As worms are transmitted? What are the symptoms and signs of helminthic invasion? What treatments are most effective worming? Preventive measures in the fight against worms
Worms, or helminths, are parasites,which if it enters the human body, fed at his expense, can secrete toxins and damaging internal organs and tissues (liver, lungs, gastrointestinal tract, brain, muscles her eyes).
The most common types of worms arepinworms (Enterobiasis) and roundworm (ascariasis). To a large extent exposed to infestation by these parasites grudnichki and preschool children. This can be explained by the fact that they have not developed the skills of hygiene and body's defense system is not yet sufficiently works well.
The presence of worms in a child has a negative impact on his health. It interferes with the absorption of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and intoxication adversely affects the nervous system, organs and tissues.
Signs and symptoms of the presence of worms in the child:
- Skin rashes;
- Frequent headache, dizziness;
- stool disorders (constipation, diarrhea, bloating, flatulence);
- Restless sleep;
- Severe swelling of the feet;
- Swollen lymph nodes;
- Intermittent itching in the anus;
- Allergic reactions (atopic dermatitis, asthma, allergic children during the passage of Ascaris through the lungs;
- Abdominal pain, passing on their own;
- constant tiredness;
- Bitterness in the mouth;
- Pain in the muscles without exercise;
- Low temperatures without cold symptoms;
- Yellowness mucous and skin;
- Enuresis (in girls);
- Gritting his teeth in his sleep;
- Decreased or increased appetite;
- Weight loss.
What preparations from worms is best for children?
The most effective way is the one thatIt has the highest activity to the identification of helminths. First, you need to see a specialist - parasitology. He will give a direction on analyzes and on the basis of the data obtained will determine what kind of parasite in the body. Only after that the doctor will prescribe medication that will effectively act on the identified helminths.
It is worth mentioning that it is absolutely all medicalanthelmintic drugs have a pronounced toxic effect, so they can be used only on a doctor's appointment and in any case not to self.
Now doctors are popular amongthe following substances: mebendazole (Worm, Vermoxum), piperazine (most toxic), Pyrantel (Nemotsid, Gelmintoks) Albendazole (Worm, Nemozol), Levamisole (Dekaris).
Prevention of intestinal worms in children
Now common preventive methodsanthelmintic drugs. Many doctors advise giving children twice a year, any remedy for worms. This is due to the imperfection of modern diagnostics - from 10 daily scrapings handed 9 may be negative 1 positive.
Also taken into account and the ease of transmissioninfection among children, and the lack of hygiene habits. Most of it comes pre-school children attending kindergartens. But most of the specialists in this field of medicine is strictly against such preventive measures as they consider that the installation be treated without an accurate diagnosis of toxic drugs properly, and to some extent they are right.
If a child does not complain, he was not sick, he did notpale and has a healthy complexion, the anus is not itch, and he eats well, adding weight, you should not once again expose it to the toxic effects of anthelmintic drugs.
But if the above symptoms are observed andsuspected enterobiosis high, even the negative result of the analysis is an occasion to give a medicine for preventing - or rather, to treat, because the worms are likely to be present.
How to withdraw the worm from the child?
First you need to visit a doctor who will send for examinations.
Analyzes should be conducted for two reasons:
- Symptoms of the presence of parasites can be harbingers of a completely different disease;
- The analysis will determine the exact form of the helminth and select the most effective preparation.
To make a diagnosis, you must pass severalAnalyzes of feces. One-time delivery can show a negative result, even if the worm is. You can also take a blood test to identify antibodies to helminths.
Based on the results of these activities, the doctor will accurately determine the necessary treatment, because incorrectly selected measures to combat parasites can only exacerbate the situation and worsen the state of the child.
How to treat the worms found in children?
Based on the diagnosis and degree of infection, the child may be prescribed antihelminthic drugs and biologically active complexes.
Treatment mainly consists of several stages:
- Preparation of the body. Usually it consists of the use of vegetable oils (linseed, pumpkin) or such means as Allahol, Enterosgel. These drugs bind the toxic substances formed during the life of the worms, and prevent them from spreading further through the body;
- Use of anthelmintic agents (both pharmacy and vegetable);
- Reception of funds that restore the work of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, lungs and other affected organs and tissues.
Types of anthelminthic drugs
All means for fighting worms are divided into three groups: intensifying intestinal peristalsis, destroying parasites, laxatives, removing dead helminths.
The most commonly used remedy for worms for children is a suspension, for example, Vormil, Pirantel, Helmintox. They are the safest and can be used from the age of six months.
Also very popular is the syrup "Helmonet" based on herbs (thyme, prunes, fennel, etc.). He is prescribed to children from 3 years.
Doctors can prescribe drugs in tablets, for example, pyrantel, aldazole, medamin for older children.
One-time administration of drugs, as a rule, is not enough. It can kill adults, but not eggs. That's why 14 days after the first reception the event is repeated.
Signs and symptoms of the presence of helminths in treatmentdont need. They will pass by themselves soon after the parasites are destroyed and the toxic products of their vital activity are released from the body. Sometimes use of praomoxin, lidocaine, zinc oxide to reduce anal itching, but only on the advice of a doctor.
- Observe the rules of personal hygiene for all family members. Try not to allow close contact of the child and his belongings with animals;
- To watch the hands of the baby. Wash them before each meal;
- Clean food. Wash vegetables and fruits, do not put clean food on the table, because flies could crawl on it;
- Cut the child's nails as often as possible, because under them can be eggs of worms;
- To conduct prophylaxis of worms in domestic animals;
- Daily clean the toilet;
- Change bed linen every 3-4 days;
- Wash hands after each visit to the toilet.
To avoid helminthic infestation it is necessary to observeThe above recommendations, but since it is quite difficult to follow a small child, in case of infection, one should never start treatment on their own.
Always it is necessary to address to the expert, after all as it was already mentioned, anthelmintic agents are toxic, and can do much harm at wrong application.