How to treat laryngitis in children with a nebulizer? What drugs can I use during the treatment? What complications of laryngitis in children
Many respiratory infections in childrenAccompanied by an inflammatory process in the tissues of the larynx, or acute laryngitis. The main causative agent is respiratory viruses, a secondary bacterial infection can later join.
In young children, the larynx is surrounded by looseConnective tissue, the laryngeal lumen is relatively narrow, so the disease is dangerous with the development of edema of the mucous membrane and the underlying loose connective tissue.
It becomes dense and further reducesLaryngeal lumen, making it difficult to pass air through it. This condition is called a croup, or stenosing laryngitis. In older children, the disease is much easier due to the anatomical features of the structure of the larynx.
It is noted that the disease is more oftenChildren from 6 months to 3 years, especially those who have an overweight or an increase in the thymus. The disease is characterized by seasonality of the spring-autumn, as the amount of SARS at this time is growing.
What to do?
Treatment of laryngitis in children includes activities that you can do yourself at home.
They will greatly facilitate the condition before the arrival of doctors:
- Often ventilate the room where thesick. Many parents mistakenly believe that the air should be high in temperature. In fact, a cool moist microclimate will facilitate the breathing of a sick baby. It is important to preserve nasal breathing, since air in the nasal cavity is moistened, so you will have to use vasoconstrictive drugs. If the baby is relatively well, continue walking in the fresh air;
- Watch the baby's menu. Products should not be allergenic. Chocolate, sweets, smoked products, spices, cocoa, citrus and many exotic fruits can provoke the development of croup and allergies by immediate type;
- Effective are distracting procedures. It is noted that such measures reduce the frequency of coughing;
- Try to keep the baby talking in a whisper, do not shout, since it increases the load on the vocal cords. Explain that for the time of illness it is necessary to talk quietly;
- A plentiful warm drink. It can be compotes of dried fruits, morsels, warm milk with honey or Borjomi.
Treatment of laryngitis in children with nebulizer lastTime becomes more popular. With the help of a nebulizer it is possible to moisturize the respiratory tract, and with the help of special forms of drugs (in nebulas or solutions in ampoules) to remove spasm and make inhalations with expectorants if there is a moist cough.
Inhalations with mineral alkaline waters orWarm physiological solution is carried out in the first days often, every 1.5-2 hours, then up to 3-4 times a day. Breasts breathe through a special mask, and children are older through the mouthpiece.
If your baby is prone to frequent relapses of stenosing laryngitis, respiratory diseases, it is recommended that parents purchase a nebulizer.
The rest of the children can breathe moistened air, for example, in the bathroom. To do this, simply collect hot water in the bath and go with the baby for 7-10 minutes.
Do not make children inhalation over the pan withBoiling water or hot potato broth, this can worsen the condition of the respiratory tract and trigger a burn mucous. Allergy sufferers also can not use herbal tea and essential oils, they increase the risk of developing allergic reactions of immediate type.
Treatment of laryngitis in children, which drugs can I use?
There are special preparations for use in nebulizers:
- Ambroxol and its various analogues, producedPharmaceutical companies (Lazolvan, Ambrobene). It liquefies phlegm, reduces its viscosity, which facilitates expectoration. It is recommended to dilute the drug with physiological saline in a ratio of 1: 1. Inhalations with expectorants are used with a damp cough, in no case can they be combined with antitussive drugs: Codeine, Libexin, Sinekod;
- With viscous or purulent sputum (attachmentSecondary bacterial infection) are prescribed ACS or flumimil. These medicines facilitate the departure of mucus from the upper and lower respiratory tract. Medicines are diluted 1: 1 with saline. Duration of the course is up to 10 days;
- Sinupret. Increases local immunity and reduces swelling. Sinupret is also diluted with saline, applied up to 3 times a day;
- Rotokan. A drug based on extract of chamomile, yarrow, calendula. It can be used for laryngitis, bronchitis, acute inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract in children not prone to an allergic reaction;
- Spasm of the larynx remove some medicines: Salbutamol, berodual, berotek, atrovent. The most famous is Salbutamol, which is also used as an evohaler. By its effectiveness, Berotecu is a bit inferior. It is used for relief of acute attacks of laryngo- and bronchospasm, as well as in the complex therapy of obstructive airways diseases. Atrovent is less effective, but it is the safest. It can be used in children with obstructive airways diseases;
Acute laryngitis can have a different nature, so treatment in children should be aimed at eliminating the causes and creating the most comfortable conditions for the microclimate.
Laryngitis in the baby is accompanied by frequentAttacks of spasm, especially at night, so treatment is best done in a hospital. It is aimed mainly at eliminating symptoms: adherence to bed rest, copious drinking regimen, antipyretic drugs.
If a severe dry cough suffers, then the doctorWill prescribe antitussives, provided that the infection does not spread to the bronchial tree. In the case of a bacterial or fungal nature, antibacterial or antifungal agents are prescribed.
Drugs for the treatment of laryngitis with signs of croup in children
All children with symptoms of cereals are hospitalized in the hospital, since the condition requires urgent medical attention.
Intramuscular injection of suprastin 2%solution. If there is no suprastin, you can use pipolfen and diphenhydramine once. These drugs increase the viscosity of phlegm, delay swelling of the inflammatory fluid, so it is better to use suprastin.
If the patient is very excited, there is a possibility of seizures, so it is recommended to use sedatives: droperidol, seduxen and sodium oxybutyrate.
Children with severe symptoms of laryngeal stenosisInjected intramuscularly hydrocortisone. If necessary, then antipyretic drugs and medications are administered to support cardiac activity.
Laryngitis has symptoms of suffocation, treatment in a childEven in a hospital should be conducted in a comfortable climate, it is necessary to regularly moisten the air with steam, combined with oxygen therapy. It is convenient to use steam-oxygen tents, where the temperature is constantly maintained at 30 degrees and 100% humidity.
The concentration of oxygen in such tents reaches40-50%. Special devices provide spraying of medicines in the form of an aerosol (euphyllin, sodium hydrogencarbonate, hydrocortisone and suprastin). Well, inhalation of pre-moistened oxygen is good.
If treatment with conservative methods does not produce results, and respiratory insufficiency increases, specialists conduct tracheostomy or nasotracheal intubation.
When the croup of diphtheria nature is simultaneously onThe initial stages of treatment introduce antidiphtheria serum according to the method of Bezredki, and the virus-bacterial laryngitis is treated with antibacterial agents.