A rise in temperature is a bad sign. Pathological causes of fever after delivery. Elevated temperature as a natural phenomenon
Even successfully completed labor can not be protectedFrom the development of complications. To prevent such, a woman with a child is left in the hospital for several days, because at this time the body is very weak. During and after birth, about 8 liters of fluid is lost: this includes amniotic fluid, and standard blood loss, as well as body evaporation and rapid breathing.
The change in the balance is reflected in the state of absolutely all organs and systems, in the first place - excretory and cardiovascular.
An increase in body temperature after childbirth is an alarming sign
Being supervised by midwives, the newly madeThe mother every morning looks around. Doctors determine the speed of contraction of the uterus, the condition of the mammary glands, the nature of the discharge. Stitches, if any, are processed once a day in the treatment room. In conclusion, the body temperature is measured.
Temperature is an important indicator. Using it, you can determine a person's condition, including the process Recovery of the mother after childbirth. Almost in all cases when complications occur, the thermometer mark rises above the norm.
This is often the first indicatorA sign of a developing complication. The nature of the rise, the numbers and the time of its appearance allow specialists to establish and then eliminate the cause of its occurrence.
Causes of high fever after delivery
Primarily provocateurs complicationsAre microbes, which are the causative agents of septic diseases. Infection usually penetrates through the wound surfaces (cracks, tears, cuts) that were formed during the delivery, or trauma to the nipples. Sometimes septic pathology is the result of exacerbation, which previously existed in the sexual ways of inflammation.
In some cases, this is an inflammatory process inVessels of the pelvis and lower limbs. Complications, depending on the scale, are divided into local, i.e. Limited to one area or body, and generalized - covering the entire body.
A number of local (local) complications include such pathologies as metroendometritis, postpartum ulcers, salpingoophoritis, parametritis, mastitis, pelveoperitonitis and thrombophlebitis.
Symptoms of these diseases include fever and other characteristic signs of inflammation:
- Metroendometritis is an inflammation of the uterine mucosa. Pathology occurs with the accumulation of discharge after delivery, clotting of the cervix with a clot, delay of the placenta / membrane, infection from the vagina, exacerbation of the obsolete disease. After childbirth in this case, the temperature keeps to 38-39, it occurs after 3-4 days, accompanied by chills, loss of appetite, sleep disturbance. Uterus ceases to contract, pain occurs when palpation. Allocation becomes turbid, fetid, their quantity increases or decreases. The condition is stopped by antibiotics, vitamins, preparations for uterine contraction. If necessary, wash the uterine cavity;
- A postpartum ulceration occurs in the wound area,Which arose as a result of childbirth. Usually, ulcers are formed when the infection enters the fracture, the rupture. The temperature 37-38 after delivery occurs after 2 weeks. A woman is worried about fever, burning and pain in the genital area. In the affected area, purulent deposits are formed, and the surrounding tissues become reddish and swollen. The course of treatment includes antibiotics, bed rest and wound-healing drugs;
- Parametritis - inflammation of fatty tissue aroundThe uterus. Pathology often occurs only on one side, but there are cases of bilateral damage. Infection in this case penetrates through tears of the cervix and the walls of the vagina. The temperature is often high - about 40 degrees, usually occurs 10-12 days after delivery. There is a chill that is accompanied by abdominal pain, a violation and painfulness during defecation and urination. On the inflamed place, ulcers can form. Treatment, as in the case of metroendometritis, is carried out in a hospital and consists of conservative therapy. When an abscess is formed, an autopsy is performed;
- Mastitis is the most common pathology -Inflammation of the breast. It is provoked by microbes that get through the cracks on the nipples, with blood or lymph flow from other foci of infection. If the temperature rose abruptly to 39 to 39 and above, and also shivering, then it is possible to suspect it is mastitis. Other symptoms: chest pain, malaise, headaches. Usually, the mammary glands become swollen, the skin turns red, the outflow of milk is disturbed. At a decantation there can be insignificant admixtures of pus. When these conditions appear, adequate medical attention is needed. Usually treatment is conservative (antibiotic therapy), but in severe cases (with purulent mastitis) resort to surgical intervention;
- Pelvoeperitonitis - inflammation of the abdominal wall inSmall pelvis. The temperature rises after 2 weeks or a month after birth and reaches a level of 42 degrees. Simultaneously there is a strong chill, a sharp pain in the area of the uterus, nausea / vomiting. The patient is very ill. If you suspect a pathology, urgently need to call emergency care and hospitalize the patient in a medical facility to provide the necessary assistance. The course of treatment includes: strict bed rest, vitamins, antibiotics, immunostimulating medications;
- Thrombophlebitis - inflammation of the veins with subsequentThe formation of blood clots in them (thrombi), which narrow the lumen of blood vessels, hindering blood flow. Thrombophlebitis of the uterus provokes metroendometritis. The disease can spread to the pelvis and legs. Much less often it develops against a background of chronic form. The parameters of the thermometer increase after 2 weeks - a month after delivery, accompanied by a chill and can hold the same time. The affected vessel is palpable and painful, reddened. If there is a clogged thrombus, then the leg swells. The disease requires treatment in the department of vascular surgery, where a woman must undergo anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant therapy;
- Lactostasis is another pathology affectingThe mammary gland is characterized by the stagnation of milk in them. Usually the reasons for the violation are quite typical - skipping one or several feedings. Also, the disease can occur due to uneven strain, blockage of the milk ducts (one or several), hypothermia, overheating. The degree of the thermometer does not exceed 39. A woman can complain of pain and a feeling of bursting in the lobule of the breast. On the general condition, this violation, as a rule, does not affect. Symptoms disappear right after complete emptying of the breast, that is, it is very important not to stop the baby's natural feeding and apply it on demand. If you do not take action, then lactostasis develops into mastitis.
After giving birth, the fever has risen - is it inflammation?
It should be noted that the increase in indicatorsThermometer does not always indicate the presence of the disease. Thermoregulation changes with stress, hormonal bursts, allergies, blood transfusion and its substitutes, overheating, etc. The birth of a child is no exception. In the early days, this phenomenon occurs even without obvious reasons.
The temperature after birth can vary from 35Up to 37 degrees. This fluctuation is caused by increased hormonal activity at the time of the birth of the baby. There is a muscular tremor resembling a chill. As a result, the thermoregulation process is temporarily disrupted.
Dangerous is the state of postpartum depression, which can be accompanied by a violation of heat exchange.
If after the delivery of high fever (up to 38), then, perhaps, it indicates the onset of lactation. As a rule, this process is associated with high hormonal activity.
At first, as a result of the weakening of the body, allergies to certain drugs, food, and smells may occur. Quite often, such phenomena are accompanied by a violation of thermoregulation.
Newly mum needs to monitor their condition and at the first symptoms of inflammation immediately go to a specialist to identify the causes and foci of the disease.