What are postpartum sutures? How to care for external seams than to process them? What should and can not be done for women with postnatal seams?
After giving birth, many women are stitched: on a gang of uterus, a vagina or a perineum. Depending on the location of the seams, they are divided into external and internal.
If there was a cervical rupture or a disruptionThe integrity of the walls of the vagina, then the seams applied to the affected areas are called internal. They are imposed after some time after delivery, when the doctor conducts an examination of the genital organs.
In this case, the need for anesthesiaIs absent, since the uterus at this time is absolutely insensitive. However, stitching the walls of the vagina requires the use of a local anesthetic drug. In both cases, bobbin threads are used, the feature of which is that there is no need to remove them.
External seams are superimposed on the perineum. They must be applied in the event that the birth of a perineal rupture or it was necessary to cut it artificially. If the situation is critical and doctors see that there is a gap, they prefer to make a cut.
The edges of the wound in this case turn out to be even, therefore, it will heal much faster. The application takes place under local anesthesia.
Stitch tears or sections of the perineum with twoMethods: standard threads, requiring removal after 5 days, or bioresorbable. Sometimes doctors use cosmetic sutures, which have come to gynecology from the sphere of plastic surgery. This method consists in subcutaneous passage of the filament, therefore only the beginning and the end of the seam are visible.
Seam care after delivery - which is strictly prohibited
In the maternity ward midwives are engaged in external seams. Twice a day they treat them with a solution of potassium permanganate or zelenok. When I give the woman I give birth, treatment should continue at home, on my own, after each washing and taking a shower.
Internal seams do not need any special care provided that the woman does not have infectious diseases. Usually this issue is solved before pregnancy.
You need to be extremely careful with emptyingIntestine, you can not strain connective tissue. The best option is to put an enema or a glycerin candle when you need to. After visiting the toilet, you have to wash yourself.
You can also use any hygiene (foam, gel, soap), but only twice a day (usually in the morning and in the evening). Procedures are best performed under the shower, rather than taking a bath.
Hygienic pads should be changed every 2Hours, even if they can still serve. A good alternative to gaskets are disposable panties, which are made from a special breathable material.
If there are none, then underwearIt is better to take from cotton fabrics. Do not use pulling linens, tk. It interferes with normal blood flow and, consequently, wound healing. Also, you can not wear underwear right after the shower!
In addition, you can not rub the seam with a towel. It is necessary to lightly soak it or wait until it dries out on its own.
Air baths are useful not only for newborns, but for moms who have received breaks during childbirth.
It is strictly forbidden to sit for at least 10 days. After this time, if the wounds are well tightened, you are allowed to sit on hard surfaces. It is recommended to rest lying down or reclining. It is also forbidden to make sudden movements. These measures are necessary to ensure that the seam does not break.
A woman who has breaks is examined by a doctordaily. If the healing process proceeds normally, no abnormalities are found, then the standard treatment procedure is applied: potassium permanganate, zelenok or peroxide. When there are deviations from the norm, they act according to the situation.
Outer seam after childbirth broke: what to do
In case the wound is still in the process of healing, butSeams for any reason dispersed, they are applied repeatedly. When the gap has healed, but only a few stitches have parted, the doctor can leave everything as is (if there is no threat to health).
When all stitches are divergent, the wound is dissected and sewn again. If this situation arises at home, it is urgent to call an ambulance and transport the woman to the hospital.
What to do if the seams are writhing
If a pathology is found, for example, suppuration or inflammation of the joints, the doctor takes additional measures for processing. Hygienic procedures in this case are supplemented with tampons with ointments.
For this purpose,Inflammation and suppuration, for example, Levomikol, Ointment Vishnevsky and similar to them. If a woman has found uncharacteristic discharge from the vagina, she should immediately consult a doctor.
How many sutures heal after birth
This issue is of interest to absolutely all women who have received breaks. It is very difficult to answer, because there are several factors that affect wound tightening.
It is also worth noting that different materials are used for suturing, which also affect the healing process:
- Self-absorbable (threads can be made from both synthetic and natural materials). The wound itself is delayed to about 2 weeks, and the threads will dissolve only after a month;
- Non-absorbable. The threads need to be removed after 5-6 days. This can be done both in the hospital and in the women's consultation, if the young mother is already discharged. Stitches after childbirth will heal for at least 2 weeks;
- Metal braces, which are also eliminated with the help of a doctor;
- The speed of healing also depends on the entry of pathogens into the wound.
Painful sensations in the seam area
Pain will be present in any case, evenIf self-absorbing sutures were applied immediately after birth. This applies to both external and internal gaps. Normally, the disappearance of pain approximately 2-3 days after stitching is considered. However, discomfort will last much longer, especially if you want to sit down before the allowed time.
If discomfort occurs only inSitting position, and they are not strong (you can tolerate) - this is normal phenomenon. However, the presence of discomfort in the recumbent or standing position is a sign of the inflammatory process. Such pain can not be tolerated and it is necessary to contact a specialist.
Than to process seams after sorts it is already known, but what can be used from means of intimate hygiene?
- Gel or soap for washing should be goodClean the skin, but do not irritate it and do not cause allergic reactions. It is used and baby soap, as well as antibacterial, but the latter do not use for more than 10 days. It is better to give preference to previously proven drugs that were used before pregnancy;
- It is also necessary to clarify the features of the gaskets. They should be nocturnal or "maxi", since lochia (discharge) in the early days are very abundant. Now there are also special pads for use specially in the postpartum period with excellent absorbency. In the first day it is recommended to use small pieces of tissue. So a doctor or midwife will be able to monitor the amount of discharge, because too abundant evidence of postpartum hemorrhage, and their absence - about clogging the cervical canal with a blood clot;
- At home washing is recommendedFinish with a solution of potassium permanganate (slightly pink) or ready solutions of furacilin, chlorhexidine or octenidecept, which are usually given out in the postpartum department;
- Treatment of joints obtained after delivery is possibleInfusions and decoctions of medicinal herbs, for example, chamomile and calendula, which have a good antiseptic effect (1 tbsp raw material per 200 ml of liquid);
- It is not recommended to take baths, visit swimming pools, swim in water. It is necessary to avoid hypothermia;
- Do not use tampons instead of gaskets;
- Do not syringe without doctor's advice.
It must be recalled that every woman in labor after 10-14 days after discharge should visit a gynecologist. This is done even if the mother does not bother.
Compliance with these rules is guaranteed to reduce the risk of infection by pathogens, in addition, the seams will heal faster, and discomfort will be minimized.