Can baby teeth hurt? Why do they hurt? How to cope with the pain of popular methods. Removal of milk teeth
Toothache often worries not only adults but also children. Many parents ask the dentists: "Can they hurt In the baby baby teeth?". Of course they can. Also it is necessary to concern seriously to this phenomenon, after all painful sensations arise only at the started illness when germs have put out strong damages.
Problems can be congenital. This happens if the mother was ill in the first trimester of pregnancy and this affected the rudiments of the teeth.
However, they appear even after birth. The thing is that the milk teeth have a special structure, therefore are prone to lesions and are vulnerable to caries. In one tooth, there may even appear not one, but several holes at once, and microbes will hit neighboring ones.
Tooth Diseases of Toddlers
Babies are most often found to have pulpitis andPeriodontitis, complicated by a cyst. It is worth noting that the greatest problems are caused by the sixth molars. These are the first molars, erupting in 5-7 years. They have deep cracks in the layer of enamel (fissures), where bacteria develop well.
If the milk tooth hurts, the child may lose appetite, the bite may change, the sleep becomes restless, and the baby itself - moody.
In this case, it is better to immediately seek help from a doctor, but if you can not do it right away, try to remove the soreness of folk remedies and pharmaceuticals:
- Rinse with warm sage or soda infusion. It is necessary not only to rinse the mouth, but also to hold the liquid in your mouth until it cools. This procedure is performed for 15-30 minutes, several times changing the broth;
- Painkillers. The most harmless are special children's preparations, for example, nurofen;
- If there is a large carious cavity, then it is necessary to remove the remains of food from it. This should be done with a toothpick and very carefully. Then rinse your mouth with warm water or a decoction;
- In the carious cavity you can put a cotton wool soaked in novocaine;
- Also lay aspirin (a small piece). It should be closed with a cotton ball, so as not to burn the mucous membrane;
- Propolis. Used in case the child is not allergic to it. Will cease Ache, If you lay a small piece of the product in a carious cavity;
- Lard. The slice is laid approximately for 20 minutes between the cheek and the gum.
There are many more options to remove toothacheFolk remedies, but they are not recommended for children. In addition, it is worth considering that many products can cause allergies in babies, because their body is not very strong yet.
Milky Teeth: Complexity of Care
There is a myth that sweet destroys enamel, thenThere is the development of bacteria. However, this is not entirely true. In limited quantities, cakes, chocolates, cookies with jam and other sweets can be eaten, but children usually consume too many such products, or they chew them for a long time (caramels, chewing gums). The oral cavity is then constantly filled with sugar, and microbes develop very well in it.
Hygiene is also an important factor. Children do not really like to brush their teeth, and do not even use threads and rinses. In addition, they still do not use a brush, so they do not clean out the interdental space.
Adults may themselves notice the first symptomsDevelopment of caries - increased sensitivity and darkening of enamel. But in children, caries develops painlessly and very quickly. In just 2-3 weeks, the denticle can be seriously affected.
Pain sensations occur at a late stageDiseases - pulpitis or periodontitis. Also often the kid can not explain where and what hurts. In addition, it is necessary to take into account even the smaller ones, who can not tell their state at all, because they do not yet know how to speak.
Therefore it is recommended:
- Periodic inspection. Darkening of the surface of the enamel, significant accumulation of plaque, unnatural color of the gums is an occasion to consult a doctor;
- If the baby refuses his favorite dishes, chews on one side, clings to the cheek, you need to find out the reason, maybe he has a dairy toothache;
- Regular care of the oral cavity. To make this process pleasant and the most exciting, you can get a bright toothbrush and a "delicious" paste (special, children's, usually sweet and pleasantly smell). The brush should be changed every three months;
- Gnashing also is a sign of the development of the disease;
- Prophylactic examinations at the dentist. The first visit should be given to the doctor within six months after the appearance of the first milk tooth. Usually a further schedule of visits is made by a doctor. But even healthy children should appear at the doctor at least 3 times a year;
- Refer only to a qualified technician. It is important that the doctor was not only good in his profession, but also was able to correctly approach the baby, because a positive attitude to the dentist is still useful in the future;
- In prophylactic purposes in the dental office can offer professional cleaning, fluorine coating, sealing fissures, etc .;
- Identify the accumulation of plaque the doctor can with the help of a special coloring composition. Then you can clearly see how the child looks after his mouth.
To delete or not?
At the age of about 3 years begin to resolveRoots of teeth. They stagger and then fall out. This changes the milk bite to permanent. The replacement process is natural and basically proceeds without intervention. Dairy helps to constantly break through and fit in your mouth correctly, stimulate the growth of the jawbone.
What happens if you tear out a baby tooth from a baby?
Premature loss of dairy is consideredThe case, if before the growth of the new should take more than a year. Then the remaining teeth tend to take the place of the remote, and this is fraught with a chaotic eruption of permanent teeth and an incorrect bite that will require complex treatment with an orthodontist.
Another nuance is the reduction in the development of the jaw. That is why dentists now resort to removal very rarely and only for a number of specific indications.
Does it hurt the baby to remove the milk tooth?
This is usually a rather painful procedure. Removal from the doctor is often accompanied by pain. That is why now clinics use anesthesia (both local and general).
Indications for removal:
- Complex form of caries. Strong defeat and obvious danger to the rudiment of a permanent;
- High mobility. Staggers, but does not drop out on his own. At the same time the child can not eat, it hurts. Such circumstances also contribute to inflammation of the gums;
- Injury of the tooth, in particular longitudinal fracture or fissure;
- Destruction of the milk root. Under it is a rudiment of a constant, so you need to reduce the risk of infection;
- Delay delay. He prevents penetrating the root, which can affect the correct formation of the jaw;
- Inflammatory processes (phlegmon, periodontitis, etc.).
How painless is it to pull a child's tooth, including milk?
The first method is general anesthesia. Usually it is applied to children at the age of 2 years. Indications for him are: mental and nervous diseases of the patient, complex inflammatory processes that require potent drugs.
The second method is the application anesthesia- The gum is treated with a gel / spray with a pleasant taste. It is often used to remove injured and not very teeth, as well as strongly loosened. In addition, such manipulation is performed before the injection of a stronger pain medication, so that the small patient does not feel the needle entering the gum.
Third - injection anesthesia. Before her spend applique. This method allows deeper manipulation of the gums and teeth.
The milk teeth need the same care, as forConstant. They play an important role in the formation of the jaw and the right bite. And the affected become a source of infection. If the parents suspected something is wrong, then you need to contact the dentist, because both medical and folk remedies against toothache can not cure the disease.
Do not delay the visit to the doctor, because the pain with the milk teeth - a sign of neglected disease.