How to recognize a child's bronchitis, some types of bronchitis are how to recognize them and what complications can be a cause for bronchitis
Bronchitis - is a serious inflammation,hitting the bronchial mucosa. Children's respiratory almost not adapted to the aggressive influence of the environment, in contrast to adult respiratory apparatus.
That is why children, especially the smallest,are at risk under the influence of different factors in their environment. Even SARS, which we, as a rule, do not pay attention, can cause the children serious consequences in the form of bronchitis.
Risk factors also include cigarette smokehome or other premises where there kid, chemicals and evaporation (washing, cleaning, disinfection, paints and solvents), as well as chemical flavor enhancers and other food supplements.
The main symptoms of bronchitis in the body in children:
- Runny nose;
- The general deterioration of health, weakness and lethargy;
- Cough and a significant rise in temperature(Often occur simultaneously). Cough at the beginning of the disease, "barking" dry and unproductive, and later develops a heavy wet cough with abundance of phlegm;
- Swelling (due to infection), and shortness of breath;
- Wheezing and whistling while inhaling.
How to understand a child's bronchitis or not
The best diagnostic option - it isimmediate access to a doctor. The presence of cough, wheezing and gurgling sounds when breathing and fever - all symptoms of inflammation.
Delaying treatment can result in adequateof a complication such as pneumonia, pleurisy, development of purulent processes, etc. And less frightening picture, when the child is coughing hysterically, and at the same time experiencing chest pain - this is also a reason to suspect bronchitis.
The disease may be acute or chronicshape. Acute process usually caused by infection transferred recently, which has led to an inflammation of the bronchi. This also occurs after bronchitis lung disease infectious agents, which occurs when the penetration into the respiratory system of foreign bodies.
It may be vomit, food, beads and other small objects that a child could put in the mouth or nose and inhaled.
They eliminate, as a rule, surgery orProduct Recovery and infection, making them the body remains warm and moist environment of the respiratory system is developing rapidly. Also causes acute inflammation can be: the inhalation of hazardous chemical vapors (petrol, smoke from burning rubber, paint), allergic irritation of the bronchi (air fresheners and fragrances in vehicles uncontrolled inhalation of herbs, aromatic plants sudden evaporation of substances in hot weather etc )..
Chronic process occurs when a child is treated without medical intervention and adequate examination.
Nedolechennaya infection recurs, ie, re-developing in the bronchi. As a result of chronic bronchitis may develop into pneumonia.
That is why it is important to recognize the disease in a timely manner and not to delay the treatment under medical supervision.
It is also important not to abandon antibiotics thatnowadays often occurs among young mothers who believe these drugs are dangerous to the health of the baby, but do not realize the risk of infection, which develops in a small body.
This species differs significant edema,which causes contraction of the bronchi. The result is stagnation of phlegm, shortness of its evacuation (cough), which seriously complicates the process of breathing in a child.
Symptoms that suggest the development of obstructive bronchitis in children:
- Whistling and wheezing sounds that are audible to the naked ear, while breathing;
- Tachycardia (rapid heart rate);
- General weakness and fast physical fatigue;
- Decrease or loss of appetite;
Symptoms of allergic bronchitis occur inchildren after exposure to the allergen. The reaction to allergens causes inflammation of the mucous membrane. The danger of allergic bronchitis type is that chronic inflammation leads to obstruction and then development of asthma.
This pathology occurs mainly among children.
Symptoms of an allergic type of bronchitis in children are:
- Cough attacks with typical "barking" sound;
- Dry wheezing;
- Associated pathology (laryngitis, diathesis);
- Regular sharpening in a particular environment (in contact with irritants) and of disease remission upon removing allergens.
Bronchitis with asthmatic component - this is the same infectious process of the lower respiratory tract, allergic reactions complicated by excessive production of mucus, edema, spasm of the bronchi.
Unlike asthmatic bronchitis asthma,is that when it usually does not occur attacks of breathlessness. Nevertheless, this pathology is considered as asthmatic readiness of the organism. Most often this type of disease occurs in children, in a family where there is a tendency to allergies.
The symptoms of asthmatic bronchitis in young children:
- Frequent relapses of the disease;
- Bouts of coughing, which provoked physical labor, laughter or tears;
- The presence of precursors, such as nasal congestion, sore throat, malaise;
- The body temperature can rise;
- Cough dry, but can be changed to wet during the day;
- Bouts of coughing accompanied by shortness of breath, noisy and sibilant sounds on the exhale, as well as a strong shortness of breath;
- At the end of the cough sputum departs attack, after which the patient's condition improves;
- Bouts of coughing terminated with the elimination of the allergen (change of residence, diet, time of year);
- The acute period can last up to three to four weeks;
- Except bronchitis child has other allergic diseases.
You, as parents just need to know about the manifestations of bronchitis, otherwise you just Exposure of your child real danger.
Any treatment of bronchitis in children appoint a doctor who will determine the course of the disease and, depending on the age, pick up medications.
This can be treated with antibiotics, antivirals ordesensitizing agents (depending on the cause of the inflammatory process). Only your doctor will decide whether the child needs mucolytics as well as their uncontrolled intake can harm your child's health.
Also, diuretics can be assignedto eliminate edema, special preparations for the removal of spasm in the bronchi and medicines that improve the immune system, the body can successfully fight the infection.
Bronchitis in any of its manifestations, sinceobstructive and ending with an asthmatic, it requires a complete cure. So do not rely on "maybe", and to send the child a week in kindergarten or school.
"Healthy" Wait for diagnosis. In any case, doctors entrust the process of treatment, do not risk the life and health of your children.