How to darn woolen socks? There is a certain type of darning, which allows you to apply a completely inconspicuous patch - one that will repeat the work of the wizard
With the development of technical process woolenSocks tied together by the hands of a beloved grandmother, already seem to be a relic of the past, but no one is going to give up this warm product that can warm even in severe colds. They are worn at home by both adults and children and, as usual, with the passage of time the sole of such improvised shoes is wiped. Do not rush to throw it into the trash: you can breathe a second life into socks, especially since the upper part of the product is fully preserved.
How to darn woolen socks
Those who used the usual thread for this,Noticed that the repair with their help did not significantly prolong the life of the product: in just a few days of constant socks the holes again appeared in the same places.
In addition, if you pull the edges too tightly,Then you will get a dense, palpable, noticeable on walking, which will constantly make itself felt. That's why it is so important to learn how to darn socks so that they do not interfere with movement, and the product retains its aesthetic and consumer properties.
Stages of work:
- To learn how to properly darn woolenSocks, you must first arm yourself with an instrument, without which this process will not be possible. It is a yarn of the appropriate color and quality, a gypsy needle or one with a wide eyelet, scissors and darning egg or fungus. If there is no last one, do not be upset - you can always find in the house something suitable, for example, a rolling pin or a light bulb;
- Push the mushroom inside the sock so that you getAccess to the hole and start by cutting all the irregularities and protruding threads. Inserting the needle into the needle, proceed to create the basis for the patch. To do this, you need to alternately pass the needle in a loop through one at a distance of about 1 cm from the edge of the hole. After passing around the perimeter, fix the thread;
- Now you need to stretch through the entire width of the holeGuide yarn from yarn. The number of rows depends on the width of the hole, but in general it is necessary to observe a distance of 3-4 mm between them. Try to tighten the edges of the hole a little;
- Finish in the lower right corner andContinue the path, aiming for the upper right corner of the created darning area. Thread the needle through the horizontal lines of the yarn and make a stitch above the undamaged loop;
- Now you will work with these guidesThreads: moving horizontally, pass the yarn thread through the tensioned row and further under the first vertical row closest to you. Go back, pass the needle through the last loop and get it to go under the working thread;
- When creating a loop, moving from top to bottom,It is necessary to remove the needle under the next guide line. Moving along the vertical column, go to the bottom of the square and perform 3 stitches-loops, taking whole loops away from the edge of the hole;
- Again thread the needle through the guide lines in theSide of the top of the square. Now proceed to the next stitch of the square, acting with the second column. Guided by this principle, patch the entire surface of the damaged area on the product;
- As a result, you will get such a darn, which will not allow you to even admit the idea that there was a hole before.
Now you know how to darn woolen socks by hand and always be able to extend the life of your beloved and dear to the heart of the product.
Experienced users advise us to use semisynthetic threads to get the lacquer so they last longer and less to wipe.