Decoupage of a cardboard box will help to get an original accessory, completely different from ready-made boxes and boxes. It is possible that this kind of needlework will become a favorite hobby
It is not necessary to buy cute containers for storing small things. You can and yourself turn an absolutely unnecessary thing into an elegant casket, using the technique of decoupage.
How to transform a box from under shoes
A simple shoe box can be transformed into a work of art, with a little skill and imagination.
The following materials will be required for the job:
- cardboard box;
- PVA glue;
- Colored paper;
- wax paper.
For beginner needlewomen they advise taking a boxEven rectangular shape. Having completed only a few original accessories, you can start mastering more complex techniques, making decoupage boxes from under the shoes, decorated with protrusions. At the time of use, a fairly thick paper is used, not necessarily colored paper. Excellent for packaging paper packaging with a variety of prints or designs.
The sequence of works is as follows:
- A rectangle of the right size is cut from a thick sheet of paper and glued with PVC glued to the lid. The dimensions of the rectangle can be arbitrary;
- From the paper of contrasting colors, cut out evenStrips and glue them with the lid of the box along the perimeter. Strips can go to the other side or connect at an angle of 45 ° C. If you use curly scissors, decoupage of a cardboard box from beginners will look especially interesting;
- Boka pasted in strips, trying not to leaveGaps. It is advisable to use a wider cut so that you can tuck the edge of the paper inward. In the same way, the bottom of the box and its internal space are treated;
- It remains to decorate the rectangles of paper,Placed on the lid from the outer, as well as the inside. You can perform a flat applique, cutting out funny animals from colorful paper. You can decorate the surface with paper or fabric flowers, a pattern of rhinestones, create an artistic painting;
- Decoupage is very beautiful cardboardBoxes, if you use corrugated napkins. However, this is a very delicate material, which easily breaks with gluing. Therefore, in the absence of proper experience, it is recommended to glue only a piece of cardboard with napkins.
Cardboard and paper are fragile materials thatTime easily fade and become dirty. Therefore decoupage boxes should be fixed. In most cases, the surface of the improvised accessory is covered with varnish or PVA glue. However, these compositions also have disadvantages. Lacquer can give yellowness, muffling saturated colors, and PVA glue is also short-lived.
When using the adhesive surface to processYou need at least 3 layers, each time waiting for the glue to dry completely. You can buy a special adhesive for decoupage, which is guaranteed not to spoil the color scheme and for a long time will preserve the appearance of the product.
When sticking paper, do not use a largeVolume of glue, as the paper will soak and deform. Having mastered a master class using paper, you can proceed to a more complex stage and try to decorate the box with colorful fabrics.
Decoupage of a wooden box
After decoupling cardboard Paper boxes And napkins, you can use the receivedSkills in the design of a wooden box. Such a product, often, plays the role of a box designed to store wine or original packaging for a valuable gift.
To accomplish the decoupage of a wooden box for wine, the following materials will be required:
- Acrylic primer;
- acrylic lacquer;
- Adhesive for decoupage;
- acrylic paints;
- Liquid wax PLAID;
- A napkin with a suitable image;
If a wooden product is presentAny fittings, it must first be removed. I must say, the master class of decoupage of a cardboard box is much easier than the design of a wooden box. It will take patience to get a good result.
We carry out the work in the following sequence:
- The wooden surface is carefully sanded using sandpaper;
- The prepared surface is covered with acrylic primer, using a foam sponge or brush. After the primer has completely dried, it is cleaned with a fine-grained emery cloth, carefully leveling the layer;
- Napkin with the selected pattern or yourselfThe executed drawing stick on the top part of a cover with glue for decoupage. The rest of the surface is painted over with acrylic paints. When the paint dries, again gently sand the surface;
- Liquid wax PLAID is applied to the foam sponge and tinted surface, focusing on the ends. Use of wax will help slightly "To grow old"Accessory, giving it a pronounced aristocracy. Dry wax is also recommended to be treated with sandpaper;
- Using prepared stencils, on a woodenDrawers or drawings are attached. At the final stage, the accessory is covered with a spray of paint with a toothbrush and fastened with the necessary fittings.
Now it remains to cover the surface with 2-3 layers of acrylic lacquer. The inner part of the box is best treated with stain.
How to make a plastic container
Buying, for example, ice cream in plasticContainer, do not throw away the container. You can make a decoupage of a plastic box, having received a beautiful package for coffee beans, tea leaves, jewelry or sweets.
The technique of decoupage is simple in this case and only such materials will be required for work:
- Transparent glue «Moment";
- coffee beans;
- acrylic paints;
- PVA glue;
Before starting work, the plastic container must be rinsed, degreased and dried and act according to the following plan:
- The surface of the container is primed with PVA glue. Side parts after the glue dries are painted with acrylic paints;
- On the surface of the lid paste a piece of napkin with a suitable pattern. The remaining space of the cover and the rim are painted in contrasting colors;
- Coffee beans are glued along the rim of the box, filing their edges for better grip. The container is varnished.
Using general recommendations, eachThe master will be able to choose a technique that he likes. Adding a little imagination, anyone who wants to turn a simple box into a refined accessory, complementing the design of the apartment.