How to chickenpox in a child? Learn to lady-magazine.com, looks like chicken pox in children - symptoms, early signs of chickenpox in children. Read how lasts chickenpox in children. Chickenpox - Complications in children
Chickenpox in common - medicalreferences the disease is called chicken pox. The causative agent of chickenpox is a common herpes virus is very hardy, which is known to live in the cells of each human body. There is an opinion confirmed by doctors that have had chicken pox as a child is better, because children suffer this disease much easier. However, when the time comes the epidemic of chickenpox in children's institutions - and it is most often fall - Parents concerned about the most important questions - how to protect your baby from chickenpox, how to identify the symptoms of chickenpox in children for sure, how to treat a child's windmill?
Chickenpox - the incubation period in children; What is chicken pox as children infected with chickenpox?
It is believed that the chicken pox - is the only viral disease, which remains the most frequent infectious disease Childhood contingent today. Experts say that chickenpox can recover in a lifetime only once, because the body recover further develops immunity to chickenpox. Although still sometimes there are cases when people get sick chicken pox 2 times in my life.
Chickenpox is most often strikes age children from 2 to 10 years. Typically, the disease is most susceptiblethose children who are in kindergarten and schools, visit the circles, sections, etc. Newborn babies up to 6 months of age can not be ill with chickenpox, because they have from birth saved immunity received from the mother and support breastfeeding.
chickenpox virus is very volatile, mode of transmission - airborne. The virus can be deposited on the mucous membranes of the eyes, nose and mouth, the entire surface of the respiratory tract, where a high speed and easily penetrates into the body.
In children, chickenpox disease first manifests itself outwardly reddish spots on the skin surface, which can then form small size blisters filled with fluid.
It should be noted that the chicken pox - is resistant infections and rapidly rapidly spreading disease among people - which is why there seasonal annual epidemics of chickenpox in children's institutions. With a current of air and dust chickenpox viruseasily penetrates into the neighboring apartments and rooms. If the kindergarten pupil of one sick with chickenpox - then all the other kids are also susceptible to the infection, and those who do not have a history of this disease is likely to become ill.
Epidemic disease chickenpox picture due to its duration incubation period of 2 to 3 weeks. The incubation period for chickenpox doesappears. Kids look absolutely healthy and active. But during this period of sick child, who does not even have any external manifestations of chickenpox epidemic is a threat to all the people around him and can infect them. When the incubation period passes and begins the most active phase of the division of the virus in the body, the baby's health begins to deteriorate, there are all typical symptoms of chickenpox disease. When the disease is on the decline, chickenpox virus stops its activity after 5 days from the occurrence of the most recent eruption on the body.
Chickenpox in children - symptoms: how to start and looks like chicken pox in children?
In most cases, chickenpox shows a typical picture of the disease, and all children have shown, we can say the same.
Among the main symptoms of chickenpox The following can be identified:
- Dramatically increasing the body temperature (40 degrees C);
- Pain in the head, limbs and muscles;
- Irritability, tearfulness baby, severe weakness and apathy;
- Unexplained anxiety, sleep disorders;
- Decreased appetite a child and even refusal of food;
- The appearance of the characteristic rash all over the body surface spots and bubbles, which do not affect only the surface of the hands and feet.
Eruptions are pink-red patches of small size, which are rather rapidly cover all the child's body in a very short period of time.
- After some time, these pink spots begin to turn into clear liquid with bubbles inside;
- The bubbles cause severe itching. Child starts itching trouble, he seekscombing the bubbles on the skin - what to do, you should not. Parents should be aware of this, and by all means to prevent scratching the baby itchy blisters on the skin. Otherwise - in combed wounds can get infected, causing severe complication - a secondary skin infection;
- Spots on the skin from the chicken pox dry up within 3 days and covered with a crust of red. But in the disease process on a patient's body rashes appear next, in a typical form of the disease - the period of 4 to 8 days, being accompanied by all the aforementioned symptoms of the disease;
- Crust, covering spots on the skin begin to fall off in 2 weeks. At the site of lesions on the skin after chicken poxintegument are subtle traces that initially painted in a pale pink color, then blend the color with healthy skin, not standing out. But if the child during illness combed chickenpox blisters on the skin at the site of scratching may be formed of various sizes scars remaining forever.
Forms of chickenpox in children; How long does chickenpox in children?
How long does chickenpox in children over time? can not be answered unequivocally. The body of each person is different, and chicken pox all proceeds differently. If you take the average data, we can say - the appearance of new spots is suspended during the period of 5 - 8 days of disease. Since that time, it is believed that chickenpox is winding down and the child recovers. Footprints on the skin from the chicken pox spots tested within 3 weeks.
All cases of chickenpox require quite different treatment - is entirely dependent on the form of the disease.
Exist typical chickenpoxThat is mild, moderate or severe, and atypical chickenpox.
- Chickenpox is a mild proceeds without fever and other symptoms. There may be only a few isolated spots and blisters on the skin, which are also accompanied by itching.
- If a child is ill chickenpox moderate severityHis body is covered with the characteristic for chickenpoxspots, the patient has a fever and intoxication symptoms. In moderately severe chickenpox body temperature over 38 degrees C.
- Severe chickenpox in childhood is extremely rare - sheusually it manifests itself in adult patients. During varicella severe the patient's body is almost entirely covered with pockmarks strongly pruritic vesicles, the body temperature rises sharply to 40 degrees. In severe chickenpox in the human body there is a large number of merging with each other stains, general symptoms of intoxication appear. In rare cases, a severe form of chickenpox can develop kids the first year of life with low immunity. Pregnant women are also vulnerable to this form of chickenpox, it is important to remember.
- TO atypical form of chickenpox refer cases of aggravated formsdisease, which is characterized by very severe manifestations of symptoms, as well as a rudimentary form of the disease, in which the chicken pox occurs completely asymptomatic.
Chickenpox - Complications in children: what is dangerous for the child to chickenpox?
If all hygiene chickenpox It does not cause any complications. If during the bubbles on the skin diseaseinflamed or were badly combed, in their place are formed visible scars remain for a lifetime. More serious effects of chickenpox patients almost does not occur. The only serious complication of chickenpox - which, fortunately, is extremely rare - it encephalomyelitis, the so-called brain inflammation.
Usually, treatment of varicella held at home. Special medicines for the treatment of chicken pox does not exist, they are not necessary. In chickenpox, doctors recommend a patient to adhere certain diet, drink plenty of fluids, to comply with strict bed rest, take allergy medications to prevent severe itching, itching to lubricate the skin soothing lotions and emerging bubbles - green paint.
Website Lady-magazine.com warns: self can damage your health! If you have any doubts about the symptoms and the child of a disease - for advice, please contact your doctor, do not put a diagnosis on their own!