Swimming is very useful for infants. It promotes the strengthening of immunity, trains the circulatory and respiratory system of the baby. Learn how to teach a child to swim!
It would seem, why teach a child to swim withInfancy? There are several reasons for this, the main one of which is to harden a child and strengthen his health. Swimming is useful for people of all ages, in the body the body not only relaxes, but also trains, and more gently and effectively.
Of course, the baby does not yet need activePhysical exercises, however, therapeutic water exercises help strengthen muscles, remove hypertension of muscles and straighten fingers on pens and legs. What else can a child bring swimming?
What is the use of therapeutic swimming for babies
It should be noted that swimming in infancyConditioned by congenital reflexes. The carapouse in the mother's womb was in a liquid environment, so that in the first months of life it feels comfortable in the water. By three or four months, the reflexes of the children stay on the water, so even if the baby learns to swim in the first months of life, most likely, in a more mature age, the child will have to learn anew.
Naturally, with regular classes in the bathroom orBasin baby can not lose his skills, and from the category of the reflex they will be transferred to the category of acquired ones. But the essence of breastfeeding is not this, to teach a child to stay on the water and dive is not an end in itself.
Swimming is of great benefit to children's health:
- Strengthened and elastic muscles, joints, ligaments of the baby;
- The body of the child is hardened, its immunity becomes stronger;
- The baby learns to breathe more "deeply", which contributes to the development of the respiratory system, and as a consequence, the child is protected from colds;
- Breastfeeding has a positive effect on the circulatory system, during the "Floundering"In the water there is a stimulation of the circulatory system, blood comes to the organs and tissues better, blood pressure is normalized;
- When diving, the infant experiences a delay in breathing, which stimulates neural activity and promotes the formation of new connections in the brain;
- Among other things, water gently and without any discomfort flushes the tip of the child, removing from it dust, bacteria, allergens.
And one more positive point is that the child falls asleep well after water procedures and sleeps peacefully, rarely waking up.
Swimming for babies: When and how to start
Begin water lessons with an infant can notBefore the umbilical cord wound, about 2-3 weeks of life. Do not think that it is too early, because the baby has not yet lost the breath holding reflex, and he does not swallow the water, and most importantly, will not be afraid, the water is still familiar to him. In addition, it promotes physical and emotional development.
The easiest way is to start in the bathroom whileThe child is still very tiny, he will have enough space for maneuvers. Approximately from six months the kid can already extract legs to the bottom of the bathroom, at this time it is worth shifting swimming lessons with babies to the pool.
When teaching in the bathroom should follow several recommendations:
- The water temperature should not be more than 37 °,But not less than 30 °. The first water lessons are best conducted at a temperature of 36 °, then gradually, after a few days, you can lower the temperature by half a degree and so on until it becomes 30 °;
- Before you start swimming forBabies need a good bath. In this case, you can not use a product containing a lot of chemistry, it is best to clean it once with soap and children's soap. In addition, once a week you need to wash the bath with an antiseptic, for example, soda;
- When doing exercises in the bathroom, adding nothingIt is necessary, whether it is herbal infusions or manganese. The child in any case swallows the water, even a little. If the karapuza shows bathing with herbs, it is better to do them separately.
Swimming lessons for babies
Before starting to study the lessons, several points of preparation for water training should be clarified:
- Beginning in the bathroom or pool is recommended 50-60 minutes after eating, when the baby is full, while the milk has already mastered;
- The child should be in a good mood, if he is naughty, then he will not splash and will only cry;
- It is not very convenient to support the infant during training from standing, it is necessary to stand for a long time, so you should prepare a highchair for yourself;
- On the floor in the bathroom is advised to lay a rubber mat to avoid sliding;
- It is also necessary to prepare a cleanDiaper, which after water procedures can wipe the child. It is also convenient to carry the baby in the dressing room. If the house is warm, you can carry crumbs naked, it helps harden the child's body;
- Before swimming it is recommended to do the babymassage. Without taking your hands off, you should stroke your chest, excluding the heart and papilla, but with the grip of the intercostal muscles. Next, you need to move to the tummy, and rub this area, moving from the navel to the periphery, as if from the center go rays. Then you should stroke the stomach clockwise.
Now you can learn how to immerse an infant inAnd how to do the actual swimming. First, you should introduce the child to the bathroom: touch it with the handle to the water. Further, lower your feet into the water and slowly, vertically, vertically immerse further, while confidently and gently talking to him.
There are two types of child support: Under the chin (the child lies with his belly down, his mother clasps his chin) and under the back of his head (the child is on the back, his mother holds it under the back of his head and, if necessary, raises his ass with the other hand). It is worth trying both support to find out which one is more like the baby.
Medicated breastfeeding involves difficult lying on the water, and moving around the bathroom or pool. You can independently "Ride»The child on a bathroom by eights. Supporting him for the head to lead from one end of the bathroom to the other. When the baby reaches the border, you need to stay a little longer so that he reflexively pushes.
During the voyage it is worthwhile to talk with the child all the time, voicing every movement: "Sail"," Pushing ", etc. Over time, the child learns to swim and without support, will actively move his legs and hands, and get real pleasure from splashing. However, before releasing the baby into an independent swim, you need to teach him to dive.
It will be most convenient for the child to dive from the sourcePosition "on the stomach." Moving with the baby on the bathroom and supporting him by the chin, you need to loudly, but not abruptly say: "Dive" and pour on his face water.
The kid should reflexively squint, close his mouth and hold his breath. The second time after the word "Dive"It is necessary to wait for the child to blink, andLower it completely under the water for a couple of seconds. After some time the child will learn to dive after the code word, and he will not need to splash water in the face.
Accessories for baby swimming
If the child does not go out to stay on the water withoutSupport, you can use a special cap or circle. The cap is a cap with pockets in which the foam is placed. You can buy it in a store or make it yourself: sew the pockets to the cap and put foam blocks there.
Circle to make their own hands is unlikely to succeed,However, to buy it is not a problem. To swim a babe with a circle in the bathroom, you will not need some fancy model with carbines or rattles, enough of the simplest circle. The main thing is that it is comfortable for the baby: with a chin recess, quality material, odorless and with a flat inner seam that does not damage the skin.
To practice in the pool, the child will needSpecial briefs. On sale there are diapers-panties and just panties. And in diapers, and in panties there are comfortable elastic bands on the legs, which do not allow to escape unexpected surprises. Panties for swimming for babies are sold in different sizes, at any age and weight.
In general, when attending classes in the poolWill need not only panties, it will be necessary to take a certificate from the pediatrician that the child can swim. If the mother plans to deal with the baby herself, she will also need help from the doctors: from the gynecologist and the therapist.
In this case, she should be given blood tests. All necessary information and accessories, which will be needed in the pool, should be found in the institution itself.
Teach your baby to swim from the first weeks of life, and he will grow healthy, strong and developed beyond the years!