Why goiter affects newborns and infants. Symptoms of the disease. How to identify the disorder. Treatment of dysbiosis in newborns
Dysbiosis - a violation of a healthy microfloraintestine. One of the principal dangers of this condition is that it does not have the characteristic symptoms, therefore it is necessary to diagnose the problem in time and start treatment.
It is particularly important to eliminate or avoid altogether dysbiosis a newborn baby. In most cases, the disease occurs in infants due to late initiation of breastfeeding.
Mother's milk normalizes the balance of bacteria,components of the intestinal microflora. We can say that it is a natural remedy. It is proved that the violation of children under one year most often occurs because of a rare breastfeeding. The risk group includes those who are bottle-fed.
How and why is manifested dysbiosis in newborns
All babies are born with a sterile gut. Fetus in the womb receives maternal antibodies and the important genetic information that form immunity. Immediately after birth the intestine populated harmful and beneficial bacteria. First contact with those carried out directly during the labor process.
Passing through the birth mother's ways, the child getsfrom her lactic acid bacteria. First breastfeeding is also an important factor that allows in most cases to avoid dysbiosis newborns.
Already on the second day of life the baby is formedbifidoflora defined in the intestine, which allows him to not get sick. On the seventh day after the birth of a healthy child's intestine is 99% populated by bifidobacteria. In this case the risk is virtually zero dysbacteriosis.
On the development of the disease affects the artificial / mixed feeding, selection of unsuitable food, nutrient mixture change.
These factors greatly increase the risk ofdisease development, since the level of beneficial lactobacilli and bifidobacteria is significantly reduced, thus increasing the number of harmful microorganisms. At this point, the disease develops, as the number of pathogenic organisms increases.
Another factor which can causedysbiosis in newborns is antibiotics. Violation of bacterial balance will be accompanied by severe enough unpleasant symptoms.
Antibiotic therapy even for adultsIt has a strong effect, causing stress, and it is always very dangerous for small children. Antibiotic treatment should always be accompanied by preventive measures to restore normal bowel condition, otherwise formed flora can be completely destroyed.
The risk of the disease depends on the latitudespectrum of action of the drug. In addition, the antibiotic may lead to a breach if it takes a nursing mother. Then the drug is absorbed into the breast milk, adversely affecting the child's body.
Symptoms and signs of dysbiosis in newborns
The clinical picture of the disease is not specific. The danger of the violations seen in the fact that there are no symptoms characteristic of this disease.
Symptoms are often indirect, so parentsyoung children should be attentive to suspicious and dangerous signals, so that in case of need to pass a stool sample for the presence of dysbiosis and start treatment.
The main symptoms that may be indicative of an imbalance of intestinal flora:
- Pain in the stomach. Bloating, cramps, pressing, arching pain - symptoms of digestive problems. If the swelling and soreness are observed continuously, the likelihood that the baby goiter is very high;
- Violation of the chair. It can manifest itself in difficulty of defecation, diarrhea, constipation, the stool may be present in the undigested food particles;
- Mucous stool consistency, they are unpleasant smell, have a custom color. The stools are often watery or greenish;
- Frequent vomiting after feeding. Sometimes there is vomiting or increased flatulence;
- It changes the overall psychophysiological statebaby. Usually, children are becoming more restless, moody, bad sleep. In the second stage of the disease lost appetite. In this case, a pipsqueak refuses food, cries often, there is a loss in weight. Significantly deteriorating condition of the skin, nails and hair;
- Milk or formula for artificial feeding poorly digested. In this case, the feces visible particles of undigested food, mucus, sometimes blood;
- Very often in children with balance disordersintestinal flora manifested atopic dermatitis (or diathesis). Quite often, the disease is caused by a premature termination of breastfeeding. On the skin there is irritation, rash and other allergic reactions. It is assumed that the child can react to outside the usual food.
How to diagnose pathology?
It should again be noted that in itselfDysbacteriosis is not a disease. This condition is more likely a concomitant disorder, which, however, has a very negative effect on children's health and the normal development of the baby. Nonspecific symptoms do not always indicate problems with the intestines, in some cases it is a sign of completely different problems in the body.
If symptoms persist long enough and do notDisappear even with normal feeding, it is worth to pass the test for dysbiosis. Only a biochemical study will reveal a violation in infants, because its signs are too uncharacteristic to use for diagnosis other methods and do without a laboratory examination.
Under the conditions of the laboratory, the composition of the feces of the infants is studied for the relation of the pathogenic and useful flora.
What can be treated for dysbacteriosis in newborns?
What should parents do? First of all, you need to visit a doctor. The fact is that the digestive and enzymatic systems of the child's body are not yet fully formed and it is possible to spoil them very quickly with improperly selected medications. Only pediatrician pediatrician can prescribe bacterial medicines intended for normalization of intestinal microflora.
Very often, modern parents preferIndependently treat children with drugs based on bifido- and lactobacilli, but this can only aggravate the situation. Treatment should begin with the definition of the cause of dysbiosis, and not with the elimination of symptoms.
It is worth remembering that this violation is secondary to the causative factors that cause it. Eliminating the cause, you get rid of the problem!
In some cases, children areStaphylococcal or fungal dysbiosis. Then the treatment means taking drugs designed to eliminate these infections. Do not forget about restorative therapy aimed at improving immunity.
Features of treatment
The course of therapy is complex and long enough.
Parents of the baby should have patience and be sure to adhere to the instructions for taking medications:
- At the first stage, the quantity orCompletely get rid of pathogenic microorganisms, using specific bacteriophages and intestinal antiseptics. In severe disease, as well as in the absence of results of sparing treatment, antibiotics are prescribed;
- In combination with antimicrobial therapy, sorbents are used that have an astringent effect and remove unnecessary bacteria located in the lumen of the intestine;
- Enzyme preparations are prescribed to facilitate digestion and absorption of food;
- After they have got rid of harmful bacteria, representatives of normal microflora - lacto- and bifidobacteria, which are given to the child for 2-3 weeks;
- Then about 10-14 days the child should take the drugs, "Feeding»Normal microflora;
- After this, bifido- andLactobacillus for another 2-3 weeks. In some cases, the process of colonization of the intestines with beneficial bacteria is very slow, then the course of taking the drugs must be repeated.
Treatment and prevention of dysbacteriosisNewborns should include adjusting the ration of the nursing mother. To the baby received the necessary nutrients with breast milk, the diet of the mother should be enriched with vitamins. Feed as long as possible to crumbs.
Even partial feeding of breast milk will serve as a guarantee of support and proper formation of normal intestinal microflora in the newborn and infants.