How long does the bleeding after delivery? Secretions in the hospital - that stitat norm? Discharge after discharge from the hospital. How to prevent complications
After the birth of the child for a few weeks of the female genital tract are allocated lochia. Their amount is gradually reduced, indicating that the healing of wounds after placenta.
Many women are interested in the question: How long is normal bleeding after previous births? This is a very important factor, since it can be determined by the degree of recovery of the body and the deviation from the norm. Over time lochia changing its composition and color. At first, the woman is in the hospital, but later discharged home.
If in the beginning of her medical condition monitoringstaff, in the future it must do so on their own. The number and nature of the discharge indicates the state of health, so you need to notice the deviation from the norm.
How is bleeding after vaginal delivery?
For over 2 hours of women and newbornsIt is located in the maternity unit. At this time, the normal allocation is enough abundant and bloody, but the total amount should not exceed 400 ml. To prevent complications such as bleeding may withdraw urine through the catheter, put on ice stomach, intravenous drugs to enter the acceleration uterus.
These hours are the most dangerous,because the uterine muscles relaxed and abbreviations may not occur, and the beginning of blood loss does not show weakness in addition to dizziness. So the appearance of these symptoms and fast getting wet sheets / diapers need to urgently call a nurse.
Complications can occur when tissue tearsbirth canal, so the obstetrician inspects the vagina and cervix, and in violation of their integrity to take the necessary measures, that is, take in the wound. If the gap is not completely stitched, hematoma can be formed, which in the future re-opened and made stitching.
Secretions in the postpartum ward
The recovery process is going well, ifthe first 2-3 days are lochia blood character and quite abundant (up to 300 mL for 3 days). At this time, the gasket should be filled completely in just 1-2 hours.
Lochia blood clots may have postpartumrotten smell, similar to menstrual. Gradually, their number decreases, and they acquire a brown-red color, aggravated by movement. They also appear in the abdominal palpation.
To prevent bleeding, you need to follow certain rules:
- Visit the toilet immediately when the urge to urinate. On the first day to visit the restroom should be at least every 3 hours. Crowded mochevik impedes the process of reduction;
- Put your baby to the breast for the first of hisrequirement. The fact that the nipple stimulation of oxytocin release occurs - the hormone responsible for contraction. Blood, departing after birth, can be amplified and accompanied by cramping pains in the abdomen during breastfeeding;
- Sleep and rest, lying on his stomach. This posture promotes the release of blood clots. The uterus may deviate posteriorly, but the situation on the stomach will bring it to the abdominal wall. Thus, the outflow will improve;
- Several times a day putting ice on his stomach, which will improve the condition of blood vessels and accelerate the reduction.
When distension of the uterus and birth complications prescribe injections of oxytocin to stimulate contractions.
It is worth noting that the increase in the number ofdischarge should be a cause for treatment to the doctor because it may indicate a delayed bleeding. This phenomenon can not only catch the first few days, but a few weeks after birth. So even at home you need to pay attention to how much liquid is released.
Later bleeding, usually caused byjammed a part of the placenta. Sometimes it is not diagnosed immediately after birth, then it leads to complications, which can be detected by vaginal examination or ultrasound. If the diagnosis is confirmed, the remains were removed under general anesthesia. At the same time carry out the infusion and antibiotic therapy.
Sometimes this phenomenon occurs when there is a clotting disorder that can be caused by various diseases. Stop such blood loss is most difficult.
The most common complications are due toInsufficient reduction of the muscles of the uterus. Bleeding after childbirth in this case is also painless, but very abundant. For its stopping, injecting agents, and also compensating for blood loss by intravenous injection of liquid or blood products. If necessary, resort to surgery.
Early termination of lousy is also a causeFor a visit to a doctor. Probably, there is a lochiometer - accumulation of secretions in the uterine cavity. This pathology occurs when the organ is overextended or its bend is posterior.
If you do not correct this condition in time,Endometritis is an inflammation of the uterine mucosa, because lochia are a good breeding ground for microbes. Treatment mainly consists of taking Oxytocin and No-shpa.
Allocation of the house
So how many after the birth? The average time is 6-8 weeks. It is this period that the uterus needs for the reverse development after pregnancy and delivery. The total number of lochies ranges from 500 to 1500 ml.
In the first week they can be compared with ordinaryMenstruation, only more abundant and with clots. With each following day their volume will decrease, and the color will approach yellowish-white. By the end of 4 weeks they are very meager, you can tell the smears, and after 14 days should be the same as before pregnancy.
Those who breastfeed, they endEarlier, since the uterus decreases much more rapidly. But in women who have had a cesarean section, recovery is slower, because the suture interferes with the normal reverse process, and the blood goes on longer than usual.
How to prevent complications?
It is important to follow special rules for personalHygiene while the postpartum period lasts. In the lochia there is a microbial flora, which under favorable conditions can contribute to the development of the inflammatory process. That is why it is necessary that the discharge does not linger in the uterus and leave it.
For their own comfort they use gasketsOr special disposable panties. Change them every 3 hours. It is advisable to give preference to the soft surface of these remedies, because it is possible to better determine the nature of the secretions. Do not take flavored, they often have allergic reactions. Also you can not use tampons.
You need to wash yourself after every trip to the toilet. You can not take a bath, just a shower. The genitals are washed only from the outside, in the front to the back direction. At this time, douching is not used to prevent infection.
Stronger it covers with significant physical exertion, so it is not recommended to lift too heavy things.
It is necessary to seek medical help in such situations:
- The lochia acquired a purulent character, a sharp and unpleasant odor. These phenomena indicate an endometrium. It is usually accompanied by fever and pain in the lower abdomen;
- Blood discharge increased afterBegan to decrease or their volume is constantly large. These conditions can indicate that the uterus is still the latter, which prevents the body from contracting and restoring it;
- Curd from your vagina areA sign of the yeast colpitis, which is popularly called thrush. Usually this disease is characterized by itching in the vagina and labia. Sometimes there is redness of the skin in the groin. The risk of developing thrush with antibiotics is significantly increased;
- The blood stopped abruptly. This happens when the cervix is blocked by a blood clot. This condition requires medical intervention. It is worth noting that the risk increases after a cesarean section;
- If you have to change several pads in an hour, then this indicates a severe bleeding. In this situation, you need to call emergency help.
Independently the above complications do not pass. Sometimes treatment in a hospital is required. Therefore, it is very important to seek help from specialists in time.