If you are gardening. you probably are familiar with the problem of pests. An effective way to control pests - Stalker Belt. How to make a belt with your hands?
On any summer cottage sufficiently acutethe question of sabotage. Insects often cause damage to trees by eating their leaves and even fruit. If nothing can be done, the trees may die. Experienced gardeners are well aware that one of the most efficient ways to control insects? Stalker Belt. In this article you will learn how to make a belt with your hands.
Why do I need protection?
Trapping belt protect trees from pests. The trunk is "Transit zone" between the ground and the bark where insects are collected,to wintering and lay eggs. Of course, with the advent of spring, they crawl out of their burrows and rush to the leaves and fruit trees, which mercilessly destroyed.
For this reason, install multiple levels of protection is necessary, otherwise the plant may die.
Unfortunately, belts protect the garden only by creeping insects, flying things are a bit worse. And yet, about 45% of the pests, you can eliminate by staging such an ambush.
How is the belt?
Trapping belt? This wide ribbons, which are made of various materials. They are designed for the collection and elimination of crawling insects that live in trees. This type of protection is mechanical, so it is not dangerous to humans.
In these lures often come across such insects:
- Caterpillar (apple and pear);
- cherry weevil;
Make a trap can be almost any material, but some of the most popular are:
- corrugated paper;
- a film of plastics;
For garden trees trap made up to 25 cm thick. Secure the strip at a distance of 40-50 cm from the ground. As the creeping pests get into "Ambush"Belt brush. If they accumulate too much, remove the tape and burn.
What types of zones?
To date, produced three types of "ambush":
- on the basis of the adhesive;
All types of protection have both strengths andweaknesses. They have in common only one thing? manufacturing simplicity. Before you make a self-catching belt with your hands, it is worth considering each of these species. Then it will be easier to decide on the best option.
Often, this kind of protection is used intandem with other types of traps. Although individually each of them is sufficiently effective. Sticky tricks coping well with ants and caterpillars, which for some reason are rarely caught in other traps.
The process of making a sticky belt is very simple:
- Take a piece of kraft paper. Note that the paper should completely cover the tree trunk. What already
said width of the body should not be less than 20 cm;
- One side promazhte tar, can also be used, and the resin;
- Fasten the belt on the tree, the sticky side should be on top. It is desirable that the paper is very tight against the bark;
- To the ants and caterpillars could not "Seep" under the belt, all the voids clay treat both above and below.
This type of protection for some reason, do not use specialdemand among gardeners, although it is quite effective. Some mistakenly believe that the toxins contained in the trap, somehow can get to the fruit trees. Although it is only superstition.
Fashioned trick is fairly easy:
- As a base it is best to use burlap, whose width should be 25 cm;
- Then be sure to soak the base of insecticide;
- Fasten the belt on the trunk so as to obtain "skirt";
- To poisons are not eroded, the top strips of burlap secure the film;
- Once in this "Torture chamber"Aerobic insects suffocate from toxic fumes.
this embodiment "Ambush" for pests it is environmentally friendly, so gardeners use it more often. In addition, there are many types of dry tricks. Consider the most effective ones.
It has done it very easy:
- Measure the diameter of the trunk at a height of half a meter from the ground;
- According to a certain length, cut from the rubber sheet, whose thickness is approximately 5 mm;
- The ends of the resulting glue strip;
- The resulting "storage tank" pour vegetable oil. .
This zone will need to be changed periodically, as the tree grows and increases the thickness of the trunk.
This type of trap is more commonly used as a supplement to other traps. Insects, which managed to overcome the different levels of protection in such an ambush caught with almost 100% probability.
The manufacturing process:
- Cut a strip of a width of 30 cm;
- Wrap a strip of tree trunk, while visually divide it into three equal areas;
- Inside, where the paper "Contacts" with wood, enclosure, apply all available passages. To do this, use clay.
Such devices are preferred embodiments of the pitfalls that growers used more often. This type of "Trap" its name is not only because of the design of forms, but also due to the "magnetic " Push-Pull pests into an ambush.
Made it is also very simple:
- Take a piece of cardboard the width of 25 cm and fix it on the tree (height no more
half a meter from the ground);
- As a result, you will design, in appearance resembling a cone. The upper part of the winding must be very fit snugly to the bark of a tree, but between the bottom of the barrel and should form a gap;
- To fix the trap well, wrap the upper part of the structure with twine;
- All available passages carefully promazhte clay;
- As a result, you get the funnel.
"Killing" tape used to protect fruit trees and other garden located in suburban areas.
Despite the simplicity of the design, they are very effectively fight pests.
That is why such tricks have become popular among gardeners.
Setting the trapping zone, with time you will not only reduce the number of insects that plague the trees, but also to completely eliminate some of their species.