What if, despite the range of clutches offered by the trade, not one model suits you? Sew the desired thing yourself. How to sew a clutch yourself?
Of all types of bags clutches have long become a must-haveFor avid fashionistas and not only. Despite the size of such a handbag, its functionality is simply amazing. You used to carry a large bag with you, where is there anything? Make an exception to the rules and please yourself with a clutch, in which only the most needed things will be stored.
Different brands of mass-markets represent many variants of clutches of unlike models and styles, and all of them are in demand.
Therefore, to really stand out from the crowd, andShow your attitude to fashion, you can sew a bag for a personal unique design. An additional incentive may be the fact that abroad hand-made accessories are very popular, and are a sign of their unique style.
So, what is needed first of all, that allIt happened the first time? If you understand, then to create a product according to its design is not so difficult. Even if there is no creativity, then it does not matter .. You can pick one of the suggested ideas, and implement it for yourself. And on the sites of needlework there are even patterns with step by step instructions.
Before sewing a clutch, collect a small set that will include:
- Material (leather, jeans, guipure, etc.);
- sewing machine;
- Paper, ruler, pencil;
- Decorative elements (buttons, zippers, fasteners, beads, lace, chains, etc.);
All the rest can be added depending on what model you will be doing.
How to sew a clutch of old jeans?
Now it is easy to find ready-made patterns for bags of the clutch type, which involve the manufacture of a new cloth from Old jeans. After all, jeans - a fabric that does not go out of fashion. It turns out that your clutch will always be relevant. If you do not have old and long-worn jeans, ask your girlfriend, she probably has a bored couple.
Most accurately looks like a denim handbag in the form of an envelope, for which you need to prepare:
- Pieces of denim and the one that will go to the interior decoration - 50 cm each;
- Material-stabilizer, which will fix the form of crafts - also 50cm;
- Button or button (at your discretion);
- Scissors, needles;
- Decorative elements (buttons, flowers, etc.)
Instructions how to sew the first ever self-made clutch of old jeans:
- Print and cut out a pattern that you liked;
- Attach it to the fabric from the wrong side. Making allowances in 1,5 - 2cm, transfer the contours of the pattern. As a result, you should get 3 elements: denim, inner fabric and stabilizer;
- Attach the stabilizer from the underside of the jeans, and fasten all the needles;
- Fold the future product so that an envelope with the front of the bag inside is formed. Envelope is easy to do if you look at the bends of the lines indicated on the printout of the pattern. Fix all the seams;
- Make an envelope for the inside. In this case, sew so that the seams are on the wrong side. Attention! Leave a gap of 4-5 cm in the seam of the bottom section of the envelope;
- All iron out;
- Remove the envelope prepared for the inside of the handbag. Put it in an envelope of jeans so that the wrong side is pressed against the face of the inner envelope;
- Fix all with needles and stitch;
- Where you left a gap of 4-5 cm, grab for the jeans and pull out. As a result, the denim fabric should be obtained from the front side the same as the inner finish;
- Carefully from the inside, sew up the gap with a hidden seam.
As a fastener, you can sew a buttonOr set the button. If you want to do some decorating, then think in advance how to implement this technically. Perhaps you will need to decorate your new thing even at the stage when you will attach the stabilizer.
Clutch of fabric is a very popular thing. The assortment of materials from which it can be sewed, simply pleases the eye. And the practicality is that the accessory will be easy to wash with the slightest contamination.
Especially beautiful looks such a handbag, made with the use of two different types of matter.
The main fabric can be denim, velvet, cotton, and the fabric for the twist - guipure, sequins and everything else that will serve as the finishing for the object of needlework.
What will be required:
- Cloth for the main part - piece with dimensions 35 to 50 cm;
- Cut 35 by 15 cm - for finishing;
- Flap 35 by 75 cm - for lining;
- Stabilizer - a piece of 35 to 75 cm.
A master class on how to sew a fabric clutch yourself involves the following actions:
- Attach the fabric to the curl to the main material with the inside sides. Gently sew them;
- Attach the cloth to the curl to the other side of the main matter with the inside sides. They also sew. Now you get the basic part with two spreads;
- Smooth out everything with an iron;
- Now, from the wrong side of what you just sewed, glue the stabilizer with the iron;
- Fold the resulting part with the stabilizer part in two by facing sides inside, and sew;
- Do the same with the inside. It turned out two pockets;
- Press the sides of these pockets on the wrong side;
- Now stick the pockets from the lining fabric into the main pocket with the wrong side to the wrong side;
- Sew around the perimeter of the bent sides;
- In fact, you have a long bag. Fold the upper part with the finishing fabric in advance, and you will get a clutch with a twist.
Not every girl can boast of a clutch ofLeather, and even more so made by own hands. In principle, this is the same option as with a twist, but with less material consumption. The difficulty lies in the fact that you need to carefully pick up sewing needles and scissors so as not to damage either the material or the equipment.
We will need:
- Skin - a cut of 35 to 50 cm;
- Lightning, length of 36 - 38 cm;
- Flap for the lining part with dimensions of 35 to 50 cm.
The sequence of how to sew a clutch of real leather, looks like this:
- Perform a 1.5 cm bend along the perimeter of the skin piece;
- Form a 1.5 cm bend along the perimeter of the cloth flap for the inside. Press it;
- Fold the piece of skin and inner part with the wrong sides inside and fasten with needles;
- Bend the material in half with the inside part outwards to make a pocket;
- Unzip the zipper, and its edges need to be fixed to the burr
Tics of the inside of the pocket. Sew a zipper;
- Stitch the two seams on each side of the pocket. Do not forget that the lining part at this stage should be the face to the outside;
- We turn out the clutch, so that the skin is out and zipper.
If you were lucky enough to plan yourWedding outfit, then the below guide will have to come in handy, although you can always trust to sew a clutch for the upcoming wedding according to your sketch master, and you can do it yourself. And believe me, this handbag will be appreciated, especially if it will be sewn on purpose for a wedding party in the style of vintage or provencal.
Prepare the material:
- Base - flap 20 by 30 cm;
- Lining - a cut of 20 to 30 cm;
- Clasp and glue, which you can buy on any site for needlework.
- Make a bend of 1.5 cm along the perimeter of the base;
- Form a bend of 1.5 cm along the edges of the fabric for the inside. Press it;
- Fold the length of the base and the inner part with the wrong sides inward, and fasten with the needles;
- Bend the material in half with the inside part outwards to make a pocket;
- Sew the sides and sides of the pocket;
- Unfasten the clasp, attach to the sides of the inner part and to the side seams. Glue it;
- When the glue dries, remove the bag so that the base is outside. Close the clasp.
The first and, most importantly, what you need to have when creating a personal clutch is a desire.
A great desire, which generates patience and imagination, and eventually appears if not a stylish masterpiece, it is exactly an object for pride.