Crusts on the head of newborns are a phenomenon familiar to many parents. Simple recommendations of specialists will help get rid of existing crusts and prevent the emergence of new
Formation of crusts on the head of a newbornIt is familiar to many mothers. This problem is quite common, and therefore does not cause much concern for parents. Nevertheless, even if the process does not pose a health hazard to the child, it is not the norm, so you should know how to remove these crusts on the skin.
Scales in a baby can spread throughoutThe scalp. Usually they are located around the fontanelle, but eventually, in the absence of proper care, they grow rapidly and cover often all the hair from the roots to the tips.
As a rule, such entities have a white oryellow. In medical terminology, this phenomenon is known as seborrheic dermatitis. These formations can still be called dairy, or seborrheic, crusts.
Causes of crusts on the head
One of the reasons for this unpleasant phenomenonBecomes too tender baby skin, which itself is predisposed to the appearance of skin disorders. Often a violation of thermoregulation or water metabolism in tissues is added to the low protective properties of the skin of a newborn. All these factors only create favorable conditions for the appearance of yellow or white crusts on the baby's scalp.
The main reason for their education isFeatures of the activity of the sebaceous and sweat glands of your baby. In newborns, the sebaceous glands work too actively, and the sweat glands are too tightly to each other.
They will start functioning normally only7-year-old child, so many parents can fight yellow crusts on the head for a long time. Thus, the reason for the appearance of such formations on the baby's head is insufficient work of sweat glands and excessive work of sweat glands.
It is laid down by nature and does not depend on any external factors, however in some cases this process can be aggravated by the wrong care of the baby.
This can lead to such factors:
- Overheating of the child, because the high temperature leads to increased sweating;
- Improperly selected shampoo. To care for the baby, you can not use funds for adults, it can only be a children's hypoallergenic shampoo;
- Frequent washing of the head leads to flushing and soThin protective layer, resulting in dry skin. It further stimulates the activity of the sebaceous glands, so you can see how the crusts on the head begin to thicken;
- Allergy greatly lowers children's immunity, so these children often have milk crusts on their heads.
Specialists do not exclude the influence of hormonesMothers on the body of the child: they cause increased secretion of the sebaceous glands and, as a consequence, seborrheic dermatitis appears. From these hormones the children's body will completely get rid of by eight months, then the problem will disappear.
How to deal with crusts
The opinions of specialists on the appropriateness ofThe removal of seborrheic scales from the infant's head is radically different. Some experts are convinced that removal of formations can lead to damage to the skin and penetration into the dermis of infection, while others believe in slowing hair growth when forming scales on the skin.
Indeed, if you decide to get rid ofManifestations of seborrheic dermatitis, in no case do not rip off these formations with your hands. With such careless actions, you will injure the skin and increase the risk of infection. Moreover, all white crusts can not be removed, and with time they appear again.
To ensure safe care of the headBabies, this process should be carefully prepared. The first thing you should do is to prepare some kind of emollient. They can be olive or burdock oil, baby soap, a special shampoo. Also you will need a soft brush with a bristle made from natural fibers and a cotton cap.
Then, following this step-by-step instruction, carefully dispose of the manifestation of seborrheic dermatitis:
- The emollient should be carefully applied to the entire scalp of the baby's head using cotton wool;
- Put on a crumb cotton cap, and after 2 hours during bathing, rinse the applied product;
- After bathing with the brush as carefully as possibleRemove all white and yellow scales from the child's head. On the skin can remain a small number of small scales, do not touch them with your hands, most likely, they will disappear during the next bath.
If you still have a crust on your headBabe, try to leave the emollient for the whole night, and in the morning, wash it off. This procedure can be carried out not more than once a week. It is useful to clean the skin of a baby's head even when seborrheic dermatitis completely disappears, since it is peculiar to appear again.
Application of special means
Currently, parents can take advantage ofSet of the most various means intended for care of the child. Some mothers helped to get rid of the crusts on Mustela's head - a baby foam shampoo against seborrheic dermatitis.
Mustela Bebe does this:
- Maintains the water balance of the skin;
- Gently and gently wash the head of the newborn;
- Thanks to kerato-regulating property removes milk crusts;
- Blocks the formation of new seborrheic scales.
The innovative formula of Mustela Bebe, enrichedPatented plant component Avocado Perseos®, increases the protective properties of the skin. The advantage of using such a tool for children is that it does not scratch the child at all.
The Mustela is diluted with a small amount of water andIs applied to the scalp, foams and is washed away. Reviews of the action of this foam-shampoo is mostly positive, almost all mothers managed to get rid of or reduce the number of scales on the head of the newborn.
Prevention of seborrheic dermatitis
To exclude the constant removal of crusts from the baby's head, you need to take care of it properly.
Prevention of seborrheic dermatitis will be such simple actions:
- If your baby is sweating during sleep or breastfeeding constantly, you may need to wash your head daily with normal water without using shampoo or soap;
- Use to wash your head you can only quality baby shampoo of natural origin;
- Sometimes after applying some remedies on the skin, reddening or rashes may appear, in which case it is necessary to change the shampoo;
- Baby hair should dry naturally;
- After washing your head, put on a cotton hat;
- Daily comb the hair of the baby with a brush with soft bristles, it will prevent the formation of scales, strengthen blood circulation and improve hair growth.
Pay enough attention to caring for the newborn from the first days of his life, and you do not have to fight with the manifestations of seborrheic dermatitis.