The feces of the child can tell a great deal about the health of the crumbs. Observing the color and smell of "surprise" can be found the beginning of the development of the disease. What does the sour smell mean?
The stool of an infant is a kind ofThe indicator of his health in general. That is why mothers and grandmothers carefully study the contents of each spoiled diaper, looking for anxious symptoms there or calming down in their absence.
By how often a newbornThere is an evacuation of the intestine, what are the appearance of the feces on the color, smell and consistency, and with what ease they stand out, it is possible to draw conclusions about the correct work of the stomach and intestine of the crumbs, to understand whether the feeding of the lactating mother and the baby is right, is the microflora of the digestive system Whole.
What does the normal feces of a small child look like?
Before telling about any violationsStool, whether it is a sour and unusual smell of feces in the baby or greenish foamy discharge, observed in a more adult child, you need to understand which chair is the norm.
Immediately after birth, the baby begins to defecate in a dark green and viscous mass, which is called meconium - the original feces.
Over the next 3-4 days of lifeThe digestive and intestinal tract of the baby adapts to the new conditions of activity, so on the diaper you can see non-uniform feces with mucous and greenish inclusions, practically odorless and very easy to wash.
Such metamorphosis does not require medicalInterference, since without it the color and consistency of feces will return to normal, but its further characteristics will completely depend on the diet of the nursing mother or the type of complementary foods.
The infant defecates as many times asIs applied to the breast or bottle, but it lasts only up to one year. Then the baby begins to empty the intestines a couple of times a day, his feces become dense and dark brown.
Common causes of stool changes
Each metamorphosis, occurring with the calves of an infant, should become the motive for addressing a pediatrician.
Changes in bowel movements can be triggered:
- Inclusion of unusual products in lure;
- Catarrhal diseases;
- Course of antibiotic use;
- The ingress of bacteria, which usually penetrate along with raw water, poor-quality dairy products or puree from insufficiently pure fruit;
- Conditionally pathogenic microscopic organisms, which is more important for children with weak protective functions of the body.
What problems can you face?
If the child has a sour suspiciousSmell of stool or other deviations from the norm, do not postpone the visit to the pediatrician. This phenomenon may well be an indirect or direct indication of the health problems of the heir.
So, what can be the chair of the child:
- De-colored. The feces of the infant and adult become yellow or brown due to specific bile pigments formed from bile acids entering the gastric lumen. If the feces become colorless, this means that the child may have a congenital abnormal structure of the gallbladder or spasms of the sphincters of those ducts that produce bile;
- Too bright feces in children and adultsSignals a completely reverse health problem, when too many bile acids are ingested into the intestinal lumen, which are the source of the formation of bile pigments. The cause of this phenomenon is hemolytic anemia, which is the result of the incompatibility of blood groups and the Rh factor factors of the child and mother;
- Green feces with a sour smell is an indispensable symptom of inflammation occurring in the intestine, or a significant disturbance of its microflora as a result of severe dysbiosis;
- Black chair becomes a signal for immediateMedical intervention, because it is the result of gastrointestinal bleeding. Blood comes from either the small intestine or directly from the stomach. Hemoglobin, which is the result of the decay of red blood cells, passes through the entire intestine and heals the feces black. A child or an adult begins to feel lethargic and weak, demonstrates a complete refusal to eat. It is worth knowing that black feces may well be the result of the use of iron-containing drugs, the reception of which will need to be reported to the doctor;
- The sour smell of watery and foamy feces in an adult or in a child is a consequence of lactose insufficiency;
- A clean but liquid stool that lacks a sour smell means that the baby has an intestinal infection of bacterial or viral etiology;
- In the middle of the first week of the earthly life of the baby,He can be observed stool, leaving a watery spot around him. At this stage, a similar phenomenon is considered normal, whereas a similar event that occurred at a later age should cause a visit to the pediatrician;
- Dense feces that are left on the diaperOily stain, mean that the child's health is not in order, and his pancreas can not cope with the production of the lipase enzyme, which is responsible for the processing of fats. As a result, the feces come out with undigested fats, becoming thick and oily;
- If the smell of stool does not cause any anxiety,But there are whitish lumps in it, so the intestine of the child is not able to fully digest the food. When this is observed infrequently, it is enough simply to revise the diet of the baby, change the mixture if it is artificial and exclude overeating.
Summing up everything that was said above, one can doConclusion: when a newborn has a sour smell of feces, secretions lose their usual consistency or color, you need immediate advice from a pediatrician. Otherwise, negligence can lead to serious health problems.