Things with a hood do not go out of fashion because they are comfortable and functional. What do I need to know when I start hood patterning? How to properly sew?
Forms of clothes with a hood appeared yetTime when fashion is not thought of. In the Middle Ages, tailors already knew how to sew a cape with a hood, since this kind of clothing was in demand by all segments of the population - vagabonds-commoners and nobles.
Covering his face with a hood, noble lordsSeduced the poor girls, and tramps made many-mile transitions. This kind of clothes was forbidden to be worn by persons who did not profess the Christian religion - that is why the Gentiles were immediately visible.
In 1527 a convenient addition to raincoats and capes was called a hood - by analogy with the French hood.
Currently, this element of clothing is stillIs popular. It can be functional and be an ornamental decoration. Especially often they are complemented by sportswear, whose motto is practicality and convenience.
Before you sew a poncho or a mantle with a hood, you need to learn how to build a pattern:
- Measure the head circumference and the distance from the crown to the articulation of the shoulder (this is the easiest way to build a pattern);
- Drawing is drawn from the bottom corner;
- From the point, two lines are drawn at right angles to the right and upwards;
- From the starting point for all sizes, mark 4 cm upwards and already from it 1 to the right (so as not to get confused, this point is designated B).
- Measure the length of the neck of the back and the shelf for the unfamiliar with the sewing business - the front part;
- From point B draw a line to the intersection with the already drawn lower leg of the right angle - the length of this segment is equal to the sum of the length of the neck of the transmission and the back, plus 3 cm on the dart;
- To determine the location of the dart, from the point A mark the distance equal to the length of the neck of the back + 1.5 cm - these half a centimeter half of the dart;
- The height of the tuck is 8-10 cm. This distance is laid at a right angle. After noting 1.5 cm on both sides, they are outlined - a dart image is obtained;
- Height of the product should be no less than the length of the head + 3 cm. If you want volume, add more to the increase;
- Width is calculated - 1/3 of the head circumference + 4-9 cm;
- The width of the hood is laid at a right angle from its height, a rectangle is constructed;
- In it the upper edge of the article is drawn. He is made straight or drawn in a pattern;
- To the left of the angle downward, mark 1.5-2 cm, and connect with a slightly concave line to the end of segment C1.
General tips for tailoring fashionable clothes
How to sew a hood with your own hands?
- Begin to make a complement to clothing with a pattern;
- Then it is transferred to the fabric, not forgetting about the dart. If you plan to sew from a whole cut, then the fabric bends at the layout, from 2 - sewn on the central seam before working with the details;
- If the material is soft, it is desirable to glue the middle with a glued spacer - a doubler. The edges of the doublerine, so that it does not pour, are processed on the overlock or a zigzag line;
- Darts are stitched, details are folded face to face and stitched;
- The product is stripped off, the seam is ironed;
- If necessary, the hood was planned with a lining, make up a pattern for it. The available sizes are reduced by the size of the obtachka - 8 cm. The lining is sewn with darts, pressing the seams;
- On the fabric, from which the hood was sewn, outline the obtachka. The width of the strips is 10 cm;
- The product is turned inside out, and they hook the obtachka;
- Excess tissue is cut off, not forgetting to add 1.5 cm - this is necessary in the future to sew the hood to the product;
- To the edge of the fringe sewn loops, thanks to which the fashionable element of clothing will be attached to the thing for which it was intended. Sew on the fastening places buttons;
- After fitting, making sure that you spendNothing is necessary, it is already possible to sew the main part and lining. After the flashing, the hood is turned through the hole in the seam - so put on the pillowcase on the pillow;
- Then the uncoated edge is treated, they pass the finishing line all over the face. If necessary, the edge is drawn on it.
You do not have to solve the problem, how to sew a raincoat or a coat with a hood. A hood can be fastened to any product.
It's easy to understand how to sew a hoodie with a hood, using the algorithm already proposed. But in order to sew a poncho with a hood, even a pattern will not have to be made.
Necessary materials and tools:
- A piece of square cloth - 120cm x 120cm;
- Separate pieces of cloth - 60x60 and a little more, for obtachkov;
- sewing machine.
- The square is folded diagonally twice to form a triangle;
- The acute angle is cut along the arc so that the head passes into the resulting hole;
- A square piece of 60x60 is folded twice to form a triangle, and stapled perpendicular to the folded edge. Turn out - the hood is ready;
- From the small piece cut out obtachku, process a preparation, from the underside of a product sew a piece of a fabric on width about 8 sm that then accurately to sew to a poncho from the inside.
Poncho with a sharp hood is ready. Obtachka can be decorative or made of the same material.
Fur products, which include fur coats, are purchased for one year. When buying, they usually try to choose long models to feel themselves "lady". And then it turns out that a long coat - it's uncomfortable. It interferes with a trip in your own car and in public transport.
When the fur coat is shortened, there are pieces that it is a pity to throw out.
Of them You can sew Removable hood for a fur coat:
- The construction of the pattern is carried out according to the scheme already described, but at least 14 cm are added to the height - fur hides the distance;
- Do not try to arrange the pieces so that you get a whole piece. If it is sewn from the halves, the hood will lie better;
- Lining required. It can be made from fleece or satin. It is desirable that the color of the lining of the fur coat and hood coincide;
- Fur is easier to cut with a blade;
- Parts of the hood before the final piercing are swept from 2 sides, the villi gently straighten;
- On the allowances and darts, the fur is cut through;
- Hardly at home there is a special overlock orA machine for sewing fur products. The hood will have to be sewn over the edge by hand, with a sharp needle. The lining is spent on the machine, bend, and pritachivayut also manually;
- The lining is sewn, then the product is turned out, the edge is processed and the hinges are sewn.
It is not difficult to make a hood even if sewingExperience is not available. To do this, enough to be patient and be careful. The thing will look good if all the seams are handled carefully.