Why should molluscum contagiosum in children be removed? After all, in most cases, there is no concern for children in these formations
Pediatricians, after finding small pimples on the body of the child on examination, tell the parents the name of the disease - molluscum contagiosum. In many cases, they hear: "It can not be! We did not go to sea! "
Molluscs found on the body of a child do not appear when introducing sea organisms into the skin during bathing. This is a viral disease.
What is this disease?
The molluscum contagiosum in children and adults isBenign newborns on the skin. The virus that is implanted in the skin in this disease is structurally similar to the smallpox virus. It affects little children, since they have not yet developed enough immunity, and adults with low immunity.
The disease is very contagious. It is spread through particles of liquid in the papules.
Infection can be carried out as follows:
- With direct contact;
- Through household items, which used the infected;
- In adults during intercourse.
The virus can persist for a long time in household dust. In total there are 4 types of the virus - MCV-1,2,3,4. In the diagnosis, the first two are usually recorded.
Causes and Symptoms
The reasons for the appearance of mollusks are very different. It can be a disregard for the rules of personal hygiene, and infection in the sauna and sauna, and the consequences of unfavorable ecology.
Children are at great risk of catching this disease because they are closely communicating in the team, do not know how to properly monitor themselves. The incubation period of the disease lasts from 2 weeks to a year.
Symptoms of the disease:
- A rash appears on the skin, in most casesIt does not cause any concern for the infected. In rare cases - accompanied by itching. It looks like dense nodules of corporal color, each of which has a slight depression at the top. If a pressure is applied to the bundle, a thick white mass of a mushy consistency appears;
- Molluscs in children can be found on any part of the body, except for the feet and palms. Most often neoplasms are localized on the skin of the neck, arms and in the region of the axillary hollows.
Even if the disease is not treated, it can pass by itself without leaving any traces on the skin.
The question arises, but why engage in a disease that goes by itself?
Children violate careless movements orCombs, integrity of neoplasms. This activates the virus, it spreads over the entire surface of the skin, forms colonies of large papules and spots - their diameter can reach up to 7 cm - and such formations already cause inconvenience.
A combed papule is an open gate forThe introduction of a fungal or bacterial infection. On the child's body appear ulcers that suppurate, itch, cause the baby anxiety, can give an impetus to the general purulent-inflammatory process.
It is quite easy to diagnose molluscum contagiosum - it is enough for a doctor to assess the clinical picture. As already mentioned: a characteristic sign is the allocation of a dense white content from the papule.
To avoid errors from the infected surface, scraping is taken.
If a molluscum contagiosum is found in a child and treatment is required, then conservative therapy is rarely used. It is considered expedient to remove neoplasms.
But still in some cases, resort to therapy with medicines. Conservative treatment is quite long - up to 16 weeks, requires adult patience.
Every day, the skin of the baby is washed with warm water and soap, and then massages the curative agents of external action, ointments and creams:
Clothing is ironed from 2 sides, daily bed linen is changed, carefully treating it.
Removal of shellfish by surgery in children is carried out by the following methods:
- With the help of a curette - a special spoon. Papules are opened, the contents are removed, the place of implantation is treated with antiseptic: iodine, chlorhexidine, etc. If the localization area is large, sometimes the removal is performed under local anesthesia;
- The removal is done by a laser. The disinfection of the wound is carried out simultaneously by a beam - this is one of the most modern and safe methods;
- Electroagulation - removal is carried out by cauterization with the help of an electric current;
- The molluscum contagiosum is burned with liquid nitrogen.
Simultaneously with therapeutic or surgical methods are prescribed drugs that increase the overall immunity: immunocorrectors or immunomodulators, vitamins.
But even complex treatment does not guarantee thatThe virus will not enter the body more. The disease can recur when the immunity falls, in the case of seasonal colds or infectious inflammatory processes.
Folk remedies for the treatment of molluscs
Regardless of what causes the appearance of molluscs in children, you can try to get rid of papules on the skin with the help of folk recipes. Traditional medicine has a large assortment of medicines.
Only in the case of children it is necessary to take into account: Toddlers often pull their hands in their mouths, and some self-made preparations can act unfavorably when introduced into food organs - induce indigestion.
- One of the effective means of killing mollusks -garlic. Rashes are lubricated every 5 hours for a month. Do not forget - the gruel of garlic causes burning. For children, garlic mash is mixed with butter in equal proportions;
- Within a month, you can destroy papules if they are lubricated with alcoholic tincture of eucalyptus or calendula 3 times a day;
- Helps cure the disease of the broth string. It is prepared as follows: 3 tablespoons herbal collection pour 400 ml of water, then give a boil. The broth is infused for 1.5 hours, filtered, cooled. Treat all affected surfaces. A method is used for multiple rashes;
- In summer, papules are lubricated with fresh celandine juice;
- Remove the inflammation after removing the clam will help the juice of bird cherry, squeezed out of its fresh leaves. Stored juice in a cold place in a closed form, only then it does not lose its healing qualities for a long time;
- For 2 weeks you can get rid of the disease with the help of the following prescription.
In equal proportions take fees:
- Pine buds;
- Birch buds;
- Calendula flowers;
- Eucalyptus leaves;
- Year of juniper;
- Herb yarrow.
Brew a tablespoon of a glass of boiling water, insist about 2 hours, filter. Drinking tincture and lubricating the papules takes 2 weeks. But how will this remedy work on tender children's stomachs?
Parents should determine how to treatContagious molluscs in children, based on the condition of their child and after the advice of a doctor. In some cases, one-time removal of rashes will be more appropriate than multi-day therapeutic interventions that cause babies anxiety.