-Easy To pass an interview successfully, if you know a few rules. The basic rules and tips on successfully passing the interview, you will find in this article.
Are you satisfied with its first job or you want to change jobs in the nexttime, you will be very useful to thoroughly prepare for the interview, if you need to achieve success in this business. An interview with a potential employer it is very stressful, even if you are a professional in the business, it has not yet happened interview you will still cover itself and the excitement there any kind of "what if ...". After all, anything can go wrong.
Preparing for the interview
Employer may not like your appearanceor a manner of speaking, an employer can ask you questions that you did not expect to hear, can lead you to a dead end certain issues. It can happen anything, but your task is thus to leave a good impression and make a simple interview turned into a successful job interview. How to do it? How to pass the interview?
You change jobs, then you had some reason to look for a new location.
- Try to advance to answer on your headquestion: "Why did I change jobs?". The employer is required to take an interest in this, and to answer this question and you will be required to answer sincerely, but without going into details.
- Consider also the possible questions that you can ask the interviewer.
- Try to advance to learn more about the company, which is large enough, and its activities.
- Find out where the office and think through in advancethe route and the time you get to the office, to arrive on time. If you are going to be late, be sure to call and warn about it. See also: How to learn to not be late?
- Bring along all the necessary documents. If you have a recommendation from last place of work, and be sure to grab them. Do not forget to take a copy of your resume in 2 copies.
- Be truthful, do not fib. Lying is very easy to expose, and it does not leave a very positive impression about you.
How to dress for an interview?
Everyone knows the adage that on clothesmeet, so it is very important to prepare for the interview to choose the right things in your wardrobe before you go to your interview success.
How to comply? Of course, what you dress should correspond to the post that you are going to take. Think about what you will wear, if you take a job, and how will to behave on the first working day. If the company in which you want to apply,adopted a dress code should be dressed in accordance with it. It is understood that the bank employee and the art director of the nightclub dress quite differently, and you would be better to dress appropriately or as close as possible the future of the corporate culture of your workplace. This will allow you to look for an employer to "the guy."
If your financial situation does not allowyou look the way you want to - it's not a reason to be upset. Make your clothes look modest and neat. It certainly like employer. But splurge on an expensive suit is not worth it. From a conversation with your employer, and so understand your financial situation, your social status, education level, and in a suit that you can not afford, you'll look ridiculous.
Pay attention to your shoes. But the shoe should be given special attention. That shoe interviewers make far-reaching conclusions and assumptions about the candidate.
Important stuff. A lot of talk about the details of the candidate. Long hair in men the impression of intelligence and tendency to mental work. A short haircut is suggestive of the passion for sports. Man wearing glasses creates an impression of his intelligence, hard work, reliability. In the business world widely used impact points, many wear glasses without diopters, as with conventional lenses.
Pay attention to your hands. At interview candidates often come asMen and women wearing rings. If the candidate is an expensive ring - it speaks of his arrogant desire to surpass others. If the fingers of the candidate of cheap rings, it speaks of his vanity, and limited finances. Both the first and second negative impact on the opinion about the candidate, so in the business world, there is a rule that made wearing a wedding ring.
How to behave at the interview?
Half of your success will depend on howyou know how to apply themselves. Psychologists have found that no matter how long the conversation lasted, positive or negative opinion about the candidate is formed for three or four minutes. After this time the interviewer asks questions either "on filling" if a candidate has not formed a good opinion or asks questions that help the candidate to open up all its best sides. This underlines the importance of first impressions.
Most of the information the interviewer do not give yourwords, and your pronunciation, your gestures, your manners. The manner of behavior specialist is very easy to determine how you live, that you're a person, you adapted to life.
On the advice of a psychologist Eleri Sampson, you can check your own body language, answering the questions below:
- How do you use your smile?
- You sit up straight or slouch?
- Do you have eye contact with someone?
- Do you use your hands in a conversation?
- As you enter the room?
- You have a strong handshake and the business?
- Far or close you are to those people you are talking to?
- Did you touch the person with whom you say?
Answered? Now, check out a list of positive and negative signals that affect the impression of you.
- Fidgeting in his chair
- Look not to the speaker, and in the floor, ceiling or somewhere else, but not to the person with whom say.
- Turns away from his interlocutor and avoid meeting views.
- All kinds of closed posture, crossed hands, the hands of "the castle", abandoned foot to foot.
- Using closed threatening gestures, you can swing your finger, defending their views.
- Sit with indifferent views, nag or maliciously grin.
- Sit up straight, slightly leaning forward, listening with the participation and interest.
- During the call, calmly and confidently looking at the speaker.
- You make a mark on the paper during a call.
- When listening to your body is in the open position, hands on the table, his hands outstretched.
- Hands are in the open position. Hands raised up like you thought explains to his colleagues.
- Smiling and joking.
How to correctly tell us about yourself during the interview. What should we say, and what better to remain silent.
The right words. In conversation with the employer to producegood impression, it is important to use verbs. Try to use the words of the perfect appearance. Use such words as fulfilled, developed, designed, created, did. Try to avoid vague verbs like working, responsible, involved, in the use of these verbs you give an idea of the functions carried out by you, but does not provide information about your achievements.
Locus of control. Interviewers with a good psychological preparationbe sure to check your locus of control. The locus of control is internal and external. It is easy to check the questions like: "How do you plan your work? By what criteria do you evaluate their work? "The man with the internal locus of control will often use a g pronoun" I "and the verb" to do. " He will talk about his achievements, about how he had planned everything, what to pay attention to how to control it. A man with an external locus of control will speak about external influences, pointing to the dependence on external factors, for example, the impact of weather or depending on how customers deliver the goods.
A person with an internal locus of control is good inas a leader. It is easy to assume responsibility, sets tasks and executes them. A man with an external locus of control is good as a performer, he can not work for a long time in conditions of instability, but it can be a good analyst, expert. Naturally, the man with an external locus of control to the control position will not take, because it requires quick decisions and decisive action. So depending on what position you are applying adjust their speech, corresponding to an internal or external locus.
Where to look? Health, look his interlocutor in the eye. This will give the impression of confidence. In conversation, try to mention the name of your contact. It makes a favorable impression.
What words should be avoided? Try to avoid words like "okay," "wow""I know the problems." They create not a very good impression of you. People who know foreign languages, usually do not use these words in a speech. So you can impress the bad language and low level of culture.
The story about yourself at the interview - answer inconvenient questions
In addition to fundamental questions about yourprevious work and life goals and plans you can meet with questions like: "What did you do last night," With these questions the interviewer wants to know about your lifestyle.
Workarounds. Interviewers, who know perfectly well that youhave prepared answers to the major questions can go a roundabout way, and ask questions like, "What was changed in your previous job, you stay there?" So they want to find out the true cause of your care.
Your strengths and weaknesses. If you will ask about your merits,try to talk about those that relate to your work. If they ask about the shortcomings, call those that are an extension of your virtues. For example, when you run the project, if you feel that you can not catch him in time to pass, then stay at work for an hour or two to do more.
If you are asked about the former failure, please tell us about situations of which you have learned.
Do not forget to take to the interview in a good mood and always adjust themselves to the fact that you will have a successful job interview.