flavored, she can cause mucosal irritation, An allergic reaction.
- Laying is not breathableIt causes the greenhouse effect in the most delicate area of the female body, which may contribute to the growth of pathogens at the mucosal women.
As a rule, the girl with the beginning of menstruationIt uses gaskets for monthly bleeding. Later, the woman herself chooses, what to use - tampons or pads. If a woman has a health problem, the issue of the choice of sanitary pads or tampons, it can use the advice of your gynecologist, Learn about contraindications for her of a means of intimate hygiene.
The best option - the use of both, at different times of the day. To go to work or walk, Sports, outdoor activities, you can use tampons, but change them in 2 for 4 hours. At night or in a passive pastimeit is recommended to use feminine hygiene products. These means for hygiene of intimate areas should be selected in strict accordance with the intensity of their menstrual flow - from 2 to 5 "droplets", indicated on the packaging. In "Arsenal" women should be pads and tampons with different absorption coefficient, then it will be able to choose, depending on the nature of the bleeding, and the use of these means intimate hygiene is safe and comfortable for her.
Compliance with the rules of personal hygiene - the preservation of women's health
The woman is very vulnerable to the harmful effects of the environment, and must comply with the basic rules for the care of the intimate area:
- Wash the area of the perineum every woman should not less than twice a day.
- must not Wash perineal area strong jet of water, Because it can be brought into the vagina pathogenic bacteria that damage the protective lubrication of the vaginal walls.
- Towel Intimate Zone must be individual. After washing the crotch zone should get wet gentle movements, and not wipe.
- To wash the intimate area woman should give preference to special soft facilities without soap, dyes, fragrances.
- Seals and tampons woman should changed at least every 3-4 hours.
- Women should remember that all preparations for the care of the intimate area does not have medicinal properties. If she noticed any health problems, you should contact your gynecologist for advice.
What special tools are needed for personal hygiene?
Today arsenal of intimate cosmeticsWho can choose every woman in the store is very wide. This wide variety of tools that are designed to protect particularly sensitive and delicate female body zone from pathogenic microflora, and give comfort and confidence.
But often the woman does not go, what means will bebetter for her care of the intimate area, guided by the criteria and the availability of funds for the price, fashion, advertising appeals, tips girlfriends, etc. Some women and did believe, that for the intimate area the care should not use special means, using plain soap. It should be noted that the use of an alkali soap for washing the crotch area It may cause irritations, and as a consequence - inflammatory diseases of the female reproductive organs. Women rarely draw analogies between violations of women's health and personal hygiene means, and, among other things, improper care of themselves is often the main cause of women's diseases. Ordinary soap alkaline in composition, it removes the useful lactobacilli to skin and mucous membranes, causing the reproduction of pathogenic micro-organisms.
For intimate hygiene means you must buy, a composition containing lactic acid. It gently cleanses the crotch zone, eliminates pathogens without inhibiting proliferation of lactobacilli.
What are the means for intimate hygiene?
Gel hygiene intimate zone is always very popular - it available meansit liquid. not strong foams. Gel has a gentle detergent properties to the composition often contains anti-inflammatory and moisturizing ingredients: aloe, chamomile extract, sea buckthorn oil and other useful substances.
Mousse, foam for intimate hygiene. In the shop there is a wide variety of these products, and so women are less pay attention to them. of gel mousse and foam differ only consistency their composition is often identical. In contrast to the above-mentioned gel, these funds have a "lightness" and suitable for women with sensitive skin, especially in the crotch area.
Wet wipes for intimate hygiene very convenient in situations where you can not use gel, foam (on the road, at work). napkins impregnated with a special liquidthat It contains lactic acid and caring components - extracts of medicinal plants. Packing wipes for hygiene intimate zone will not take up much space in your purse.
special soap for hygiene intimate areas should not contain fragrances, dyes,preservatives, alkalis. It also contains extracts of medicinal plants useful caring components. According to their impact on the delicate skin and mucous membranes in the intimate area of the soap can be stronger than gels or mousses.
Deodorantsto care for the intimate area women can muffle odors in intimate area, but they do not have any smell. This means personal hygiene should be used when necessary (on the road, at work). It can not replace the daily washing away.
Cream to care for the intimate area can provide comfort womanIf it feels dry, irritation in the crotch area. The composition of such creams typically contain substances, which protect against mucosal pathogens reproduction.
If you liked our article and you have any thoughts about it, share with us! For us it is very important to know your opinion!