Congenital heart disease in newborns is serious, but, unfortunately, a frequent ailment. How to recognize this disease, and what measures can be taken
Congenital heart disease in newborns or CHD -These are anatomical defects observed in the most important organ of the body, vascular connections, valve apparatus and other departments. To date, there are many varieties of heart disease that develops even inside the mother's womb.
What provokes the appearance of the disease
The causes of heart disease observed in newborns may be as follows:
- The mother of the child had previously made abortions, had experienced miscarriages, the birth of a dead baby or delivery before the due date, in general, pregnancy is related to her with strong negative experiences;
- Causes of UPU may be concealed in infections that penetrated the pregnant woman's body at the very first stages of gestation, when the child's vessels and the heart are placed and formed;
- Presence of a pregnant woman with health problems, the overcoming of which requires the admission of serious drugs;
- Because congenital heart diseases haveHereditary nature, the risk of their occurrence in each subsequent child increases in the event that one of his blood relatives already has a similar problem.
As medical practice shows, heart diseaseIn newborns is usually laid on the 3rd-8th week of their intrauterine existence, when the embryo begins to form the heart and vascular connections that serve it.
If the future childbirth has suffered the diseaseVirus character in the first trimester of gestation, then the risk of obtaining an heir with a CHD increases several times. The most insidious in this regard are the viruses of herpes and rubella, although its negative effect may have hormones, analgesics and other "Heavy"Of medicines.
How can you identify the disease?
Usually the first signs of pathology are recognized already in the maternity ward, although with a lubricated pathology the baby can even be sent home.
It is there that vigilant parents can themselves mark the following signs of congenital heart disease in newborns:
- The kid barely sucks his chest;
- Frequently he regurgitates;
- The child's frequency increases with which the heart muscle contraction is reduced to 150 beats per minute;
- On the nasolabial triangle, arms and legs appears blue, more known as cyanosis;
- Symptoms of heart disease, usually observed in newborns. Gradually begin to develop into a respiratory and cardiac shortage, in which there is a meager increase in weight, swelling and shortness of breath;
- The baby gets tired very quickly;
- The child throws his chest to rest, and above his upper lip appears perspiration;
- When examined by a pediatrician, these symptoms. As heart murmurs. In such a situation, it is necessary to pass the ECG and consult a cardiologist.
The process of clarification and diagnosis
If the child is suspected of a heart defect,He is urgently sent to see a cardiologist or immediately to a cardiosurgical center. Its employees once again check all the symptoms and identify them with all types of UPU, assess the nature of the pulse and blood pressure, study the condition of all systems and organs, conduct appropriate studies and analyzes.
If the defect causes any doubt, the baby will have to undergo a catheterization - insertion of the probe through the vessels.
Parents themselves are often indignant that the pathology has not been established yet at the gestation stage, when it was possible to decide on the termination of pregnancy.
The reasons for this situation can be several:
- Unprofessionalism of female counselors;
- Inadequate equipment used for standard and planned research;
- Natural features of the structure of the heart and fetal vessels, which prevent to see the presence of anomalies.
Possible methods of cure
Radical treatment of heart disease detected in newborns. Consists only in surgical intervention, since therapy with medicines makes it possible only to relieve the intensity of symptoms and temporarily improve the quality of life of a small person.
Usually, medicines are used to prepare the child's body for subsequent surgical violence.
Open-type operations are carried out if required treatment Severe vices of a combined type, when you need to immediately perform a huge amount of surgical intervention.
Such procedures are appointed:
- Patients whose health condition allows them to wait for their turn at the operation, which can last a year or more;
- Children who need to correct the defect in the next six months;
- Patients who need treatment for a maximum of a couple of weeks;
- Children with severe UPU who can die in the next 12-24 hours.
Regrettably, there are babies who have only one ventricle since birth, no cardiac septum, or an underdeveloped valve. This Babies can only count on palliative intervention, in which the state of health improves temporarily.
In the event that there are insignificantHeart defects, doctors recommend that parents stick to the tactics of waiting. So, for example, the fully open arterial duct is quite capable of closing itself after a few months after the baby was born.
And such an anomaly as aortic valve with two valves, and does not show its presence at all, which completely rejects the need for drug or surgical intervention.
What is fraught with such a disease?
Consequences of congenital heart disease in newborns can be the most deplorable if they are not diagnosed on time and do not start treatment.
In the opposite case, there is every chance that a child can live a normal life, only periodically visiting a cardiologist and conducting preventive studies.
It is likely that in order to ensure that the consequencesThe transferred operations again did not make themselves felt, it is necessary to accustom the heir to the necessity to carry out feasible physical exertion, to be outdoors, to eat vitaminized foods and avoid harmful addictions to alcohol, sweets and tobacco.