It's easy to make a sleeping bag with your own hands, especially if you have an old blanket at home. You can take it with you on a short trip or a trip
Sleeping bag is indispensable for loversTourist trip. To this attribute of the tourist there are special requirements and first of all it should be light, compact and at the same time warm. Today, the market presents a variety of models that can accommodate several people at once and protect the inside of the cold at temperatures up to -70? C.
Of course, such a product will cost considerableMoney, but it is quite possible to make a sleeping bag with your own hands, especially if it is planned to be used only for rest in the forest in a pleasant company, and not for professional ascents.
Types of products
Modern sleeping bags can have a variety of designs, here they are:
- Sleeping-blanket. The simplest model, which has a large volume. It can be stitched from an old blanket, zipped, and taken with you on a short trip;
- Model-cocoon. This model is narrowed downwards, which makes it possible to save space in the backpack and when placing in a tent. If desired, it can be equipped with a hood on tightening and additional insulants;
- overalls. It is no longer a bag, but clothing that allows you to move around and, if necessary, leave the tent space. The only drawback - this model can not be called universal. Requires strict selection by size;
- Combined model. It can be transformed from one sleeping bag into two and vice versa.
The filler for the sleeping bag must beSuch as to keep heat in a layer of non-circulating air. The air inside the product is warmed by the warmth of the human body. And the filler acts as a barrier and does not allow the cold air of the environment to penetrate inside. The denser the bag will fit the human body, the longer the heat will stay inside.
Today, both artificial and natural materials are used as a heater. The first are represented by the synthepon, nitron, holofayber, etc. Natural fluids are fluff of poultry.
The latter is preferable, since it holds betterHeat and has less weight, but synthetic analogues are cheaper and easier to find in the same garment factory or atelier. In any case, they meet the requirements of durability, low hygroscopicity and protection from cold and wind.
If you decide to sew a sleeping bag with yourWith your own hands from the fluff, then to perform the upper backbone it is necessary to use puff-proof material, for example, calendered capron. Details of interior, so to speak, decoration can be made from dense cotton fabric, for example, teak or percale. However, it must be remembered that this does not have the best effect on the weight of the product and its durability.
A liner in a sleeping bag of your ownHands can be made and made of fine cotton fabric. Partitions that form the down sections, to trim with a thin parachute capron. If you plan to deal with a synthetic insulation, then you can use a regular parachute capron.
The sewing process
There is a huge variety of optionsSingle-bed sleeping bags, but at home it's easiest to do a model that consists of two bags inserted into each other. Yes, fabrics for fastening will take a lot, and the bag will turn out to be heavy, but, it is easier to take care of it, dry it, taking one part from the other and you can always use it separately.
To make a bag, you need 8 m of fabric for fastening, the same amount of calendered nylon with a width of 1 m, and for packing about 1 kg of fluff. Nylon threads will also be needed.
If you plan to take a camping trip with youLitter mat from polyurethane foam or foam polyethylene, endowed with high thermal insulation properties, then the bottom of the bag can be made more delicate compared with the top. For cutting kapron fabrics, it is best to use the sharply sharpened sting of an electric soldering iron. In this case, the fabric is preferably placed on a board or plywood sheet.
- Make a pattern of details of the outer and inner covers, based on the parameters of growth and volume of the human breast;
- Make a pattern of the details of the quilting with the allowance in1-2 cm, based on overall dimensions. It must be taken into account that the thin parachute capron is very tight and it will be quite problematic to combine the details with each other;
- To fasten the quilt to the covers so that the seams do not coincide with each other, but are slightly shifted;
- Sew the product on one side, and on the other, fill the compartments with a heater;
- Sew up the product on the other side, and both parts of the outer bag - both upper and lower sewn;
- So do with the upper and lower parts of the inner bag;
- The top part of the sleeping bag can be rounded and along this line you can sew the liner and the outer bag together;
- Perform a line of the top edge of the bag so that you can pull the pulling cord. The last step is to perform this operation.
You can combine with each other two differentInsulation. For example, the top of the product is filled with down, and the bottom is made of holofayber. If you do not want to mess with stuffing, use a blanket on a natural or synthetic basis.
For a small tourist, you can pick up a bright fabric with cartoonish themes.