What is the child's nervous tic? Symptoms of children's nervous tic and treatment. Causes of nervous tic. What should parents do to help your child with a nervous tic
Tic child as an adult, has similar symptoms, though it has different causes, and therefore the treatment.
Wikipedia defines a nervous tic, how fastmovements which are carried out on brain erroneous command. In children, it is manifested in the form of involuntary twitching of facial muscles and eyes, blinking, startle the whole body. But the final diagnosis after inspection can deliver only neurologist.
The main age at which the disease canappear especially bright, it falls from two and up to ten years. Especially in times of crisis is 3 years and 7-11 years. Tic occurs in every fifth child in this age range and more often in boys than in girls.
Most susceptible to this disease, children withthin mental organization, prone to hysteria. The emergence of tick carries a decreased concentration and memory, restlessness, nervous disorders, bad mood, depression, etc.
Fortunately, ninety percent of the cases, if thea problem arises in a period of 6 to 8 years old, he goes through as they grow older. If the tick has appeared in the age of two, it is likely that his appearance - is a symptom of a more serious disease.
Sometimes it tick control, and depending on the time of day and the mood he can and does pass.
Symptoms of children's nervous tic
- Motor - expressed in involuntary jerking his whole body or its parts, the muscles of the face, uncontrolled blinking;
- Vocal - expressed in coughing, sniff, repeat the last word or gesture that is called "Tourette's syndrome".
The causes of a nervous tic in children
- The factor of heredity. Usually a nervous tick prone kids whose parents themselves suffered as a child from this disease. Sometimes the problem is more pronounced than that of the parents, and it is found at an earlier age.
- Insecurity. If the child does not feel secure in the family or team - in the kindergarten or school, it is quite possible, his condition will result in the development of teak. Also, if it unduly pressured parents make excessive demands on its estimates and achievements in sports or studies, the body can also respond to a nervous tic, or a person's eyes.
- The disease or fear. If there is a bad heredity in terms of teak, and there was a family atmosphere of nervous tension, then the disease can provoke what you want stressful situation.
- Medical reasons. Some symptoms of brain disease manifested in the form of winks and twitching. It provokes the problem and the lack of trace elements such as magnesium.
Treatment of nervous tics a child
Treatment of the disease occurs in a complex always under the supervision of a neurologist.
And parents to help the child find peace of mind should follow some of the recommendations:
- listen to the views of a son or daughter, often ask what he was thinking, interested in his affairs;
- Strangely enough, but the kids like regularity and predictability, it is important to establish and follow a certain daily routine: go to sleep at the same time, to eat, to walk - it calms;
- Conduct a mini-investigation. What do you think causes a nervous tick on the child's face? And try to avoid everything that can provoke it;
- Often it happens that the situation provokes the development of a tick, so if the family is not well, it's worth going to a family therapist;
- Children of middle and senior school age will be assisted by visiting group sessions of psychological therapy;
- Increase tactile contact with the child: hug him more and kiss, talk more often about your love and how you need it;
- Spend more time together, do what you like both, let it be walks or drawing or riding a bicycle, it does not matter, the main thing is to get sincere emotions from it;
- Do not focus the child's attention on his difficulties;
- It is worth using relaxing techniques such as massage, aromatherapy, soothing teas, baths with aromatic additives, physiotherapy procedures.
However, there are cases, and this also needs to beMorally ready, that the usual ways do not help, and will have to resort to medical treatment. Organize a qualified examination, consult a good doctor.
In such cases it is not necessary to panic especially, it is necessaryBelieve in the best and remember that your nervous state may well play a bad joke and be passed on to the baby. Therefore, as Carlson said, calmness, only tranquility, - you will succeed.